Connecticut had a population of 3.61 million people in 2021. This was a modest increase from the previous year when the state’s population was estimated to be at 3.6 million. In 1960, the population of Connecticut was estimated to be around 2.54 million people. Connecticut is one of the most costly places to live in the United States. One always needs to be updated for the best option for Flat Fee MLS Connecticut.
We have ranked and reviewed the top 5 Flat Fee MLS companies in Connecticut, to help you make an informed decision.
» In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Rankings of Connecticut Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
- How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
- Reviews: Connecticut Flat Fee MLS Companies
- Hidden Fees in Flat Fee MLS listing companies
- Final Note
- Frequently Asked Questions
Ranking of Connecticut Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Cost||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Landfall Properties||$499||~3%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Entry Only||$399 - $999||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. I Sold My House||$299-$399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Flat Fee Group||$299-$999||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
» Queen Advises: What is Flat Fee MLS?
How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
There are 2 types of costs related to a Flat Fee MLS listing
- Initial Flat Fee: You’ll have to pay an upfront fee to list your home on MLS. Usually, the initial fee ranges between $300 and $500.
- Closing cost: Once a home seller strikes a deal and closes it, they have to pay a part of their equity on home inspection fee, title and home insurance fees, seller and buyer agent commissions, and home warranty as a closing cost of their property.
» Pro Tip: To know the most accurate closing cost estimate of your state or city, check out Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator.
Reviews: 5 Flat Fee MLS Connecticut Companies
Houzeo is a real estate technology company that provides affordable services and is 100% online.
💼 Packages: Houzeo provides packages ranging from $229 to $399 for Flat Fee MLS listing Connecticut. They are quick to list, taking only 48 hours to do so.
The base plan includes 6 photographs and listing management for 3 months.
The premium service includes Unlimited alterations, a unique yard sign, federal and state disclosures, showing management, pricing aid, contract review, and closing assistance.
In their premium plan, they even compare and counter offers for you to include your home in Flat Fee MLS listing Connecticut.
📢 Exposure: They provide syndicate listings on major platforms like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
📱Technology: They provide high technology services like IntelliList Listing Management System, Houzeo Showings, Offers, Buyer Search
Queen’s Counsel: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
- No hidden charges
- 100% online transactions and formalities
- Allows to compare and manage offers
- Showing management
- Global coverage
- Ample benefits at a reasonable package price
- Yard signs and lock box
- Fast MLS listing- within two business days
- It offers a mobile application
Houzeo has an excellent rating of 4.9 out of 5 (1,349 reviews) on Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Review: Is $349 worth it?
Houzeo is available Nationwide.
2. Landfall Properties
Landfall Properties has 2 Flat Fee Plans on offer.
- Level One Package – Free: This package includes a free listing of 60 days. You can upload up to 40 photos with unlimited listing changes. However, you must pay 2% – 2.5% as broker commission.
- Level Two Package – $499: With this plan, you get an unlimited listing term and a ‘for sale sign‘. It includes contract forms and addendums, escrow services, virtue al tours, and Realtor.com visitor statistics.
👉 Landfall Properties offer’s a full-service plan ‘Level Three – 1%’ with broker Paul Marino.
Landfall Properties can be a decent option for MA home sellers.
- Free 60 days Listing: Landfall Properties offer a 60-day free listing plan for FSBO sellers. If your home sells within two months you must pay the buyer’s agent commission.
- Easy Upgrades: You can easily upgrade to the full-service package. Or cancel your listing anytime.
- No Limit Broker Consultation: All three packages include broker consultation via email/text message.
👉 Landfall Properties has a rating of 5.0 stars from 46 reviews on Zillow.
Landfall Properties have certain drawbacks to note.
- Agent Commission: The FREE package will cost you eventually. You must pay a broker commission of 2% – 2.5% depending upon the use of buyer services.
- Low on Tech: You do not get a sellers’ dashboard nor a free mobile app for easy listing management.
👑 We recommend the Level two package priced at $499 for most FSBO sellers. Plus you can easily upgrade to the full-service Level three package with $499 carried forward as a credit.
3. Entry Only
Entry Only gives you 3 Flat Fee options.
