Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
Rankings: Top 7 Flat Fee MLS West Virginia Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|1. I Sold My House||$299 - $399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|2. List With Freedom||$89-$295||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. Clickit Realty||$99-$199||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. Flat Fee Group||$399-$549||0.5%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. Bestchoice Flat Fee||State Wise||none||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|7. Save ON MLS||$499||none||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 7 Best West Virginia Flat Fee MLS Companies
1. I Sold My House
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
2. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom gives you a choice of three Flat Fee plans.
- Gold Package- $149: This is the basic plan with 6 photos and a 6-month listing term. You have the option to add an online showing service, open house, and virtual tour for additional fees.
- Platinum Package- $195: This is simply the basic package rebranded with 25 photos instead of 6 photos on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus- $295: In this plan, you get all the upgrades from the basic plan plus the basic listing service.
🚩 Watch Out: Listwithfreedom may seem like an affordable option but will charge you anywhere between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing!
Listwithfreedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee platforms in the USA!
- Quick Listing: Listwithfreedom makes sense for experienced home sellers on a tight budget. The listing is completely done online. Your listing will be live within 24-48 hours!
- Unlimited Listing Changes: Unlimited changes allow you to create the best possible listing that will attract potential buyers.
👉 Customer Reviews: The platform has a 4.3-star rating on Trustpilot out of 1,721 reviews in total. However, not all customers were happy with their experience!
Listwithfreedom has certain red flags that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Fees: The word ‘deceptive’ has come up a few times in Listwithfreedom customer reviews. The 0.1% – 0.25% commission cost is not mentioned upfront on the pricing page!
- Not for First-time Sellers: Listwithfreedom does not offer much assistance when actually required. New home sellers can easily feel lost without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
👉 Should you List with Listwithfreedom? Read a detailed analysis before making your final choice.
We do not recommend ListWithFreedom for first-time FSBO sellers. However, experienced home sellers can go for the Platinum+ plan priced at $295 for a quick listing without broker assistance.
3. Clickit Realty
Clickit Realty offers several packages, prices of which vary as per state.
- Common services in the package include a listing term of 6 months. All the packages offer access to free listing changes, state disclosures and contracts, and dynamic color flyers. Professional agents are also available for a free consultation.
Clickit Realty is available in all the states of the U.S.
- Great Exposure: Your property gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
- Money Return: If you want to list your property with a full-service broker, Clickit Realty refers you to a top broker and returns your money at the time of closing.
- Personalized Packages: With Clickit Realty, you can customize your package for a small extra fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary state disclosures, contracts, forms, and addendums.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All buyer leads are forwarded to you. So you can directly contact the buyers/agents.
- Connect with Real Estate Experts: With this service, you can connect with an agent for pricing support, advice, home upgrades needed, etc.
In our research, we found red flags with Clickit Realty.
- Poor Customer Service: Previous sellers have complained about the company’s bad customer service. Sellers expressed their disappointment even with the full-service plan.
- Not 100% Online: Clickit Realty is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You must budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Clickit Realty offers its services across the US. The company has connected independent, flat-fee real estate brokerages with sellers. They are licensed in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, and Connecticut.
However, they work with many flat-fee brokers in other states, so not every seller will have the same experience.
👑 Before choosing a package you should research the costs as per your state.
4. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
5. Bestchoice Flat Fee
Best Choice Flat Fee provides 3-4 packages. Prices of the package vary depending on the state.
- Common services in the package include pricing, review, and closing assistance. You get a listing term of 6 to 12 months with negotiation assistance.
Best Choice Flat Fee is a national group of flat fee brokers who also work with the Flat Fee Group. The company offers both flat-fee and full-service packages.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, and disclosures from Best Choice Flat Fee in all the packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded: Buyer leads are forwarded to you with no agent involvement. You get this service in all the packages.
There are a few negatives that you need to know when listing with Best Choice Flat Fee.
- Mobile App Unavailable: It doesn’t offer home sellers a mobile app.
- Costly Packages: The cost of their basic package is relatively high. You may get similar services at much lower prices from MLS service providers.
- No Good Reviews: Best Choice Flat Fee has no trustworthy reviews on sites like Google, Trustpilot, and Zillow.
We recommend their full-service package, which offers great exposure for a faster sale.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You do not get MLS listing in this plan.
- MLS Package – $399: The package includes an MLS listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some red flags with FSBO.com.
- Not 100% Online: The company shares your information with a local broker who lists your property. There is no online automation therefore you must complete all the paperwork manually.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to enhance your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Fees for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Costly Customization: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat Fee MLS service providers.
We recommend the $399 MLS package. The package offers maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Moreover, your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more.
However, you should be aware that a la carte fees might go to a maximum of $335! For example, you will have to pay an extra fee of $75 and $150 if you want to use the CSS showing service and e-lockbox rental.
7. Save On MLS
With Home Discovery Realtors, you can purchase a single MLS package for a flat fee.
- Diamond Flat Fee MLS Package ($499): This package includes up to 40 photos with online forms and Virginia State disclosures. The MLS and other websites, like Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, etc., will list your home for the period you select.
Sellers looking for local support can benefit from Home Discovery Realtors.
- Broker Assitance: The company claims to offer full assistance during the pricing and negotiation process. They also provide strategic marketing assistance upon request, according to their website.
