America’s housing market was red hot in 2021. Home prices rose 17% in 2021. Even though US real estate is expected to cool down in 2022 and 2023, higher prices mean record commissions. More and more home sellers are looking to sell their homes themselves and save $$$ on commissions.
High tech For Sale By Owner websites help you do exactly that – save thousands in agent commissions.
Reviews: 12 Best For Sale By Owner Websites
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo offers 4 packages.
- Bronze is $249 and is best for selling a lot.
- Silver is $349, and includes everything competitors like FSBO.com charge $399 for.
- Gold is $429. It is Houzeo’s signature package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for: Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum is $999+. It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
Our Recommendation: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated 5.0 stars on Google Reviews and 4.9 stars on Trustpilot with thousands of reviews.
- Mobile application
- Nationwide coverage
- 100% online platform
- 5-star customer reviews
- IntelliList Listing Management System: Lightning fast listing and fast changes
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
Houzeo is available nationwide with coverage in 200+ markets.
FSBO.com is one of the oldest for sale by owner websites that offers nationwide coverage. It has been in business for over 20 years.
Packages: FSBO.com offers two packages.
- FSBO Package – $99.95: This package does not offer MLS Listing. You can upload unlimited photos and one video. Because there’s no MLS listing we do not recommend this package.
- MLS Package – $399.95: This package includes the MLS & FSBO.com listings. A few paid add-on options are available depending on the states.
Pros: FSBO.com gives you critical MLS exposure.
Cons: Even though FSBO.com and Houzeo MLS packages are similarly priced, FSBO.com’s technology is inferior. Additionally, you won’t know who your agent is till your information is sent to them and they reach out. All processes are manual, so time to list and time for changes is longer.
👉 Our Recommendation: With far superior technology and significantly better reviews, Houzeo.com is a much better option than FSBO.com. If you do intend to list with FSBO.com, we recommend the $399.95 MLS package.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Read our indepth review of FSBO.com
- No mobile application
- Limited a la carte items
- You won’t know the additional fee till you read the listing agreement
- You don’t know who your listing agent is or about his past records
- Listings can take 4 business days to go live. Additionally, since listing updates are manual, they take longer
FSBO.com has an average rating 4/5 (out of 2 reviews) on Better Business Bureau.
FSBO.com has nationwide coverage.
Fizber is one of the most popular For Sale By Owner Websites that offers customizable solutions to a seller.
Packages: Fizber offers 4 packages.
- The first is a free package that offers only Fizber listing with maximum photos.
- Digital Boost Package – $95: This package offers Featured Listing, Open House Manage, Listing on Redfin.
- MLS Boost Package – $270: This package includes everything from the $95 package and additionally offers MLS Listing.
- Premium MLS Boost Package – $295: This package is the same as the $270 package with an option to add more photos.
Note: For the $270 and $295 packages, a 0.5% success fee is charged at closing. (Applicable in CO, ND, SD, WY)
Pros: With cost-effective packages, Fizber has a reputation for getting houses sold quickly.
Cons: Unlike Houzeo, Fizber has hidden charges in the form of a success fee. Also, their marketing strategy involves excessive spamming.
👉 Our Recommendation: We would recommend the $295 Premium MLS Boost Package as it gives your listing maximum exposure. However, Houzeo can be an excellent alternative to sell FSBO as it offers customizable packages at reasonable prices.
» Fizber Reviews: Read our reviews of Fizber.com
- Similar to Houzeo, Fizber.com also gives you access to the MLS
- You’ll be referred to a broker who covers your states. That broker may have additional options to help you upgrade
- Because Fizber.com brokers are not on the platform (everything is offline), you won’t have control over your selling experience
- You may be assigned a broker who doesn’t have good reviews
- There’s no mobile app, social media sharing, or any advanced features of any kind
- Listings can take 4 business days to go live. Additionally, since listing updates are manual, they take longer
- Final offers will be sent to your broker, who can’t really forward them instantly
Fizber.com is rated 4.2/5 (out of 95 reviews) on Yelp.
Fizber.com has a nationwide coverage.
4. Zillow & Trulia
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the United States and has more than 40 million unique users every month. Trulia, another popular for sale by owner website was acquired by Zillow in 2005.
