If you are selling your home in New Jersey, the service of a Flat Fee MLS New Jersey company is your best choice for maximum saving and exposure.
A New Jersey Realtor will charge you a 5%- 6% commission fee at closing. Say, your home costs around $500,000. A cool $25,000 will end up in the agent’s pocket. Whether selling a condo in Princeton or a vacation home in Atlantic City, you can save on hefty agent commissions with Flat Fee MLS Listing companies in the Garden State.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
Rankings: 7 Flat Fee MLS New Jersey Listing Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Cost||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. NJ Real Estate Boutique||$395||None||⛔||✅||✅||⛔||⛔|
|4. RealMart Realty||$395 - $695||1% at closing (premium)||✅||✅||✅||⛔||⛔|
|5. I Sold My House||$299-$399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|6. Flat Fee Realty||$179||0.1%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: Flat Fee MLS NJ Listing Services
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS Listing plans.
- Bronze: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with maximum photos on the MLS.
- Silver: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Gold: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Is Houzeo Legit? Find out before investing!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo pros and cons!
- No Listing Commission: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo offers up-to-the-minute technology to give you a smooth ride from list to close. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience!
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find Out what sellers said about Houzeo!
We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan priced for an easy and quick listing. The full-service Platinum plan is a great option for first-time FSBO sellers who need expert guidance.
👉 Is Houzeo Good? Find out here!
📌 Houzeo New Jersey Pricing: In New Jersey, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $299. The Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 0.5% at closing.
2. NJ Real Estate Boutique
NJ Real Estate Boutique provides one Flat Fee MLS package and a Full-Service package.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Plan -$395: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, and other sites. Additionally, it offers unlimited changes in open house postings and also provides a ‘For Sale Sign’.
- Full-Service Plan – 3.5% Commission: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with comparable market analysis. It also provides agent support for negotiations, contract reviews, and paperwork.
NJ Real Estate Boutique is a local Flat Fee MLS company available in Northern New Jersey.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you.
- No Extra Fee for Open House Posting: You do not have to pay an additional fee for open houses.
- Add-On Services: You can customize your package as per your requirement. They offer additional services like professional real estate photography, occupied home staging, digital agent lockbox, etc.
There are a few negatives of listing with NJ Real Estate Boutique.
- No Refund: You do not get money back if you cancel your listing after it goes live on the MLS.
- Re-Listing Fee: You have to pay the initial price for re-listing your property.
- Not 100% Online: NJ Real Estate Boutique is low on tech. Therefore, sellers might find it challenging to manage their listings remotely.
- No Tools Offered: It does not offer tools like a closing cost calculator, CMA, etc.
NJ Real Estate Boutique offers a single flat fee MLS listing plan. Seller doesn’t have much to choose from when you have a single flat fee option.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You do not get MLS listing in this plan.
- MLS Package – $399: The package includes an MLS listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some red flags with FSBO.com.
- Not 100% Online: The company shares your information with a local broker who lists your property. There is no online automation therefore you must complete all the paperwork manually.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to enhance your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Fees for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Costly Customization: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat Fee MLS service providers.
We recommend the $399 MLS package. The package offers maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Moreover, your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more.
However, you should be aware that a la carte fees might go to a maximum of $335! For example, you will have to pay an extra fee of $75 and $150 if you want to use the CSS showing service and e-lockbox rental.
4. RealMart Realty
Realmart Realty provides offers 2 Flat Fee packages and 1 Full-Service package.
- Flat Fee Listing Plan – $395: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. You also get a “For Sale Sign” and the buyer or buyer agent details.
- 1% Professional Agency Plan – $695 + 1% at Closing: The package allows you to list Allows listing your home until sold. It also includes a realtor digital lockbox, full paperwork support, and dedicated agent assistance.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services-
- Showcase 25 Photos: $100
- Professional Photography: $199
- Unlimited Open House Advertisement: $100
- In-Home Staging Consultation: $99
Here are some key highlights of listing with Realmart Realty:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package by adding sign upgrades, lockbox, personal assistance, and professional photography as per your requirement.
- Listing Changes: You can make unlimited changes on the MLS after your property is listed.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you via email or phone by Realmart Realty.
In our research, we found some deal breakers with Realmart Realty.
- Slow Listing: Realmart Realty’s listing procedure is manual. They send you too many offline forms which delay your listing on the MLS.
