If you are selling your home in Colorado, the service of a Flat Fee MLS company is your best choice for maximum saving and exposure.
A Colorado Realtor will charge you a 5%- 6% commission fee at closing. Say, your home costs around $500,000. A cool $25,000 will end up in the agent’s pocket. Whether selling a Bungalow in Denver or Carpenter Gothic style homes in Colorado Springs, you can save on hefty agent commissions with Flat Fee Listing companies in the Centennial State.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
As the seller, you must pay both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent commission. This is a whopping 6% of your home sale price. With Flat Fee services even a first-time seller can list their home within 48 hours, save on agent fees, and complete the listing online!
Ranking of Colorado Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Buyself Realty||$399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3.Home Saving Realty||$399-$699||0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. FLat Fee Realty||$195||0.1%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|6. I Sold My House||$299-$399||$450||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|7. Flat Fee Group||$99-$1,499||1%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 7 Flat Fee MLS Colorado Companies
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
📌 Houzeo Colorado: In Colorado, Houzeo’s Silver package costs $379 + 0.5 at closing, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% at closing. The Bronze package is $299 for all home sellers in the Centennial State!
2. BuySelf Realty
BuySelf Realty Flat Fee plan prices vary according to your state and county. We have listed the common services available in the plans.
- Economy Package: This is the basic plan that allows 10 photos on the MLS for 6 months. You also get listing paperwork and basic support from a licensed broker.
- Standard Package: This plan includes everything from the economy package plus 25 photos. You also get a lockbox, yard sign, purchase agreement, and standard agreement addenda.
🚩Additional Cost: You will be charged a minimum service fee of $895 at closing.
BuySelf Realty typically offers good services for first-time home sellers.
- Affordable Plans: Buyself Realty offers plans between $299-$599 which cover most of the basic services required for listing. You can also cancel the plan at any time for no extra charge.
- Free 15min Consultation: Before purchasing a plan you can opt for a free 15min consultation with BuySelf Realty. You can schedule the call according to your availability.
👉 Customer Reviews: BuySelf Realty has 4.9 out of 5 ratings from 245 reviews on Google.
There are a few drawbacks with BuySelf Realty to be noted.
- Outdated Website: The website is pretty clunky and offers no seller’s dashboard or free mobile app for easy listing management.
- Varying Plans and Prices: The plan and prices vary according to state/county. The company offers two plans Economy Package and Standard Package. A third plan, Total Package is available in a few areas.
We recommend the Standard package in any state/county as it covers all the key services at a reasonable price. However, if you need guidance through the process you will be better-off with Houzeo’s platinum plan.
3. Home Savings Realty
Home Saving Realty offers three flat fee MLS listing packages:
- $399 Per Month + 0.25% at Closing: This package charges a monthly listing fee and includes professional photography, lockbox, contract, and closing services. You can also request referrals to home inspectors, appraisers, and more.
- $549 for 3 months + 0.25% at Closing: With this package, your property is listed on the MLS for 3 months and includes similar services to the $399 package.
- $699 Until Sold + 0.25% at Closing: This package lists your property until it’s sold and includes similar services to the $399 package.
The highlight points of Home Saving Realty are:
- Professional Photography: Home Saving Realty offers HD professional photography for all their MLS listing packages, ensuring high-quality visuals for your property.
- 24/7 Assistance: With 24/7 assistance included until your property is sold, Home Saving Realty provides valuable support for FSBOs.
Consider these points when selecting Home Saving Realty:
- 0.25% at Closing: Additional 0.25% fee at closing for all their flat fee MLS packages.
- Low Technology Support: Limited technology support may slow down the listing process.
- No Statewide Coverage: Only available in specific locations including Fort Collins, Boulder, Longmont, Loveland, Windsor, Denver, and surrounding areas.
We recommend their $699 plan as the plan lists your house until it’s sold but the packages are costly.
4. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- Common Features: A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Additional Costs: Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99.95: This is a basic plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You do not get MLS listing in this plan.
- MLS Package – $399.95: The package includes an MLS listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👑 The Queen’s Take: FSBO.com offers For Sale By Owner services, saving you thousands on hefty commissions. However, they do not list you on the MLS directly. Instead, they connect you with a broker at the state level.
👉 Pros and Cons of FSBO.com: Read the benefits and drawbacks of listing with FSBO.com.
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in specific sections dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of FSBO.com.
- Not 100% Online: FSBO.com lacks automation features. You have to manage your listings on your own.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to enhance your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat-fee MLS service providers.
FSBO.com has no reviews from credible sources.
👉 FSBO.com Reviews: Read to know more about FSBO.com
6. I Sold My House
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
7. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Colorado Near Me
There are over 500 regional Multiple Listing Sites in the USA. Here are a few in the Centennial State for FSBO home sellers.
- Flat Fee MLS Denver: For Flat Fee MLS in Denver, CO, you can expect maximum exposure and local expertise. Rates typically range from $99 to $1,200.
- Flat Fee MLS Colorado Springs: Colorado Springs Flat Fee MLS providers give your property maximum exposure on the local MLS. Their fixed rates range from $295 to $1,200.
Be careful, local CO Flat Fee MLS services have high hidden costs and sub-par technology! This can ruin your experience if you are a new FSBO seller.
How to List Without a Realtor in Colorado?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do Colorado MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $295 to $1,200 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in CO.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM Sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
CO Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: Colorado has the 8 to 10% highest closing costs in the USA. In Colorado, the seller is responsible for both the seller’s agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Other closing costs in Colorado are divided between both parties after negotiation.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in Colorado include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $150 – $500 per hour
- Escrow Fee: Spilt between buyer and seller
- Home Inspection Fee: $275 – $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6% Listing Agent Fee + 2%-3% Buyer’s Agent Fee
Seller’s Disclosure: A Colorado home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in Colorado includes some of the following:-
- Lead Paint Disclosure
- General Housing Defect Disclosures
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo Colorado Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To Colorado Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most Colorado home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in Colorado: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in Colorado pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad, buy hundreds of homes in Denver and other Colorado markets. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in Colorado.
- Realtors in Colorado: Colorado Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, if you are new to the real estate market it is likely you will need the guidance of a licensed real estate agent.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. As the seller, you must pay the listing agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Flat Fee real estate brokers will help you save thousands in listing agent commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in Colorado. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Flat Fee MLS?
Flat-fee MLS refers to the practice in the real estate industry of a seller entering into an "à la carte service agreement" with a real estate broker who accepts a flat fee rather than a percentage of the sale price for the listing side of the transaction.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
What is the Difference Between Flat Fee MLS and Traditional Agent?
A traditional broker commission model is usually 6% on closing, which is going to cost more for you as home seller. A Flat Fee MLS on the other hand, asks you a flat fee instead.
How Much do Flat Fee Services Cost in Colorado?
Flat Fee services in Colorado could cost you around $249-$700.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related: flat fee real estate colorado, MLS listing colorado, flat rate realty, flat fee brokerage, flat fee group reviews, flat fee realtor near me, real estate fees colorado, flat fee MLS listing colorado, flat fee realtor colorado, colorado flat rate realty, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, colorado mls listings, mls listings colorado