A traditional Realtor charges 5% – 6% commission to sell your home. At that price, you’ll pay $25,000 in commissions alone if you’re selling your home.
Low-commission agents are a budget-friendly option. They charge lesser than the 6% commission, typically, 1% to 2%. If you want to save half of the commission, you should list on MLS by owner.
List on Houzeo and Save Thousands in Commission!
We’ve reviewed and ranked South Carolina’s top 5 best low commission real estate agents in 2023.
Rankings: 5 Best Low Commission Real Estate Agents in South Carolina
|Low Commission Agent/Company||Fee||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews||Broad Coverage||Mobile App|
|2. 1 Percent Lists CSRA||1% |
|3. Redfin||1.5% |
|4. HomeLight||2.5% |
|5. Trelora||1.5% |
* Houzeo is not a real estate agent. It is an advanced real estate tech platform that collaborates with brokers to sell properties.
Detailed Reviews: South Carolina’s 5 Best Low Commission Real Estate Agents & Companies
Houzeo is America’s top-ranked Flat Fee MLS service. With them, you will pay the lowest commission to list your home. They offer maximum savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology. Houzeo offers 4 packages.
- Bronze Package – $349: This package offers Houzeo listing for 3 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $199+: This package offers Houzeo listing for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Gold Package – $299+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum Package – $179+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👑 The Queen’s Take: If you are looking for a way to save money on commission. Houzeo is a good option because they provide Flat Fee MLS, which has the lowest commission possible.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Here are some advantages of Houzeo.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
- Max Savings: With Houzeo, you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. You can sell your properties without incurring traditional real estate agent fees, saving money.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo provides cutting-edge technology for a seamless journey. It has an intuitive seller’s dashboard, and a free mobile app.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is syndicated to 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia.
» Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo has a 5-star rating on Google Reviews and Trustpilot.
2. 1 Percent Lists CSRA
1 Percent Lists CSRA is a franchise of 1 Percent Lists and covers the SC-GA region. They use cutting-edge marketing strategies to save thousands of dollars for sellers.
1% Commission: The commission is charged upfront and there are no hidden charges. Their service package includes MLS Listing, showings, marketing, managing inspections and appraisals, dealing with paperwork, and handling negotiations.
👉 Our Take: 1% Lists CSRA can be a cost-effective option to get a full-service package. However, they have limited coverage and do not offer services to home buyers.
1 Percent CSRA offers the following advantages to sellers:
- Market Exposure: They give more market exposure to sellers by listing on the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, and other real estate platforms.
- Low-Cost Full Service: They offer the same real estate services as a standard realtor but at a fraction of the cost.
- Digital Marketing: Innovative marketing strategies that leverage social media platforms are their strength.
- Contract Negotiations: They negotiate with the buyer to get the best value for the seller’s property.
- Advanced Technology: Electronic documents transfer and bluetooth lockboxes show the company’s reliance on technology.
1 Percent Lists CSRA has certain limitations related to reach and credibility:
- Limited Coverage: They currently cover only Columbia County, Richmond County, and the Augusta area in the SC-GA region.
- Low Credibility: The company has less than 30 reviews on Google. It’s credibility cannot be ascertained on the basis of few reviews.
- No Buyer Support: 1 Percent Lists CSRA isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
1 Percent Lists CSRA has a 5-star rating from 29 reviews on Google.
Redfin is America’s #1 discount real estate brokerage. They offer a 1% listing fee when you buy and sell. If you only sell they charge a 1.5% commission.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent: This includes premium placement on Redfin, professional photos, and a 3D walkthrough.
- Redfin Premier Agent: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes coordinated e-mail campaigns, luxe mailers, and brochures.
👑 The Queen’s Take: Redfin gives your property exposure and provides other services. But you can only enjoy these benefits if you use Redfin to buy and sell.
» Redfin Reviews: The reality of 1% fees, pros, cons, & alternatives.
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
- Advanced Technology: They have a user-friendly website and provide a mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Detailed Marketing Plan: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and a marketing plan.
- Buyer Rebate: If you sell with Redfin for 1.5% commission, you get 0.5% rebate for buying another home within 365 days.
In our research, we found some disadvantages of Redfin.
- No Dedicated Service: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service.
- Mixed Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS.
- Limited Agent Selection: Based on customer reviews, Redfin has a limited selection of agents. This results in giving you fewer options to choose an agent.
HomeLight is an agent matching service, free for home sellers. They offer both full and limited service plans.