- Expensive Add-on Services: Their add-on services are expensive. You have to pay $29 – $199 for services like in-house professional photography, listing extension renewals, and CMA report.
We recommend their Flat Fee Listing Plan priced at $395 that offers add-on services. In the package buyer leads are also forwarded to you.
5. I Sold My House
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
6. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- Common Features: A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Additional Costs: Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
Homecoin offers a single Flat Fee plan which requires many upgrades!
- Flat Fee MLS Listing – $95: This is a barebones MLS listing service with a 12-month listing term. Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Listing Changes: $5 per change
- Lockbox: $125
- Photography: $100+
- Sign Post: $99
- Real estate forms help: Varies
🚩 Watch Out: Your listing will be fulfilled by a local broker. So make sure to read the listing agreement carefully to ensure there are no additional fees or surprises!
Homecoin can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Simple Listing Option: Experienced home sellers who don’t require any broker assistance can opt for Homecoin’s $95 listing plan.
- Online Paperwork: You can complete all the required paperwork online for a quick listing.
👉 Homecoin Reviews: Homecoin has a 4.6-star rating from 51 total Google reviews.
Homecoin has several shortcomings!
- Expensive Add-Ons: The $95 plan may seem like a steal deal but in reality, it is a honeytrap. Once you opt for the cheap plan you will quickly realize that it is only a minimal listing option. For everything else, you must pay extra!
- Missing Features: Several key features like showing service, contract reviews, inspections, etc are not available in many cities that Homecoin covers. If they are available you must shell out $400 – $3,000 for the services.
- Subpar Tech: Although Homecoin claims to be 100% online the tech is pretty basic. The dashboard is clunky and does not auto-populate your listing data.
👉 Homecoin Reviews: Read the detailed review before investing.
We do not recommend Homecoin. Most FSBO sellers will need additional assistance. With Homecoin you will end up spending way more than anticipated, especially if you need extra support.
How to List Without a Realtor in New Jersey?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do New Jersey MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $200-$800 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in NJ.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
NJ Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: The closing costs in New Jersey are approximately 8%-10% of the total home value. This includes 6% agent fees. You can save on hefty agent costs by opting for a Flat Fee MLS listing company.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in New Jersey include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $1,000-$1,500 per hour
- Escrow Fees: $200-$500
- Home Inspection Fee: $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6% Listing Agent Fee + 2%-3% Buyer’s Agent Fee
Seller’s Disclosure: The Seller Disclosure Form in New Jersey is a standard checklist form for material defects and features of the property. New Jersey home sellers are not legally required to complete the Seller Disclosure form. However, it is advisable to disclose any defects with your property to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in New Jersey includes some of the following:-
- New Jersey Real Estate Disclosure Form
- Lead Paint Disclosure NJ
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo Indiana Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To New Jersey Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most New Jersey home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in New Jersey: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in New Jersey will pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad buy hundreds of homes in Princeton and other New Jersey Cities. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in New Jersey.
- Realtors in New Jersey: New Jersey Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, you get assistance from the list to close.
- For Sale By Owner: You can opt to sell your home without any broker assistance. FSBO websites give you the required tools to help you list your property on the MLS.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. As the seller, you must pay the listing agent and the buyer agent’s commission. A Flat Fee listing agent will help you save thousands in seller commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in New Jersey. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Flat Fee MLS
A Flat Fee MLS listing service, is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realtor. You retain all the rights to sell your home as an FSBO, and can enjoy other real estate services (with the help of a flat fee real estate broker) depending on the chosen package.
How much do flat-fee MLS services cost in New Jersey?
New Jersey flat-fee services cost anywhere from $250 to $600 and will vary depending on the services you want.
What are average closing costs in NJ?
You can calculate the closing cost, by using this closing cost calculator. Click on this to know the closing cost of your home
Do you need to pay for MLS and also belong to a local realtor association?
Once you sign up for a Flat Fee listing service, that particular company will list on your behalf on various MLSs. And, no, you don't need to belong to a local realtor association.
When is the best time to sell a house in New Jersey?
As per reports, July is the best time to sell a house.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related Keywords: flat fee mls nj, flat fee mls listing nj, flat fee mls new jersey, selling house as is in NJ, selling a home as is in NJ, selling a house as is in nj, websites for sale by owner, website for sale by owner