- FSBO listing on Zillow is free. All you have to do is create your account on Zillow.
Pros: With Zillow, you can post your home for free, even when you’re selling it yourself.
Cons: The company’s decision to hide FSBO listings will offer minimal or no visibility for your property.
👉 Our Recommendation: Zillow allows you to list your property on their local repository and gets you an online audience. But without an MLS, you are likely to be disappointed. If you want to sell your home as an owner without any hassle about the paperwork, you should consider listing your home on Houzeo.
» Zillow Reviews: Should You List Your Home FSBO on Zillow?
- User-friendly features for home buyers
- Shaman of all for sale by owner websites
- More than 135 million home listings
- Hides FSBO seller listings by default
- Solicitation calls from agents
- Poor customer service
- Zestimate, a Zillow tool isn’t reliable and the estimated closing cost can be highly inaccurate
- Listings can take 4 business days to go live. Additionally, since listing updates are manual, they take longer
Zillow is rated 1.7/5 (out of 240 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Zillow is available nationwide.
5. List With Freedom
List With Freedom is one of the biggest sell your home yourself websites. With their easy-to-use online platform, you can list your home on the MLS and sell your home on your own.
Packages: List With Freedom offers 4 packages.
- Silver Package – $89: This package offers local MLS Listing with an option to upload only 1 photo.
- Gold Package – $149: This package has everything from the $89 Silver Package plus an option to upload 6 photos.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload a maximum of 25 photos.
- Platinum+ Package – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and there is no restriction on the number of photos.
Pros: The packages are cost-effective. The MLS listing procedure is fast, and listings are quickly syndicated to other real estate websites.
Cons: You will be paying a higher buyer agent commission than other listing companies. They offer no assistance other than listing on the local MLS. With similar packages, Houzeo offers 100% online transactions, a powerful dashboard and full seller assistance.
👉 Our Recommendation: If you are an experienced seller, selling with List With Freedom would be ideal. But if you are a beginner, Houzeo’s powerful dashboard, and full seller assistance will help you to get the best price for your home.
» List With Freedom Reviews: Should YOU List With Them?
- Quick Listing
- Affordable packages
- Unlimited listing changes
- Buyer leads directly forwarded to you
- Only 1 photo at their basic plan
- Customer service has issues
- Hidden fees
List with freedom scores a whopping 4.4/5 (out of 1,615 reviews) on Trustpilot.
List With Freedom is available in all the states except ID, MT, MD, MN.
Craigslist is the biggest classified website that holds incredible traffic of 90+ million visitors. Craigslist has a separate section dedicated to all the housing and real estate listings.
You can get decent home exposure in markets where Craigslist is popular.
Packages: It’s free to list your house for sale by owner on Craigslist.
Pros: Selling your house FSBO on Craigslist will help you reach a wider audience.
Cons: Listing your home on Craigslist invites unqualified buyers or bargain hunters, who make lowball offers for your home.
👉 Our Recommendation: Craigslist is not a reliable platform when it comes to the sale of real estate. The quality of buyers is extremely questionable. We recommend that you should look for other FSBO options if you are looking for genuine buyers. Houzeo can be a pocket-friendly alternative for you to consider instead of selling your home on Craigslist.
» Selling A House on Craigslist: Know How It Works.
- No listing fee
- Fast and smooth listing process
- The traffic being exorbitant, you cannot guarantee on the quality of potential leads
- Constant home listings may bury yours, thus affecting the visibility
- Ideal for low-baller buyers only
- No mobile app limits user-friendliness
Craigslist is rated 1.3/5 (out of 261 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Craigslist is available in 90+ countries across the world.
7. Facebook Marketplace
At present, Facebook is so much more than just another social media platform. It has become one of the best free for sale by owner websites that home sellers use to list their property and get potential traffic from buyers.
Packages: Facebook Marketplace lists your home for free.
Pros: Listing on Facebook Marketplace gives your home immense exposure. You can start promoting your post and share it in relevant groups, provided you don’t violate their group policies.
Cons: Connecting with genuine and interested buyers could be difficult. Constant home listing by sellers could affect your home’s visibility.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend you to list your home on Facebook Marketplace along with other real estate for sale by owner sites for additional exposure. But at the same time make sure you verify your privacy settings before you post your listings.
