If you’re selling your house in West Virginia, you need to list it on the MLS. The MLS is the most powerful tool to sell and buy homes in West Virginia.
Only real estate agents have access to the MLS. But as a home seller, you don’t have to pay thousands in listing commission to an agent to list and sell your home. There are 4 options how you can list on MLS:
- List Yourself via a FSBO Website (Most Recommended): Some of the best FSBO sites will let you list and sell your home yourself. And in doing so, you’ll save thousands in commission!
- List on a Flat Fee MLS Service: A Flat Fee MLS service will get you on the MLS for a flat fee, with no listing commission.
- List with a Discount Broker: Discount Brokers charge anywhere from 0.5% to 2% in commission. Here’s our ranking of America’s best discount real estate brokers.
- List with a Traditional Agent (Least Recommended): A traditional real estate agent will charge you a full 2.5% to 3% commission. Plus they can be old school, with manual and inefficient processes.
Home prices in West Virginia are rising but are expected to reduce further as the year progresses. So, if you want to sell your house in West Virginia, now is the time!
MLS is Key for Sellers 💯
- Most homes in the West Virginia sell via the MLS. The MLS gives you unparalleled exposure to both buyer agents and buyers.
- Homes on MLS sold for 17% more than non-MLS listed homes, according to a Bright MLS study. MLS homes also sold faster.
- MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites giving your property critical exposure.
- There are 600+ MLS’ in the U.S. It is critical you list on your local MLS. This ensures your listing is viewable to your local buyer agents.
What is the MLS in Real Estate?
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is a database that enables real estate agents and brokers to list and view homes for sale. An MLS listing includes all the information about your property, such as its price, description, and photos.
The homes listed on MLS are syndicated to various online real estate websites. This amplifies the exposure your property gets.
Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. Consequently, only real estate agents can create MLS listings.
» List with Houzeo in West Virginia: List on MLS by owner with Houzeo.com without a real estate agent license.
Benefits of Listing a Home on MLS
Listed below are some of the benefits of listing on the MLS in West Virginia:
- Get Maximum Exposure: When you list on MLS, your listing gets syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and Realtor.com. This boosts your property’s visibility to potential buyers.
- Market to Buyer Agents: According to NAR, 86% of home buyers purchased their homes through a buyer agent last year. Listing on MLS is the most effective way to market your property to potential buyers.
- Incentivize the Buyer Agent: As mentioned above, buyer agents are involved in most real estate transactions. The MLS allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission.
- You Can Sell Faster: Homes listed on MLS are sold 17% faster than those that were not listed on MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS listing?
A flat fee MLS listing service will list your house on the West Virginia MLS at a flat rate. Unlike hiring RE agents, you can skip paying a hefty sum as a commission with a flat fee MLS service.
There are two types of flat fee services:
- MLS Entry-Only Services: They only list your home on West Virginia MLS for you. Some might also syndicate it to other websites like Zillow and Trulia.
- MLS Packages: They provide additional services, besides listing on the MLS, like photography, yard signs, and showings.
Rankings: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Services to List on MLS Yourself in West Virginia:
|Flat Fee MLS Service
|1. I Sold My House
|$299 - $399
|2. List With Freedom
|3. Clickit Realty
|4. Flat Fee Group
|5. Bestchoice Flat Fee
Reviews: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in West Virginia
1. I Sold My House
We support iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it operates in. We suggest buying the "Get Sold" plan if you reside in one of these states. More than six photos should be taken because they help sell your house.
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
» Is ISoldMyHouse Legit?: Read this blog to find out.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
» Pros and Cons of Homecoin: Read the in-depth analysis of Homecoin.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
» ISoldMyHouse.com Reviews: Do consider reading these reviews before choosing ISoldMyHouse.
2. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom offers affordable packages. However, additional services like showings and open houses come with extra charges. Often, these services cost much less.
ListWithFreedom gives you a choice of 3 Flat Fee plans.
- Gold Package – $149: This basic plan offers a 6-month listing term with 6 photos. For an extra price, you may add an online showing service, an open house, and a virtual tour
- Platinum Package – $195: This is simply the basic plan rebranded with 25 photos instead of 6 on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles. You get an online showing scheduler and maximum photo uploads. However, you must pay an additional 0.25% fee at closing.