- Basic – $349: This plan includes a 12-month MLS listing with 10 photos. You also get unlimited listing changes and assistance with MA real estate forms.
- Standard – $547: This plan includes everything from the Base package plus 30 photos. You also get an FSBO pricing guide, buyer agent commission report, and marketing flyers.
- Advanced – $697: This plan has everything from the Standard package plus 42 photos. You also get a seller report from Realtor.com and educational material on offer negotiation.
Entry Only can be a decent option for FSBO sellers.
- Comprehensive Assistance: You get assistance with Massachusetts state real estate forms, an FSBO pricing guide, and a buyer’s agent commission report.
- Direct Buyer Leads: Your listing is published with your contact details and instructions to contact you directly. This can save precious time in a hot market.
👉 Entry Only New England has 5 out of 5 stars on Google.
Although, Entry Only has a 5-star rating it lacks in certain aspects.
- No á la Carte Services: Entry Only New England does not offer any add-on services. You must buy the expensive plans directly if you require any additional service over barebones listing.
- Limited Exposure: The company lists the property only on one MLS, i.e., MLS PIN (Property Information Network). This can considerably reduce your potential buyer pool.
👑 We recommend the standard plan priced at $547 for most FSBO sellers. However, if you are looking for á la Carte Services you may want to consider Houzeo instead.
4. I Sold My House
💼 Packages: I Sold My House is a flat-fee MLS listing Connecticut services that offer packages starting from $299 to $399. You can schedule open houses for no additional cost with their packages.
One of the best things they have is that they send all buyer leads directly the house seller. You can also pay $50 per month to have your listing featured on their homepage and sidebar.
📢 Exposure: Your property will be published on the homepage and sidebar of their website for $50 per month, which will enhance exposure for your home and maybe lead to a quick sale.
📱Technology: These packages are fairly restrictive and don’t allow for much customization, and there aren’t many a la carte possibilities.
⚠️ Caution: The add-on services can add up to a significant amount. So, one needs to keep these factors in mind.
👑 Queen’s Counsel: How to List On MLS For Sale By Owner (2022 Updates)
- You save the listing agent commission
- Buyer leads are directly forwarded to the home seller
- Schedule open houses without additional fees
- You are on your own to market your property
- Many home sellers have complained about their customer support
- No customization available
- Not a lot of a-la-carte services to choose from
On popular review site Better Business Bureau I Sold My House has a 4.74 out of 5 rating (38 total reviews)
Covers major MLS’ in Conecticut.
5. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers MLS listing services to home sellers across Connecticut.
👉 Packages: Their packages range from $399-$899. Their full service package will cost you 1% convenience charge at closing.
📱 Technology: They are low on technology and that’s why some of your work might be done manually and would take a lot of time.
📞 Additional Support: Pricing assistance requires you to sign up first which opens the doors to the listed agents calling you at any time.
👑 Queens Counsel: Top Discount Real Estate Brokers and Companies
- Listing syndicated to other real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com
- Contracts, addendums and disclosures are provided with the packages
- No telephonic sessions with the agent which makes it difficult for sellers to clear their queries
- Low on technology
No reviews or ratings were found on credible website pages. However, the Flat Fee Group’s real estate agents have received a lot of positive reviews on platforms like Google.
Covers most MLS’ in Connecticut.
Hidden Fees in Flat Fee MLS Listing Companies
Some Flat Fee MLS companies are not upfront about their fees. These hidden costs could go up to thousands of dollars and have a significant impact on your savings. They might say that they take a flat fee but might charge you a percentage of commission at the time of closing.
We have compiled a list of the average hidden fees that may be charged by some Flat Fee MLS listing services.
|Types of Hidden Fees||Cost||Description|
|1. Cancellation Fees||$50-$200||If you need to cancel your listing, you need to pay cancellation charges. However, some companies do allow free cancellation, if you cancel before your listing goes live. |
Example: Flat Fee Group charges $25 for cancellation.
|2. Listing Changes Charge||$25-$50||If you need to make any changes to your listing, companies charge extra for that.
Example: Flat Fee Multiple Listing Access charges $10 for listing updates.
|3. Expensive Listing Upgrades||$50-$100||If you need to add more photos to your listing, post an open house or avail a showing management tool, you will be charged extra for these upgrades by some Flat Fee MLS service providers.