- No listing fee
- Maximum Exposure
- Contact with interested buyers directly
- No map search feature – one of the most important features for property sites
- Similar to Craigslist, the audience or buyer persona here is budget-conscious too
Facebook Marketplace has a rating of 3.2/5 (out of 1702 reviews) on sitejabber.
Facebook Marketplace gives you a nationwide coverage.
When it comes to listing commercial properties for sale by owner, LoopNet ranks to be one of the best players.
Packages: LoopNet offers 4 packages.
- Silver Package – $89/ month: With this package, you can reach tenants, investors, and brokers with exposure on LoopNet, CityFeet and Showcase.
- Gold Package – $649/ month: This package includes a professional photo shoot to accentuate your property’s listing.
- Platinum Package – $1,249/ month: With this package, you get your listings expertly crafted by a dedicated LoopNet marketing professional. Additionally, 3D tours are also available with this package.
- Diamond Package – $2,499/ month: This is the most prominent marketing package including unrivaled exposure and a dedicated marketing specialist.
Pros: LoopNet offers digital tools that help you keep a track of how your listings are performing by giving you data about how many people have engaged or clicked on your listing.
Cons: LoopNet’s packages are expensive. As per our research, LoopNet has poor customer reviews.
👉 Our Recommendation: LoopNet gives your commercial property an immense exposure. However, we recommend you to do thorough research before listing with them as they have some negative feedback from customers.
» For Sale By Owner Signs: Know how to find a home with the help of a Yard Sign
- Designed specially for commercial property buyers
- Digital tools let you view the performance and make alterations accordingly
- Expensive packages for more exposure
- Unpleasant customer service
LoopNet is rated 3.4/ 5 (out of 3 reviews) on Trustpilot.
LoopNet is available nationwide.
beycome is a For Sale By Owner website that is popular across California and a handful of other southern states.
Packages: beycome offers three unique packages to list your house on MLS for sale by owner.
- Basic Package – $99: This plan lists your property in less than 36 hours and lets you post unlimited photos on MLS. But it is available in only 8 states.
- Enhanced Package – $399: This package includes everything from HDR pictures to personalized yard signs.
- Concierge Package – $599: This plan includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing. It also includes 1% of the sale price due at closing.
Pros: beycome’s MLS services are great. You to make unlimited changes in description, photos, or price update in your listing.
Cons: beycome has limited coverage. Since it is a DIY real estate service, it might not be ideal for inexperienced sellers.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend the Enhanced Plan for maximum exposure and savings. Should you look for other options, you can consider Houzeo that offers much more as compared to other real estate platforms.
» Beycome Reviews: Read to find out what beycome has to offer.
- Affordable and flexible MLS listing plans
- Basic plans starts from $99
- Offers additional features
- Available only in California and few other states
- The Concierge plan charges additional 1% agent commission fees over and above the listing charges
- The Concierge plan does not offer FSBO option
beycome is rated 4.2/ 5 (out of 12 reviews ) on TrustPilot.
beycome is available in California and a handful of other Southeastern states.
10. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty is a flat fee MLS listing service that allows you to list your house for sale by owner.
Packages: Their packages range from $159 depending on the states they operate.
Pros: They offer inexpensive packages that come with unlimited listing changes.
Cons: Listing on MLS for sale by owner with Flat Fee Realty may cost you an additional 0.1%-0.25% as broker commission.
👉 Our Recommendation: Houzeo is a better option to list your home on the MLS typically for a small flat fee. Additionally, with Houzeo’s cutting-edge technology, your listing process becomes quick and seamless.
» Read on How to Sell a House By Owner
- Unlimited listing changes
- Free cancellation anytime and refund available within 30 days of purchase
- Free state disclosures for all states
- 12 months flat fee MLS listing
- No services like pricing assistance or contract review
- 0.1% to 0.25% hidden fees
- Additional $50 to upload more pictures
- No la carte options
We could not find enough credible reviews of Flat Fee Realty to produce a rating.
Homecoin operates in California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Packages: Homecoin has a single $95 package that allows you to list your home on the MLS as FSBO. Various a la carte options are available with this package on additional payment.
Pros: Homecoin is known for its easy-to-use UI that makes quick listing possible.
