If you are selling your home in California, the service of a Flat Fee MLS company is your best choice for maximum saving and exposure.
A California Realtor will charge you a 5%- 6% commission fee at closing. Say, your home costs around $500,000. A cool $25,000 will end up in the agent’s pocket. Whether selling a condo in San Francisco or a vacation home in Santa Barbara, you can save on hefty agent commissions with Flat Fee MLS Listing companies in the Golden State.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
As the seller, you have to pay both the listing agent and the buyer agent commission. This is a whopping 6% of your home sale price. With Flat Fee services even a first-time seller can list their home within 48 hours, save on agent fees, and complete the listing online.
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS listing service in California can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS California Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Congress Realty||$299||$50-$800||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. Dombroski Real Estate||$299-$999||None||⛔||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. MLS Town||$95-$295||$595||⛔||✅||✅||⛔||⛔|
|6. Homecoin||$95||High Cost Add-ons||✅||⛔||✅||⛔||⛔|
|7. FSBO.com||$99-$399||High Cost Add-ons||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services, California
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS Listing plans.
- Bronze: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with maximum photos on the MLS.
- Silver: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Gold: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Is Houzeo Legit? Find out before investing!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo pros and cons!
- No Listing Commission: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo offers up-to-the-minute technology to give you a smooth ride from list to close. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience!
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find Out what sellers said about Houzeo!
We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan priced for an easy and quick listing. The full-service Platinum plan is a great option for first-time FSBO sellers who need expert guidance.
👉 Is Houzeo Good? Find out here!
📌 Houzeo California Flat Fee MLS: In California, Houzeo’s Bronze plan costs $299. The Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379+0.5% at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349+1% at closing.
2. Congress Realty
Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service Package.
- Basic Package – $299: Includes a listing term of 6 months, 4 photos and state forms & disclosures, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: Includes the same services as the basic package with 10 free listing changes. In addition, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: Includes all services of the Plus Package with unlimited free listing changes, and open house postings.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This Package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: Jared Andrew English is one of the most capable brokers in the business. Whether you are buying or selling a home, Andrew provides excellent representation.
- Excellent Customer Service: Congress Realty’s Andrew and his team are among the fastest and most accessible brokers in the industry.
👉 Jared English Congress Realty: Jared English and Congress Realty have an “Excellent” of 4.9 stars out of 5 from 155 Houzeo home sellers. Check out his profile on Houzeo’s vendor page!
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. The broker community holds Jared Andrew English in high regard.
However, Congress Realty boasts several upgrades. These can pile up quickly at the time of closing!
We recommend the Premium Package as the best value for your money. You get unlimited changes with the Premium package. The cheaper plan requires you to purchase upgrades separately.
3. Brian Dombroski
Dombroski Real Estate offers 3 Flat Fee plans.
- Bronze Plan – $299: This is a basic listing plan that includes 15 photos, a 6-month listing term, and support via email.
- Silver Plan – $399: This is a popular plan with home sellers. You get contracts, forms, disclosure documents, and property flyers in addition to the services of the Bronze Plan.
- Gold Plan – $999 + $150: The listing term is 12 months with 35 photos. Plus phone and priority email assistance and sales contract review. However, you are charged a $150 admin closing fee to remove your property from the MLS.
- Full-Service Plan: Dombroski Real Estate offers a full-service plan priced at $699 + 0.75% fee at closing. A broker will guide you through the entire transaction.
Dombroski Real Estate’s best asset is its Broker, Brian Dombroski!
- Veteran Broker: Brian has over a decade of experience in Flat Fee service. He understands the local market well and is able to provide clear guidance to his sellers.
- Quick Response: Brian’s team is known for their quick response to customer queries. This ensures a quick list-to-close process.
👉 Brian Dombroski Reviews: Brian is one of the top realtors in California. Check out his profile on Houzeo’s vendor page!
In our research, we found no glaring drawbacks with Dombroski Real Estate.