- Free Agent Matching: Your real estate commission varies depending on the agent you are assigned. In some cases, the traditional 5%-6% commission may still apply.
» HomeLight Reviews: Check out the customer reviews for HomeLight on Sitejabber.
HomeLight has a network of the best real estate agents, and brokers. They help to create tailored guides and resources in the process of selling a house.
- Good Agent Coverage: They have a good number of agents as per their coverage area.
- Estimators and Calculators: HomeLight offers home value estimator, best time to sell calculator, agent commissions calculator, and net proceeds calculator.
In our research, we came across a few red flags of HomeLight.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: The agents you are matched with may not work at your convenience. Even the listing speed will be based on the agent selected.
HomeLight offers decent agent-matching services. However, you may be matched with a listing agent who charges 3% commission, meaning zero savings for you. Their agents handle multiple clients at a time time. This could lead to miscommunication and lack of personalised services.
Trelora is a full-service realty that offers services at discounted rates to home sellers. It unites home sellers, agents, and buyers on a single real estate platform.
Trelora offers 2 listing packages for sellers:
- Trelora EasySell – $2,500: This package is available only through Trelora’s mobile app where sellers can get virtual full service for a flat fee.
- In-Person Full Service – 1% Commission: This package offers in-person full service for a commission of 1% of the sale price at closing.
👉 Our Take: Trelora charges a 1% commission to sellers at closing. Bear in mind that you basically pay this hefty amount to get an agent’s support throughout the selling process.
Here are some advantages of Trelora you should consider before choosing them.
- Good Add-On Features: Trelora provides additional services such as listing consultations, professional photography, and help with negotiations.
- Good Technology: Their software claims to make the process digital and straightforward. But it lacks detailed information about their tech stack.
» What is Trelora? Read to learn more about them.
Trelora has drawbacks you should know about before you venture with them.
- Multiple Agents Assistance: To reduce operating expenses, Trelora agents manage multiple clients, which can result in miscommunication due to different low-cost agents assisting you at various stages of the sale.
- Poor Customer Support: Previous customers have criticized their low-quality customer service.
What are Low Commission Real Estate Agents/Companies?
Low commission agents or companies offer services similar to traditional agents at discounted rates. These discounted rates usually range from 1% – 2% as compared to the traditional charges of 2.5% – 3%. You will also have to pay the traditional commission fees of 2.5% – 3% to your buyer’s agent.
Your average savings depend on the type of low commission real estate agent or company you select. Potential savings can range from 1% – 1.5%, helping you save thousands!
» Discount Realtors Near Me in South Carolina: Discover discount realtors near you and start saving today!
Types of Low Commission Real Estate Agents and Companies?
Based on the level of services they provide, there are various real estate agents and companies:
- Flat Fee Real Estate Brokers: Flat fee Realtors charge a flat fee instead of a fixed percentage to list your home. They provide services such as listing across high-traffic websites, professional photography, flyers, and scheduling home tours.
- Virtual Full-Service Agents: They offer 100% online services. These include property search, preparing contracts, negotiating offers, home tours, etc. at no additional cost.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: They offer services at commission rates lower than traditional agents. They charge 1% – 2% commission or a pre-defined flat fee.
🤔 What is the Average Realtor’s Commission?
The average commission for realtors is roughly 5% – 6% of the final sales price. The ideal commission for the seller’s agent typically ranges between 2.5% – 3%. Similarly, the buyer’s agent will also charge 2.5% – 3%.
How to Choose a Low Commission Real Estate Agent/Company?
It is necessary to choose the right low-commission real estate agents for a hassle-free house-selling journey. Following are some tips for you to make a wise and quick decision to choose the best low-commission realtor:
- Research and Compare: You should look for real estate agents or companies that offer low commission rates. Compare their rates and services to find the best value for your money.
- Negotiate: Don’t be afraid to negotiate with the agent or company to reduce the commission. Some may be willing to lower their rates depending on the market conditions or the specifics of your transaction.
- Consider Package Deals: Some real estate companies offer discounted commission rates if you use their services for both buying and selling a property. Explore these package deals to maximize your savings.
- Advanced Technology: Choose real estate companies in South Carolina offering innovative technology, online paperwork and mobile apps.
- Online Reviews: Check customer reviews online to get insight into the type of services you can expect to receive.
- Low commission real estate agents or companies offer cost-effective alternatives to traditional real estate agents.