Cons: Homecoin charges you a very significant amount ($450) for state-required seller disclosures.
👉 Our Recommendation: If you are an experienced FSBO seller and know exactly what to choose from their a la carte options, homecoin should be ideal for you. However, the add-on charges are high as compared to Houzeo and other FSBO sites.
» Homecoin Reviews: Read our reviews on Homecoin.
- FSBO listing
- Only $95 as listing fees
- 100% online
- Additional charges for state disclosures
- $450+ hidden fees
- Clumsy and time-consuming interface
- Only available in selective states throughout America
Homecoin is rated 5/5 (out of 97 reviews) on Yelp.
Homecoin is available in California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.
ISoldMyHouse is a “Sell your home yourself” website focused on helping homeowners sell their home and keep the most amount of money in their pocket.
Packages: They offer 2 packages.
Get Listed Package – $299: With this package, you can list your home on MLS for sale by owner. It allows a maximum of 6-10 photos.
Get Sold Package – $399: This package is different from the $299 package in that it allows a maximum of 25 photos to be uploaded.
Pros: By listing your property on local MLSs, they syndicate your home to popular FSBO marketplaces such as Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com and more.
Cons: With limited a la carte options, ISoldMyHouse may not be an ideal FSBO website.
👉 Our Recommendation: As per our research, their customer service is incompetent. We recommend you to sell FSBO with Houzeo instead because it ensures excellent customer support to address all your queries.
- No listing agent commission
- Buyers leads are directly forwarded to the home seller
- Free cancellation of the services
- Limited al-a-carte services
- Incompetent and unfriendly customer service
- Additional charge for lock box and yard signs
ISoldMyHouse is rated 3.8/5 (out of 9 reviews) on birdeye.
ISoldMyHouse offers a nationwide coverage
Best Alternatives to For Sale by Owner Websites
Do it yourself MLS listings help us save listing commission fees, provide control over the transaction, and make the process relatively easier. However, not necessarily every home seller goes for it, as it requires a lot of time and effort, which just the majority of home sellers don’t have.
Therefore, here are some top alternatives for For Sale By Owner Websites.
Discount Real Estate Brokers
Discount brokers offer lower commission rates to sellers. Their fee structure depends on the range of services they provide.
Redfin is an online discount real estate brokerage firm that offers a listing commission fee of 1% over the traditional 3% MLS listing services. Whenever you go for Redfin, you’re not only able to save a 2% listing commission fee plus get additional premium placement on their website, free professional photos, and a 3D walkthrough.
Though their technology is intensively strong than other competitive discount real estate brokerage firms, they still take approximately 18 days to get a property listed on the MLS. They have a powerful platform that is ideal for full-service brokerage. With their professional estimate calculator, you can ask for your home value with a Redfin Agent.
Redfin also offers a ‘Concierge package’. In this, they manage every aspect of your home prep and staging so you get the best result.
» Redfin Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Redfin
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Holistic services
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Average customer service
Redfin has an average rating of 3.7/ 5 (out of 161 reviews) on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin covers 80+ Markets in the United States.
‘We Buy Houses For Cash’ Companies
‘We Buy Houses For Cash’ Companies provide 50% to 70% of the property’s market value. However, they usually focus on distressed properties or properties with title complications.
If you’re looking for an option to avoid the hassle of for sale by owner, then companies that buy houses for cash can be a better alternative. They just buy your houses for cash, fix them with necessary repairs and resell or rent it out. A cash buyer such as ‘We Buy Ugly Houses’ buys distressed houses for sale and pays the seller in cash. Certainly, you won’t be getting a fair market value for your home.
The catch is they won’t pay close to what you could make selling conventionally or even close to a fair market value. This is in exchange for a quick, easy sale. We Buy Ugly Houses pays 50% or less of a home’s fair market value. They’ve been in this business for the last 20 years, their prestige and business process are well established.
However, the quality of service you going to receive will highly depend on the location you operate. ‘We Buy Ugly Houses’ offers a quick close, as soon as three weeks but an individual must not expect a great return as they offer a far less than the fair market value.