👉 Pros and Cons of List With Freedom: Check out the pros and cons of List With Freedom.
ListWithFreedom offers the following benefits to home sellers.
- Refund Policy: You can request a refund if your home is not listed on the MLS within 14 days of placing your order.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and major brokerages like Keller Williams and RE/MAX.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make any changes to your listing without paying extra bucks.
ListWithFreedom has certain drawbacks that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Costs: ListWithFreedom charges 0.25% at closing in addition to the upfront flat fee payment.
- Not for First-time Sellers: ListWithFreedom does not offer much assistance when actually required. New home sellers can find it difficult without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
- Limited Tech: ListWithFreedom’s technology is sub-par. They lack several key features such as offers platform, mobile app etc.
3. Clickit Realty
Clickit Realty has grown to serve clients throughout the United States by connecting independent real estate brokerages with sellers.
Clickit Realty offers several packages, prices of which vary as per state.
- Common services in the package include a listing term of 6 months. All the packages offer access to free listing changes, state disclosures and contracts, and dynamic color flyers. Professional agents are also available for a free consultation.
Clickit Realty is available in all the states of the U.S.
- Great Exposure: Your property gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
- Money Return: If you want to list your property with a full-service broker, Clickit Realty refers you to a top broker and returns your money at the time of closing.
- Personalized Packages: With Clickit Realty, you can customize your package for a small extra fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary state disclosures, contracts, forms, and addendums.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All buyer leads are forwarded to you. So you can directly contact the buyers/agents.
- Connect with Real Estate Experts: With this service, you can connect with an agent for pricing support, advice, home upgrades needed, etc.
In our research, we found red flags with Clickit Realty.
- Poor Customer Service: Previous sellers have complained about the company’s bad customer service. Sellers expressed their disappointment even with the full-service plan.
- Not 100% Online: Clickit Realty is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You must budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Clickit Realty offers its services across the US. The company has connected independent, flat-fee real estate brokerages with sellers. They are licensed in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, and Connecticut.
However, they work with many flat-fee brokers in other states, so not every seller will have the same experience.
👑 Before choosing a package you should research the costs as per your state.
4. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group™ is a national association of the best flat fee brokers and REALTORS®. All brokers have been real estate agents for many years having closes thousands of deals. Click on your state and interview one of our independent brokers.
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Do consider reading these reviews before choosing Flat Fee Group.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Group: Read the blog for an in-depth analysis of Flat Fee Group.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read the reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly.
5. Bestchoice Flat Fee
Bestchoiceflatfee is a national group of independent real estate brokers. With them, you can list your property directly with a local state-licensed REALTOR® and save thousands on agent commissions.
Best Choice Flat Fee provides 3-4 packages. Prices of the package vary depending on the state.
- Common services in the package include pricing, review, and closing assistance. You get a listing term of 6 to 12 months with negotiation assistance.
Best Choice Flat Fee is a national group of flat fee brokers who also work with the Flat Fee Group. The company offers both flat-fee and full-service packages.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, and disclosures from Best Choice Flat Fee in all the packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded: Buyer leads are forwarded to you with no agent involvement. You get this service in all the packages.
There are a few negatives that you need to know when listing with Best Choice Flat Fee.
- Mobile App Unavailable: It doesn’t offer home sellers a mobile app.
- Costly Packages: The cost of their basic package is relatively high. You may get similar services at much lower prices from MLS service providers.
- No Good Reviews: Best Choice Flat Fee has no trustworthy reviews on sites like Google, Trustpilot, and Zillow.
We recommend their full-service package, which offers great exposure for a faster sale.
💡 Cheapest Ways to List on MLS: Paying 3% of the purchase price as real estate commission can become an unwelcomed expense if you are an experienced seller. We recommend opting for a Flat Fee MLS Package for listing For Sale By Owner on MLS.
How to List Your House on MLS in West Virginia?
You can list your house on West Virginia MLS using several methods, using a full service realtor or a Flat Fee MLS service. However, the steps to listing on the MLS are the same.
Here we can look through the basic steps of “how to list on the MLS”.
- Do Your Research: There are several ways to access the MLS, hiring a real estate agent is just one of them. You should know all your options before proceeding.