- Low commission realtors typically charge 0.5% to 2.5% commission instead of 3% commission.
- Despite lowest realtor fees, they provide you with professional services, including property valuation, marketing, and negotiation.
- You can potentially maximize your savings by reducing their commission expenses.
- While low commission agents can be a cost-effective option, you should also consider other aspects such as the local market conditions and the property’s unique selling points.
How Much Can You Save With a Low Commission Agent/Company?
Traditional real estate agents may charge high commission fees while selling your house in South Carolina. This reduces your profits. However, low commission agents provide the same quality services while helping you save more.
For example, if you are selling a house for $400,000, your savings with a low commission real estate agent/company will be as follows:
|Traditional Agent |
|Savings||❌ $0||✅ $6,000||✅ $4,000||✅ $2,000|
Pros and Cons of Low Commission Real Estate Agents & Companies
To decide whether real estate agents with low commission are suitable for selling your home, consider the following pros and cons:
Pros of Using a Low Commission Realtor
- Savings: Low commission Realtors can help you save on commission fees while streamlining the entire sales process.
- Technology: Platforms like Houzeo and Redfin offer technologically advanced features like online showings, marketing services, virtual home tours, etc. at no added costs.
- Do It Yourself: You have control over your listing, showings, and open houses. You can communicate and negotiate directly with the buyer’s agent.
Cons of using a Low Commission Realtor
- Selling for Less Money: You may sell your house for less than what you could have with a full-service Realtor.
- Poor Selling Experience: A discount Realtor will handle multiple clients to compensate for the reduced commission fees. This results in a lack of personalised services and post-sale assistance.
- Dual Agency: Realtors who represent both buyers and sellers are known as ‘dual agents’. The incentive to double-end a deal increases when the agents offer low commission services.
Alternatives to Low Commission Real Estate Agents & Companies
Here are some other options other for you to explore before choosing lost cost realtors:
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO): It basically means you sell your house by yourself, completely eliminating listing agent fees. Sellers with the necessary time and resources can list their house FSBO.
- We Buy Houses For Cash Companies: Companies that buy houses for cash in South Carolina offer upfront payments within 24-48 hours. However, they typically pay 10% – 30% less than the expected home sale price.
- iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad provide full cash offers and technologically advanced platforms. This is a good option if you want to sell your house fast for cash in South Carolina.
- Traditional Real Estate Agents: They offer end-to-end support from listing to closing. These agents offer a wide range of services at 3% or higher commission rates.
Finding the right balance between price and quality is essential while exploring the real estate market. If you are looking for cost-effective services then working with low-commission real estate agents is the best option.
They offer full-service brokerage at a slightly lower rate (around 2-2.5%). In the end, it depends on your specifics and the plans you select.
Houzeo provides you with flexibility and unique features that no other low-fee Realtor or company offers. It is entirely online and digitised, which streamlines the home selling process. Additionally, Houzeo is widely regarded as the best flat fee MLS platform and FSBO provider in the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What changes have the low commission real estate companies brought in the SC real estate market?
Following are the changes brought by low commission real estate companies brought in the SC real estate market:
1. More control over home sale
2. Affordable packages
3. Expedited home sale process
2. How do I find low commission real estate agents near me?
To find low commission real estate agents near you, search online for real estate agents in your area and compare their commission rates to find low-cost options.
3. Which low commission real estate agent is the best?
There are multiple factors that need to be considered when you want to find the best low commission real estate brokerage. Real estate brokerages like Houzeo, Redfin, and ListingSpark top our charts based on different features. However, the list may vary based on your requirements.
5. How to get low commission rates?
You can either negotiate with a realtor or opt for a real estate agent/ brokerages with lowest fees.
6. How low commission real estate agents make money?
Low commission real estate agents make money by charging a reduced commission percentage on the final sale price of a property. This means they earn less per transaction but aim to make up for it by handling a higher volume of sales or offering additional services for an additional fee.
Related: low percentage realtors in south carolina, discount realtors near me, top realtor near me, best real estate agent near me, lowest real estate commission in south carolina, best low commission broker in south carolina, low cost real estate broker in south carolina, real estate agents low commission in south carolina, low fee real estate brokerage firms in south carolina, minimum real estate commission in south carolina, flat fee listing agent, discount real estate agents in south carolina, low cost real estate brokerage in south carolina, low fee realtors in south carolina, lowest realtor fees in south carolina, discount real estate fees in south carolina, cheap realtor in south carolina, commission fees.