» We Buy Ugly Houses Reviews: Read To Know How It Works
- Get an offer in 24 to 48 hours
- Close in as little as three weeks
- No need to prep the home for listing or worry about repairs
- Pays less than what sellers could net on the open market
- Quality of service varies between franchises
We Buy Ugly Houses has 1.5/ 5 (out of 4 reviews) on Yelp.
We Buy Ugly Houses has over 800 franchises across 46 states.
iBuyers buy homes for cash directly by making an all-cash offer in 24–48 hours. If you want to sell fast, then iBuyers can be a great FSBO option.
Opendoor is one of the best instant buyers that offers cash offers on homes. In case you’re looking forward to a quick and easy transaction, selling your home to an iBuyer is a great option.
With a presence in 45 markets, Opendoor charges a 5% service fee, plus deductions for repairs and closing fees, for a quick sale. Opendoor allows you to request an offer by entering the address of your home, a photo, and a few basic details about its size and condition.
If your property meets their criteria, they’ll make you an offer based on their home pricing formula and feedback from area experts. Opendoor often delivers their offer within 24 hours. It is best for sellers whose property doesn’t need many repairs and are in Opendoor’s coverage.
» Opendoor Reviews: Everything You NEED to Know Before Selling to Opendoor
- Free, no-obligation offer
- Close in as little as 14 days, or longer if you need it
- Available in 45 markets and continuing to expand
- No control over repair costs
- The company has no standards to govern how transactions are conducted.
- Strict criteria for purchasing homes (no structural damage, no homes pre-1930, etc.)
Customer reviews of Opendoor are mostly positive, with an average rating of 4.4 /5 (out of 2,670 reviews) on reviews.io
Opendoor is currently available in 45 major markets in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, MN, MO, NV, NC, OH, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA.
What is For Sale By Owner?
A ‘For Sale By Owner’ term refers to the process of selling real estate properties without the help of an agent/broker. In other words, you skip the commission fees and take on the work and liabilities that you’d usually pay a realtor for.
According to the National Association of Realtors, 87% of home buyers search for homes online. Additionally, FSBOs accounted for 7% of home sales in 2020. An FSBO home typically sold for $260,000, while an agent-assisted home sold for $318,000.
Is FSBO a good idea?
Despite the fact that you can save thousands of dollars by using For Sale By Owner MLS listing services, people still don’t prefer it. Here’s a comparative answer to the question, “Is FSBO a good idea?”
Pros of Selling Your Home Yourself
- You have control over the Transaction: When you sell your home yourself, you have the authority over the transaction. You take care of the work and liabilities that an agent does for you.
- Great Savings: For sale by owner helps you to save thousands of dollars on closing costs to the seller’s agent.
- Maximum Exposure: Listing on an FSBO website that provides an MLS listing option gives your home maximum exposure. Also, social media sharing tools and customized yard signs are added advantages.
Cons of Selling Your Home Yourself
There are no disadvantages to listing your home on MLS other than the fact that you must share your information with reputable organizations. An FSBO MLS listing allows you to list your home in the market of your choice. FSBO listings offer significant savings as well as maximum exposure to home sellers.
Why Choose For Sale By Owner Websites?
According to Redfin, 20% of homeowners sold their homes without hiring a full-service agent in 2019. In 2021, this number has only gone up.
FSBO sellers, especially the ones falling under the $1 million and above category, are even more pronounced. Out of which 37% of homeowners opted to sell homes themselves or with the help of a limited-service agent.
A study from Northwestern University says that these For Sale By Owners (FSBO) got the same or higher price for their homes, whilst saving thousands of dollars on agent’s commission.
There are several more reasons to choose For Sale By Owner website over a traditional agent to sell your home:
- Helps you to save time and effort of going through every step manually
- Gives you the liberty to have more control over the sale
- Allows you to save thousands of dollars as agent commission
- Makes feasible the easy and quick amendments to the listing
- Mobile friendly – some For Sale By Owner websites also have a mobile app, using which you can update your listings on the go.
How to Choose the top For Sale By Owner Website
The 3 most important features that help you in determining the best FSBO website are:
|📣 Maximum Exposure||The site should offer an MLS listing option, social media sharing features, and a yard sign that displays the seller's phone number.|
|📲 Strong Technology||Home sellers should be able to do things agents do all the time: advertise open houses, add virtual tours, negotiate offers by countering an offer or asking for the best and highest offers, and manage showings.|
|☎️ Responsive Customer Service||Reviewers should rate the site 5 stars for its responsiveness to home sellers' concerns.|
What’s Important to FSBO Home Sellers?
