If you are selling your home in Delaware, the service of a Flat Fee MLS company is your best choice for maximum saving and exposure.
A Delaware Realtor will charge you a 5%- 6% commission fee at closing. Say, your home costs around $500,000. A cool $25,000 will end up in the agent’s pocket. Whether selling a condo in Dover or a family home in Wilmington, you can save on hefty agent commissions with Flat Fee MLS Listing companies in the Diamond State.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
Rankings: 7 Flat Fee MLS Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Costs||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|3. Simple Choice Realty||$399||None||✅||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. Save On MLS||$399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. I Sold My House||$299-$399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|6. Flat Fee Group||$199||0.10%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|7. Flat Fee Realty||$399-$899||$20+||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 7 Flat Fee MLS Delaware Companies
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
📌 Houzeo Delaware Pricing: Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% at closing.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99.95: This is a basic plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You do not get MLS listing in this plan.
- MLS Package – $399.95: The package includes an MLS listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👑 The Queen’s Take: FSBO.com offers For Sale By Owner services, saving you thousands on hefty commissions. However, they do not list you on the MLS directly. Instead, they connect you with a broker at the state level.
👉 Pros and Cons of FSBO.com: Read the benefits and drawbacks of listing with FSBO.com.
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in specific sections dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of FSBO.com.
- Not 100% Online: FSBO.com lacks automation features. You have to manage your listings on your own.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to enhance your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat-fee MLS service providers.
FSBO.com has no reviews from credible sources.
👉 FSBO.com Reviews: Read to know more about FSBO.com
3. Simple Choice Realty
Simple Choice Realty offers only 1 Flat Fee MLS package.
- MLS Package – $399: The package includes a listing period of 6 months with 25+ photos. It also has a yard sign and state disclosures. Your listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Zillow & Trulia, and more.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- 12-month listing: $99
- Upgraded Customized Sign: $125
- Combination Lockbox: $50
- Electronic Supra Lockboxes (in some areas): $100
- Realtor.com Weekly Report: $25
- Expedited Listing (same-day MLS listing): $50
Simple Choice Realty offers its services in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey.
- Great Exposure: The listing gets syndicated on popular websites like Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com, and more.
- Listing Changes for Extra Fee: You can make changes for free to your listing.
- State Disclosures: With Simple Choice Realty you get all the vital listing disclosures.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All the buyer leads are directly forwarded to you.
- Open House Ads: You get to add 2 open house ads on the MLS for free.
👉 Chris Carr Reviews: The best part of Simple Choice Realty is their broker Chris Carr!
There are no deal breakers with Simple Choice Realty. Chris Carr has a solid reputation within the broker community.
You should know that add-on services can increase your overall spending. If you’re choosing their MLS package we suggest you budget for these.
Simple Choice offers a single flat fee MLS package that covers all the basic requirements of a home seller. You can customize the package as per your needs for an additional charge.
4. Save On MLS
SaveOnMLS offers only one Flat Fee Package for home sellers.
- Flat Fee Package- $399: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 0% Listing Commission and no hidden fees. Your listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Home Advisor, Yahoo Real Estate, and ChicagoTribune.com. You also get a yard sign and required papers upon request.
SaveOnMLS has a few potential benefits for DE home sellers.
- No Hidden Fees: Apart from the ‘one-time flat fee’ there are no other hidden costs involved.
- Yard Sign: You get a yard sign which is included in the $399 package.
- Direct Connect with Buyers: Listing agents and buyers can contact you directly to request showings.
There are a few negatives of listing with SaveOnMLS
- Low on Tech: SaveOnMLS has a basic website. It does not offer a seller dashboard or mobile app. With Houzeo you get an easy-to-use mobile app that makes your selling process simple and effective.
- Suboptimal Tech: There is no e-sign feature on their website. You have to do all the paperwork manually.
- No Customer Reviews: There are no good reviews available on trustworthy websites like Google or Yelp.
SaveOnMLS offers only one flat fee package. There are other websites like Houzeo that offer better options.
5. I Sold My House
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
6. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
7. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- Common Features: A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Additional Costs: Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
How to List Without a Realtor in Delaware?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do Delaware MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $200-$800 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in DE.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM Sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
DE Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: In Delaware, you can expect to pay around 8%-10% of your home sale price as closing costs. The seller and buyer both pay parts of the closing cost. And the biggest expenditure is the 6% agent commission costs!
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in Delaware include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $140-$500 per hour
- Escrow Fee: $200-$500
- Home Inspection Fee: $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6%
Seller’s Disclosure: A Delaware home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in Delaware includes some of the following:-
- Disclosure of Material Defects
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure Delaware
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To Delaware Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most Pennsylvania home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in Delaware: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in Delaware pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad, buy hundreds of homes in Dover and other Delaware markets. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in Delaware.
- Realtors in Delaware: Delaware Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, if you are new to the real estate market it is likely you will need the guidance of a licensed real estate agent.
- For Sale By Owner: You can opt to sell your property without the assistance of a broker. For Sale By Owner websites provide the needed tools for listing a home on the MLS by yourself.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. You must pay the listing agent and buyer agent’s commission as the seller. Flat Fee Realtors can help you save thousands in seller commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in Delaware. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Top Flat Fee MLS Delaware Company?
Houzeo is the top Flat Fee MLS company in Delaware. Houzeo offers advanced tech and reliable customer service.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal In Delaware?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Daleware. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
What is the average real estate commission in Delaware?
According to a survey, the average real estate commission in Delaware is 5.7%.
What are the steps to get my home ready for sale?
(1) Declutter and depersonalize your property.
(2) Make necessary repairs.
(3) Repaint interior walls.
(4) Organize closets and drawers.
(5) Make every surface shine
(6) Eliminate bad odors.
(7) Clean up the landscaping outside.
(8) Make the front door inviting.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related: benefits of for sale by owner, homes for sale by owner websites