Brian is a fantastic broker and knows his way around the CA market. However, the bronze and silver plans may not work for first-time FSBO sellers. Opt for the full-service plan instead.
Beycome offers 3 FSBO packages. Prices may vary state-wise.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic listing service for experienced sellers. You get services like a local MLS listing, unlimited updates, an open house scheduler, etc.
- Enhanced Package – $399: This plan includes everything from the basic package plus added features like professional photography, promotional items, yard sign, etc.
- Concierge Service – $599+ 1%: This plan is essentially a full-service virtual package. Services include full negotiation and paperwork support and full marketing support.
Beycome is a decent choice for the few states it covers.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: All 3 Beycome plans give you free unlimited listing changes and updates.
- Great Exposure: Beycome will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Coldwell Banker.
- Assistance and Support: Beycome provides full support during the negotiation phase in their most expensive plan. You can also connect with customer care in English and Spanish.
👉 Beycome Reviews: 456 customers rated Beycome 4.5 stars on Google!
Beycome has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Expensive Add-Ons: A $99 listing is almost always too good to be true. Many costs add up during the closing stage which can completely derail a successful sale.
- Spam: Beycome is known to spam customers to upsell their Title service.
- Limited Coverage: Beycome is not a nationwide platform. Currently, Beycome is available only in 10 states.
👉 Is Beycome a Good Choice in 2023? Read a detailed analysis of Beycome before making your final choice.
We recommend Beycome’s Enhanced Package priced for budget-conscious sellers. However, the price of this package varies state wise.
5. MLS Town
MLS Town offers 2 flat rate listing plans.
- Basic- $95: A barebones listing plan which allows you to list for 3 months with 8 photos. Additional services cost extra!
- Annual- $295: You get a 12-month listing term with 16 photos on the MLS. The added advantage is unlimited listing changes and an open house scheduler.
Here is what you pay for add-ons:
- Listing support and dedicated local agent: $75 per 30mins
- CMA: $50 per report
- Offer negotiation and support: $75 per 30mins
🚩 Watch Out: MLS Town will charge you $595 for transaction coordination services if you sell your property with them.
The best part of MLS Town is the broker, Mathew Berg.
- Quality Customer Care: Most past sellers complimented the ace customer support provided by Mathew and associates.
- 7 days Money Back Guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the services, MLS Town will refund your money within the first seven days.
👉 Customer Reviews: MLS Town has a 5-star rating from 58 reviews on Google.
MLS Town has certain drawbacks for FSBO sellers.
- Costly Customer Support: New FSBO sellers will have many questions. You must pay $75 per 30mins for any support from MLS Town.
- Limited Coverage: MLS Town is available majorly in North California and a few other counties in California. You will have to check if it is operational in your area.
- Manual Paperwork: MLS Town does not have the technology to make your listing 100% online. Paperwork is filled out manually and then sent for verification. Only after 2-3 business days will the listing be activated.
MLS Town is only beneficial for those sellers who know their way around the real estate market. Be careful when using the additional services as they can quickly add-up!
Homecoin offers a single Flat Fee plan which requires many upgrades!
- Flat Fee MLS Listing – $95: This is a barebones MLS listing service with a 12-month listing term. Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Listing Changes: $5 per change
- Lockbox: $125
- Photography: $100+
- Sign Post: $99
- Real estate forms help: Varies
🚩 Watch Out: Your listing will be fulfilled by a local broker. So make sure to read the listing agreement carefully to ensure there are no additional fees or surprises!
Homecoin can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Simple Listing Option: Experienced home sellers who don’t require any broker assistance can opt for Homecoin’s $95 listing plan.
- Online Paperwork: You can complete all the required paperwork online for a quick listing.
👉 Homecoin Reviews: Homecoin has a 4.6-star rating from 51 total Google reviews.
Homecoin has several shortcomings!
- Expensive Add-Ons: The $95 plan may seem like a steal deal but in reality, it is a honeytrap. Once you opt for the cheap plan you will quickly realize that it is only a minimal listing option. For everything else, you must pay extra!