- E-Sign Available: You can e-sign all offers, counteroffers, and forms. As a result, the transaction stays online and is more efficient.
Home Discovery Realtors raises a few red flags.
- Only One Listing Package: The diamond package is the only listing package offered at Home Discovery Realtor.
- Unclear Information: Home Discovery Realtor provides direct lead generation to sellers, however, their communication methods fail to clarify. It is also unclear how much it costs to change listing details, which can result in hidden costs during closing.
We recommend Home Discovery Realtors’ Diamond Plan for VA homeowners looking for a local realtor.
How Much Do West Virginia MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $200-$800 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in WV.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
WV Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: The closing costs in West Virginia are approximately 8%-10% of the total home value. This includes 6% agent fees. You can save on hefty agent costs by opting for a Flat Fee MLS listing company.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in West Virginia include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $200-$300 per hour
- Escrow Fees: $200-$500
- Home Inspection Fee: $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6%
Seller’s Disclosure: A West Virginia home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in West Virginia includes some of the following:-
- Disclosure of Material Defects
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure West Virginia
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
|Types of Hidden Fees||Cost||Description|
|1. Cancellation Fees||$50-$200||If you need to cancel your listing, you need to pay cancellation charges. However, some companies do allow free cancellation, if you cancel before your listing goes live. |
Example: Flat Fee Group charges $25 for cancellation.
|2. Listing Changes Charge||$25-$50||If you need to make any changes to your listing, companies charge extra for that.
Example: Flat Fee Multiple Listing Access charges $10 for listing updates.
|3. Expensive Listing Upgrades||$50-$100||If you need to add more photos to your listing, post an open house or avail a showing management tool, you will be charged extra for these upgrades by some Flat Fee MLS service providers.
Example: Congress Realty charges $50 for listing extension; whereas List With Freedom charges $25 for Open House postings and $59 for Showing Scheduler.
|4. Additional Upgrades||$50-$200||Any service that is not part of the package you sign up for. These are additional services that you need to pay for separately, i.e, Photography, Market Research, Contract Review, etc.
Example: Flat Fee Group which offers pro photography at $290.
|5. Expensive Yard Signs||$100-$150+ $120 (deposit)||Expensive charge for yard signs, even though these yard signs are given on a rental basis.
Example: Homecoin charges $99 for a rental yard sign.
|6. Lockbox Charges||$100-$200||Lockboxes are given on rental for a small charge. However, some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a huge sum as lockbox rental fees.
Example: Homecoin charges $125 for lockbox even though it is on a rental basis.
|7. Commission at Closing||0.1-0.5%||Some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a commission at the time of closing, as a hidden seller agent fee. This fee is often undisclosed and charged to the seller once they close a deal. Sometimes this fee is also masked as a compliance fee.
Example: Flat Fee Realty which charges 0.1%- 0.25% at closing in some states.
|8. Flat Fee at Closing||$750||Fixed Fee companies charge an additional flat fee at closing which is not mentioned upfront.
Example: FlatFeeMLSRealty which charges a flat fee at closing ($350 + $400)
|9. Escrow Charges||$1K-$2K||Some Flat Rate companies charge for escrow at the time of closing.
Example: Vegas Flat Fee charges $995 compliance fees at closing
|10. Seller Disclosures||$100-$200||State-required seller disclosures are unavoidable. Few companies charge for this service as well.
Example: Yager Realty has seller disclosure feature only in their premium packages. Since seller disclosures are imperative to listing, you need to only go for their premium packages!
|11. Application Fees||$50-$100||Few companies charge non-refundable application fees.
Example: List with Freedom charges $50 as application fee.
Alternatives To West Virginia Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most West Virginia home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in West Virginia: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in West Virginia will pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad buy hundreds of homes in Charleston and other West Virginia Cities. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in West Virginia.
- Realtors in West Virginia: West Virginia Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, you get assistance from the list to close.
- For Sale By Owner: You can opt to sell your home without any broker assistance. FSBO websites give you the required tools to help you list your property on the MLS.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. You must pay the listing agent and buyer agent’s commission as the seller. Flat Fee real estate brokers will help you save thousands in listing agent commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in West Virginia. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Flat fee MLS?
Flat-fee MLS refers to the practice in the real estate industry of a seller entering into an "à la carte service agreement" with a real estate broker who accepts a flat fee rather than a percentage of the sale price for the listing side of the transaction.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in West Virginia. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
What is the difference between Flat Fee MLS and Traditional Agent?
A traditional broker commission model is usually 6% on closing, which is going to cost more for you as home seller. A Flat Fee MLS on the other hand, asks you a flat fee instead.
Which is the best Flat Fee MLS in the US?
Houzeo is one of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services in the US. Houzeo gives you access to tools only real estate agents have.
How much do Flat Fee services cost in West Virginia?
Flat Fee services in West Virginia could cost you around $99-$549.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related: West virginia mls, westvirginiapackages, wv homes for sale by owner, westvirginiapackages com, list of companies in west virginia, real estate companies in west virginia, realtors in west virginia, fsbo west virginia, West virginia mls, westvirginiapackages, wv homes for sale by owner, westvirginiapackages com, list of companies in west virginia, real estate companies in west virginia, realtors in west virginia.