Speaking of unconventional sellers who are aware of making more profits from their home sales, we have measured some of the metrics that are most important to FSBO home sellers:
|Sellers Want the Most Profit in a Sale||If you work with a real estate agent, they’re sure to consume 5-6% of your selling price, thus reducing your profits. When you sell with FSBO websites, you get twice as higher the savings in exchange for a nominal flat fee.|
|Sellers Want Control in their Transaction:||60% of young home sellers wanted to save money. However, over 40% of them wanted more control over their transactions.|
|Sellers Want to Save Time:||The key to saving time with all the paperwork hassle and getting more exposure is to switch to the modern way of selling.|
🔍 Explore more – 5 FSBO Tips to Sell Your Home Fast
What is the best For Sale By Owner MLS listing service?
Houzeo is the best For Sale By Owner MLS listing service because of their advanced technology, Low Prices, and Fast Listings.
We’ve covered some important features of Houzeo:
|1||No Hidden Fees||Houzeo maintains transparency in its pricing. A seller will never encounter any closing costs when the deal closes.|
|2||Maximum Exposure||Houzeo gives you MLS exposure and non-MLS exposure as well, as they syndicate your listing to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and a hundred more! This way, Houzeo gives you the maximum exposure via MLS and non-MLS sources as well.|
|3||Reach Local Agents & Offer them a Commission||Over 90% of buyers are represented by agents. This means almost all inquiries to your property will be from buyers represented by agents. With Houzeo, you can incentivize a buyer agent to show your house to their clients by offering a fair commission.|
|4||Fast Listing & Changes||Houzeo is quite popular among home sellers for how quickly they can get you listed. With Houzeo Concierge, you’ll be listed in 8 business hours if all your documents are in order!|
|5||Online Offers||You can receive, review and compare the offers your home gets right from your seller dashboard, you can even do this on their mobile app, on the go! You can even counter an offer all by yourself right from your seller dashboard. This feature is extremely useful in a multiple offers situation.|
|6||Low Prices||Most top For Sale By Owner websites like Zillow and Trulia advertise themselves as free, but they are not. They forward your leads to local agents, who’ll call and cost you time. Houzeo doesn’t sell your leads. All buyers via Houzeo are routed directly to you.|
|7||Houzeo Mobile App||Houzeo recently launched its mobile app which allows you to: View your listing, Review and compare offers, Counter an offer, Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”|
🔍 Explore more – Everything You Need to Know About Flat Fee MLS
Best Free Sites to List Homes For Sale By Owner
If you’re exploring some options to save your listing commission and sell your house yourself for free, then for sale websites like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Forsalebyowner.com, and Zillow are some of the best recommendations.
If you want to sell a house yourself, it’s important to find an ideal FSBO website that offers maximum exposure, descriptive details, and easy assistance.
Do make a note that FSBO websites do not list your house on MLS. Certainly, you’re missing out on a large number of prospective buyers. Additionally, most companies fail to provide marketing add-ons, virtual showings, comparative market analysis, attorney references and so more.
To clarify, these websites do have certain disadvantages but they can provide substantial exposure.
Houzeo also offers a free FSBO listing on their website. With decent traffic and dynamic technology experience, Houzeo ensures that your listing gains the attention of potential buyers.
Here’s a list of the best free FSBO sites.
|FSBO Website||MLS Access||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews|
|2. Zillow & Trulia||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. For Sale By Owner.com||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Facebook Marketplace||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
5 Tips To Sell Your Home Faster As A For Sale By Owner
|1||List on MLS||Homes on the MLS sell faster and for almost 17% more. There’s no better tool for maximum exposure than your local MLS. |
✍️ Pro Tip: You can list on MLS by owner without paying a listing agent commission
|2||Offer a Competitive Buyer Agent Commission||95% of U.S home sales include a buyer agent. Target buyer agents and incentivize them with a competitive commission to get top dollar for your property.|
|3||Invest in Professional Pictures||After the MLS, professional pictures are your best investment. You’re competing for clicks online. Professionally done pics will highlight the best features of your property, and allow your listing to stand out. |
✍️Pro Tip: In most major metros, Houzeo.com lets you order professional pics online.
