Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
Rankings: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Louisiana Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Congress Realty||$299-$499||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. Flat Fee Group||$349 - $499||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. Flat Fee Realty||$249||0.6%- 0.75% to 0.5%-1%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. I Sold My House||$299-$399||0.1%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|6. Best Choice Flat Fee||$399-$1,995||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|7. Louisiana Flat Fee MLS||$129-$149||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: Flat Fee MLS Louisiana Companies
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS Listing plans.
- Bronze: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with maximum photos on the MLS.
- Silver: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Gold: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Is Houzeo Legit? Find out before investing!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo pros and cons!
- No Listing Commission: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo offers up-to-the-minute technology to give you a smooth ride from list to close. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience!
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find Out what sellers said about Houzeo!
We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan priced for an easy and quick listing. The full-service Platinum plan is a great option for first-time FSBO sellers who need expert guidance.
👉 Is Houzeo Good? Find out here!
📌 Houzeo Louisiana Listing: In Louisiana, Houzeo’s Bronze package costs $99, the Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379+0.5%. The full-service Platinum package costs $349+1% at closing!
2. Congress Realty
Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service Package.
- Basic Package – $299: Includes a listing term of 6 months, 4 photos and state forms & disclosures, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: Includes the same services as the basic package with 10 free listing changes. In addition, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: Includes all services of the Plus Package with unlimited free listing changes, and open house postings.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This Package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: Jared Andrew English is one of the most capable brokers in the business. Whether you are buying or selling a home, Andrew provides excellent representation.
- Excellent Customer Service: Congress Realty’s Andrew and his team are among the fastest and most accessible brokers in the industry.
👉 Jared English Congress Realty: Jared English and Congress Realty have an “Excellent” of 4.9 stars out of 5 from 155 Houzeo home sellers. Check out his profile on Houzeo’s vendor page!
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. The broker community holds Jared Andrew English in high regard.
However, Congress Realty boasts several upgrades. These can pile up quickly at the time of closing!
We recommend the Premium Package as the best value for your money. You get unlimited changes with the Premium package. The cheaper plan requires you to purchase upgrades separately.
3. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
4. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- Common Features: A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Additional Costs: Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
5. I Sold My House
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
6. Best Choice Flat Fee
Best Choice Flat Fee provides 3-4 packages. Prices of the package vary depending on the state.
- Common services in the package include pricing, review, and closing assistance. You get a listing term of 6 to 12 months with negotiation assistance.
Best Choice Flat Fee is a national group of flat fee brokers who also work with the Flat Fee Group. The company offers both flat-fee and full-service packages.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, and disclosures from Best Choice Flat Fee in all the packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded: Buyer leads are forwarded to you with no agent involvement. You get this service in all the packages.
There are a few negatives that you need to know when listing with Best Choice Flat Fee.
- Mobile App Unavailable: It doesn’t offer home sellers a mobile app.
- Costly Packages: The cost of their basic package is relatively high. You may get similar services at much lower prices from MLS service providers.
- No Good Reviews: Best Choice Flat Fee has no trustworthy reviews on sites like Google, Trustpilot, and Zillow.
We recommend their full-service package, which offers great exposure for a faster sale.
7. Louisiana Flat Fee MLS
Louisiana Flat Fee MLS offers 2 Flat Fee plans for a quick listing.
- 6 Month 12 Photo Option – $129: This is the base plan with a 6-month listing term and 12 photos. Your listing gets syndicated on the local MLS and other listing websites such as Zillow and Trulia. All state forms and disclosures are available.
- 6 Month 25 Photo Option – $149: This is the upgraded base plan with 25 photos. You also get a Showcase Listing on Realtor.com.
🚩 Watch Out: Cheap listing plans like $129 usually come with hidden costs. These can go up to 0.25% of your home sale price!
Louisiana Flat Fee MLS is a local company and could be a decent choice for experienced sellers.
- Quick Listing: The barebones listing plan is a quick way for an experienced seller to get their property on the MLS. However, be prepared to do most of the grunt work yourself!
- State Disclosures: All state-required forms and disclosures are provided free of cost with both packages.
- Hidden Costs: Louisiana Flat Fee MLS refers your listings in Louisiana to ListWithFreedom.com or other Flat Fee Brokers. They typically charge a 0.25% fee at closing.
- Outdated Website: The website lacks a seller’s dashboard, an e-sign option, and a mobile app.
- Barebones Listing: There are no additional or à-la-carte services included in any flat fee MLS package
👉 Customer Reviews: There are no credible sources for customer reviews. This makes it difficult to judge a seller’s overall experience.
We do not recommend Louisiana Flat Fee MLS for most FSBO sellers. Check out our top 2 Flat Fee MLS companies for better plans.
How to List Without a Realtor in Louisiana?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do Louisiana MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $200-$800 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in LA.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
LA Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: The closing costs in Louisiana are approximately 8%-10% of the total home value. This includes 6% agent fees. You can save on hefty agent costs by opting for a Flat Fee MLS listing company.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in Louisiana include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $200-$300 per hour
- Escrow Fees: $200-$500
- Home Inspection Fee: $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6% Listing Agent Fee + 2%-3% Buyer’s Agent Fee
Seller’s Disclosure: A Louisiana home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in Louisiana includes some of the following:-
- Disclosure of Material Defects
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure Louisiana
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo Louisiana Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To Louisiana Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most Louisiana home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in Louisiana: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in Louisiana will pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad buy hundreds of homes in New Orleans and other Louisiana Cities. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in Louisiana.
- Realtors in Louisiana: Louisiana Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, you get assistance from the list to close.
- For Sale By Owner: You can opt to sell your home without any broker assistance. FSBO websites give you the required tools to help you list your property on the MLS.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. You must pay the listing agent and buyer agent’s commission as the seller. Flat Fee real estate brokers will help you save thousands in listing agent commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in Louisiana. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does it Take For My Listing to go Live?
The typical stipulated time to list is 2 business days after you’ve completed all your tasks accurately and the broker doesn’t have any questions for you. But for most MLS’ in Louisiana, your listing can be up in 4 to 8 business hours (Central Time).
Is Flat Fee Legal in Louisiana?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all across the US. In fact, the DOJ of America recently updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner.
How do you sell a house by owner in Louisiana?
To sell your home as a For Sale By Owner (FBSO) in Louisiana, you'll have to take on all the duties of a real estate agent. Once you've decided on a listing price and prepped your home for sale, you'll need to market it. You'll also have to be available for showings and open houses.
Can I List My House On MLS Without a Licensed Agent?
No, you cannot list your house without a listing agent on an MLS website. However, with Houzeo’s Flat Fee MLS listing, you can do it for a nominal flat fee.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related: best for sale by owner mls listing service, best site for sale by owner homes