Example: Congress Realty charges $50 for listing extension; whereas List With Freedom charges $25 for Open House postings and $59 for Showing Scheduler.
|4. Additional Upgrades||$50-$200||Any service that is not part of the package you sign up for. These are additional services that you need to pay for separately, i.e, Photography, Market Research, Contract Review, etc.
Example: Flat Fee Group which offers pro photography at $290.
|5. Expensive Yard Signs||$100-$150+ $120 (deposit)||Expensive charge for yard signs, even though these yard signs are given on a rental basis.
Example: Homecoin charges $99 for a rental yard sign.
|6. Lockbox Charges||$100-$200||Lockboxes are given on rental for a small charge. However, some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a huge sum as lockbox rental fees.
Example: Homecoin charges $125 for lockbox even though it is on a rental basis.
|7. Commission at Closing||0.1-0.5%||Some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a commission at the time of closing, as a hidden seller agent fee. This fee is often undisclosed and charged to the seller once they close a deal. Sometimes this fee is also masked as a compliance fee.
Example: Flat Fee Realty which charges 0.1%- 0.25% at closing in some states.
|8. Flat Fee at Closing||$750||Fixed Fee companies charge an additional flat fee at closing which is not mentioned upfront.
Example: FlatFeeMLSRealty which charges a flat fee at closing ($350 + $400)
|9. Escrow Charges||$1K-$2K||Some Flat Rate companies charge for escrow at the time of closing.
Example: Vegas Flat Fee charges $995 compliance fees at closing
|10. Seller Disclosures||$100-$200||State-required seller disclosures are unavoidable. Few companies charge for this service as well.
Example: Yager Realty has seller disclosure feature only in their premium packages. Since seller disclosures are imperative to listing, you need to only go for their premium packages!
|11. Application Fees||$50-$100||Few companies charge non-refundable application fees.
Example: List with Freedom charges $50 as application fee.
Note: This table is a generic list of all the hidden charges that various Flat Fee MLS companies charge. It will vary depending on the company you choose.
While some of these services are mentioned in their a-la-carte services, if you still need a lot of support for selling your house, you might need to consider going with a realtor.
Connecticut Housing Market Trends
Currently, Connecticut Housing market is one of the most competitive and hot housing markets within the United States.
The year 2022 will be the sellers’ market completely. The market is hot and competitive in the state. The median home values in Connecticut are $321,590 The percentage of properties for sale in Connecticut is 62.4 which is huge.
For house sellers in Connecticut, flat fee MLS services can be the best solution. Companies, on the other hand, appear to demand a significant amount of additional costs from house sellers. People are still learning about it and gradually adapting to it. You may anticipate paying $200-$800 on average for a Flat Fee MLS listing in Connecticut, but this is merely an estimate.
Each plan includes a variety of features, such as the ability to upload more photos, a la carte services, and some even give online paperwork assistance. This article examined the top flat fee MLS companies in Connecticut, and you can choose and select according to your needs.
» Want to learn more? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews to find out why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Flat Fee MLS?
Flat-fee MLS refers to the practice in the real estate industry of a seller entering into an "à la carte service agreement" with a real estate broker who accepts a flat fee rather than a percentage of the sale price for the listing side of the transaction.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Connecticut. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
What is the difference between Flat Fee MLS and Traditional Agent?
A traditional broker commission model is usually 6% on closing, which is going to cost more for you as home seller. A Flat Fee MLS on the other hand, asks you a flat fee instead.
Which is the best Flat Fee MLS in Connecticut?
The best Flat Fee MLS in Connecticut is:
2) Landfall Properties
3) Entry Only
4) I Sold My House
5) Flat Fee Group
How much do Flat Fee services cost in Connecticut?
Flat Fee services in Connecticut could cost you around $200-$800.
Related Keywords: mls ct, mls Connecticut, mls listing ct, mls listings Connecticut, connecticut MLS, mls listings in ct, realtor companies in ct, top real estate companies in Connecticut, real estate companies Connecticut, fsbo Connecticut, for sale by owner connecticut, best for sale by owner site, best FSBO sites