|4||Price Your Home Competitively||Remember – the list price is to drive foot traffic. It’s not the sale price – the market determines the sale price. |
✍️ Pro Tip: 6 steps to price your home competitively
|5||Be Responsive||Respond to showing requests, offers, and inquiries promptly. And respond to the market as well. If you get multiple offers, promptly counter or request highest & best. If you don’t get offers in a reasonable timeframe, adjust pricing or commission. |
✍️ Pro Tip: FSBO websites backed by strong technology lets you manage your listing, review offers, counter, and even manage showings online and via the mobile app. See how it works.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Top For Sale By Owner Sites?
These are the best For Sale By Owner Websites that are reliable and credible: 1. Houzeo, 2. Zillow, 3. ForSaleByOwner.com, 4. FSBO.com, and 5. Fizber.com
How Do I Evaluate Which One is the Best For Sale By Owner Website?
We’ve done it for you! We’ve evaluated all these sites based on the following dimensions: 1. Which website provides the most exposure to your property listing; 2. Which website allows you to offer a Buyer’s Agent Commission; 3. Which website offers the most control over your MLS listing; 4. When you request changes, which site gets them done the fastest – because as they say, time is money!; 5. Which website provides the best value in terms of fees.
Am I Considered a For Sale By Owner, If I Purchase a Flat Fee MLS Listing?
Technically, no. Once you’re on the MLS, you’re no longer considered to be a For Sale By Owner. But that shouldn’t matter. Your listing agreement with the agent is usually “entry only”, which means it only pertains to the entry of the property listing onto the MLS and can be canceled anytime. Think of this as a technical hoop, so you can get the marketing prowess of all the agents out there. For a small flat fee, no less. You’re not locked into a long-term exclusive agreement that you can’t get out of.
If I Want to Add an Open House or Change Price, Can I Change My MLS Listing?
You can easily request changes to your listing, including advertising Open Houses, changing list price, photos, description, listing status, buyer’s agent commission, etc. all online on Houzeo.com.
Are there closing costs when you sell a home for sale by owner?
Of course, there are closing costs to consider prior to signing the contract. Fees such as loan payoff costs, transfer taxes, title insurance fees, attorney fees, and other additional fees to close the deal. Although these vary upon the property’s sale price, state, and location. We have detailed blogs on seller closing costs in many states. Be sure to read those to educate yourself and avoid last-minute surprises.
Do Realtors Avoid For Sale By Owner?
Yes and no. If you’re advertising as a pure FSBO, you’ll get less exposure, plus agents will chase after you as a lead. With a Flat Fee MLS listing, you get the most powerful tool any agent has, for only a small fee. Agents won’t hassle you to earn your business, and you’re not locked into any long-term contracts!
Can I List My House on MLS Without an Agent?
No, it’s not possible to list your property on MLS without an agent. With Houzeo's Flat Fee MLS listing, you can do it for a small flat fee though!
Related: for sale by owner websites, for sale by owner listing on the mls, for sale by owner home listings, for sale by owner sites, for sale by owner website reviews, houzeo reviews, zillow reviews, fizber reviews, owners.com reviews, 4salebyowner.com reviews, trulia reviews, houzeo reviews, fsbo reviews, fsbo.com reviews, fizber.com reviews, owners reviews, forsalebyowner, forsalebyowner reviews, forsalebyowner.com reviews, for sale by owner property listings, for sale by owner websites like craigslist, for sale by owner free listing, homes for sale by owner websites,
Related: for sale by owner websites free, for sale by owner house websites, free listing homes for sale, free fsbo listings, best for sale by owner mls listing service, best mls listing site, best mls site, mls for sale by owner, best mls listing sites, mls for sale by owner reviews, do it yourself mls listing, for sale by owner mls listing service reviews, where to advertise house for sale by owner, free home listing, best place to list your home for sale by owner, sell your home yourself websites, for sale by owner home listings, listing a house for sale by owner, list my house for sale for free, best place to sell house online, where can i list my house for sale, sites to list house for sale by owner