- Missing Features: Several key features like showing service, contract reviews, inspections, etc are not available in many cities that Homecoin covers. If they are available you must shell out $400 – $3,000 for the services.
- Subpar Tech: Although Homecoin claims to be 100% online the tech is pretty basic. The dashboard is clunky and does not auto-populate your listing data.
👉 Homecoin Reviews: Read the detailed review before investing.
We do not recommend Homecoin. Most FSBO sellers will need additional assistance. With Homecoin you will end up spending way more than anticipated, especially if you need extra support.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You do not get MLS listing in this plan.
- MLS Package – $399: The package includes an MLS listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some red flags with FSBO.com.
- Not 100% Online: The company shares your information with a local broker who lists your property. There is no online automation therefore you must complete all the paperwork manually.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to enhance your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Fees for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Costly Customization: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat Fee MLS service providers.
We recommend the $399 MLS package. The package offers maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Moreover, your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more.
However, you should be aware that a la carte fees might go to a maximum of $335! For example, you will have to pay an extra fee of $75 and $150 if you want to use the CSS showing service and e-lockbox rental.
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service California Near Me
There are over 500 regional Multiple Listing Sites in the USA. Here are a few in the Golden State for FSBO home sellers.
- Flat Fee MLS Los Angles: According to some real estate analysts, Los Angles median home prices are unlikely to drop. If you are trying to sell a home in LA, a Flat Fee MLS company is your best bet for saving on hefty agent fees.
- Flat Fee MLS San Diego: The real estate market in San Diego, ‘America’s finest city’ is faring well compared to other large metropolitan cities. If you are planning to sell your property in San Diego, a Flat Fee company can help you save thousands in agent commissions.
- Flat Fee MLS San Jose: According to Realtor.com, the median price for a San Jose home in March 2023 is 1.3M. That is a 3.9% increase from last year. If you are selling your home in SJC, opt for the services of a Flat Fee listing company to save on listing agent fees.
Be careful, local CA Flat Fee MLS services have high hidden costs and sub-par technology! This can ruin your experience if you are a new FSBO seller.
How to List Without a Realtor in California?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do California MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $200-$800 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in CA.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
CA Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: As a thumb rule, the closing costs in California are approximately 11% of the total home sale price. The seller is responsible for both the seller’s agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Other closing costs in CA are divided between both parties after negotiation.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in California include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $150-$400 per hour
- Escrow Fee: $500-$800
- Home Inspection Fee: $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6% Listing Agent Fee + 2%-3% Buyer’s Agent Fee
Seller’s Disclosure: A California home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in California includes some of the following:-
- Lead Paint Disclosure
- Home Owner’s Association Disclosure
- Radon Gas Disclosure
- Property Tax Disclosure
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo California Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To California Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most California home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in California: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in California will pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad buy hundreds of homes in LA and other California Cities. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in California.
- Realtors in California: California Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. You must pay the listing agent and buyer agent’s commission as the seller. A Flat Fee listing agent will help you save thousands in listing agent commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in California. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions: Flat Fee MLS California
What is a Flat Fee MLS?
Flat-fee MLS refers to the practice in the real estate industry of a seller entering into an "à la carte service agreement" with a real estate broker who accepts a flat fee rather than a percentage of the sale price for the listing side of the transaction.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in California. In fact, the US DOJ have updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for FSBO home sellers.
What is the difference between Flat Fee MLS and Traditional Agent?
A traditional broker commission model is usually 6% on closing, which is going to cost more for you as home seller. A Flat Fee MLS on the other hand, asks you for a flat fee instead.
Which is the best Flat Fee MLS in California?
Houzeo is the number 1 Flat Fee MLS company in California. See Houzeo Reviews!
How much do Flat Fee services cost in California?
Flat Fee services in California could cost you around $200-$999.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related Keywords: california mls flat fee, flat fee mls ca,flat fee mls listing service, ca MLS listings, flat fee MLS listing service california