- Find What Suits You Best: Most companies offer a range of Flat Fee MLS listing packages, differing in features according to the seller’s experience, the listing term, and MLS coverage.
- Get Professional Photographs: 87% of buyers rely on photographs to make a decision. Accordingly, getting professionally clicked photos of your house can help you sell your house faster.
- Create a Listing: While creating a listing for your local MLS, go with a catchy headline, comprehensive description, and attractive photographs.
- Get listed on MLS: After finalizing these all prospects, forward the same to the listing agent and get your property listed on the MLS.
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in West Virginia
The cost of listing on the West Virginia MLS depends on the method you use. You can pick a full service agent or a flat fee MLS service.
A full service agent will require you to pay a seller agent commission of 2-3%. A flat fee MLS service will get you listed at a flat rate.
However, beware of hidden charges and fees at closing. Some sites may not be upfront about these costs.
Alternatives to Listing on MLS By Owner in West Virginia
There are alternative ways to List on the MLS By Owner, and they are as follows.
- Going Completely FSBO: ‘For Sale By Owner’ refers to selling real estate without the assistance of a real estate agent or broker. Many For Sale By Owner MLS listing services like Houzeo, Zillow, Craigslist, and ForSaleByOwner.com offer free listings on their respective websites.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: A discount real estate broker offers all the services that a traditional real estate agent does for a fraction of the cost. They typically sell your house for a 1% commission compared to the 2.5% to 3% charged by a traditional real estate agent charges.
» Creative Ways to Market an FSBO House: Find out 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale By Owner Homes.
How to List on MLS via Houzeo.com in West Virginia?
List your home on MLS via Houzeo.com in 4 simple steps!
- Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click on “Start Free Listing” at the top right corner.
- Add Information About the Property & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Houzeo offers 4 MLS listing packages. We recommend the GOLD package as it will give you access to all of Houzeo’s technologically advanced features, like listing management, scheduling showings, and offer and lead management.
- Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs will be automatically assigned to you based on your listing agent, property type, and local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
If everything is in order, your listing will be live on your local MLS within 24-48 hours!
Listing in the MLS in West Virginia is a great way to boost the sale of your property. However, it can be expensive as access to MLS is restricted to real estate agents.
Even if you are new to selling, listing on MLS for sale by owner with a Flat Fee MLS broker like Houzeo can gain you profit.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions about Listing on MLS
1. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in West Virginia?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US Department of Justice just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
2. Are Flat Fee Realtors good in West Virginia?
Some home sellers assume that since flat-fee realtors are working for lower fees they might not provide you with good services but there are thousands of home sellers who’ve already tried these flat-fee realtors and they have saved thousands of dollar with the best services!
3. Can I request to add open houses easily?
Our IntelliList Listing Management system makes requesting open houses to be added a breeze!
4. How much money can I actually save?
You can save up to 100% of the real estate commissions! With the Flat Fee MLS listing on Houzeo, you save the 3% listing agent commission. You’re obligated to pay the buyer’s agent the commission you offered if they’re represented by an agent, but if you procure a buyer with no agent involved, you can save even that!
» Houzeo Hidden Fees: Read further to know how much more you can save!
5. How to sell your house in 2024?
If you want to sell your home in 2024, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission.
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.
6. Do I need to sign a contract to list my home in West Virginia?
Yes, but these contracts for Flat Fee MLS listings are generally “entry-only”. That means they’re limited to the agent entering your listing into the MLS. And they can be canceled/terminated anytime with no penalty!
7. Can you list rentals on the MLS in West Virginia?
Yes, you can list rentals on the MLS. Listing rentals on the MLS can boost your visibility and give you a competitive edge. Accordingly, you can close the rental transaction faster.
Related: flat fee MLS in West Virginia, Selling a home without a West Virginia realtor, how to list on West Virginia mls, MLS free listing, MLS how to list, how to create an MLS listing, put home on MLS, how to list a property on MLS in WV, how to add listing to MLS, how to post on MLS, can anyone list on West Virginia MLS, list house on MLS, sell home MLS, list house on WV MLS, how to get your home on MLS, listing home on MLS, how to get your home in the MLS, What is MLS?,selling a house without a Realtor, fsbo WV MLS listing, how to get a West Virginia mls listing without a realtor.