Missouri had a population of 6.17 million people in 2021. This was a decent increase from the previous year when the population was around 6.15 million people. Missouri has seen advancements in the real estate domain in the past few years. One always needs to be updated for the best option for Flat Fee MLS Missouri.
We have ranked and reviewed the top 5 Flat Fee MLS Missouri companies, to help you make an informed decision.
» In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Rankings of Missouri Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
- How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
- Reviews: 5 Flat Fee MLS Missouri Companies
- Hidden Fees in Flat Fee MLS listing companies
- Final Note
- Frequently Asked Questions
Ranking of Missouri Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. BuySelf Realty||$199-$499||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. MLS My Home||$99-$199||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. Flat Fee Realty||$199||0.1%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. Flat Fee Group||$299-$999||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
» Queen Advises: What is Flat Fee MLS?
How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
There are 2 types of costs related to a Flat Fee MLS listing
- Initial Flat Fee: You’ll have to pay an upfront fee to list your home on MLS. Usually, the initial fee ranges between $300 and $500.
- Closing cost: Once a home seller strikes a deal and closes it, they have to pay a part of their equity on home inspection fee, title and home insurance fees, seller and buyer agent commissions, and home warranty as a closing cost of their property.
» Pro Tip: To know the most accurate closing cost estimate of your state or city, check out Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator.
Reviews: 5 Flat Fee MLS Missouri Companies
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS Listing plans.
- Bronze (FREE): Yes. It’s Free! Just pay a $49 fee for the Houzeo yard sign, take a selfie, and get refunded.
- Silver: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Gold: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Is Houzeo Legit? Find out before investing!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform!
- No Listing Commission: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo offers up-to-the-minute technology to give you a smooth ride from list to close. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience!
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find Out what sellers said about Houzeo!
👑 We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan priced for an easy and quick listing. The full-service Platinum plan is a great option for first-time FSBO sellers who need expert guidance.
👉 Is Houzeo Good? Find out here!
2. BuySelf Realty
BuySelf Realty Flat Fee plan prices vary according to your state and county. We have listed the common services available in the plans.
- Economy Package: This is the basic plan that allows 10 photos on the MLS for 6 months. You also get listing paperwork and basic support from a licensed broker.
- Standard Package: This plan includes everything from the economy package plus 25 photos. You also get a lockbox, yard sign, purchase agreement, and standard agreement addenda.
👉 You will be charged a minimum service fee of $895 at closing.
BuySelf Realty typically offers good services for first-time home sellers.
- Affordable Plans: Buyself Realty offers plans between $299-$599 which cover most of the basic services required for listing. You can also cancel the plan at any time for no extra charge.
- Free 15min Consultation: Before purchasing a plan you can opt for a free 15min consultation with BuySelf Realty. You can schedule the call according to your availability.
👉 BuySelf Realty has 4.9 out of 5 ratings from 245 reviews on Google.
There are a few drawbacks with BuySelf Realty to be noted.
- Outdated Website: The website is pretty clunky and offers no seller’s dashboard or free mobile app for easy listing management.
- Varying Plans and Prices: The plan and prices vary according to state/county. The company offers two plans Economy Package and Standard Package. A third plan, Total Package is available in a few areas.
👑 We recommend the Standard package in any state/county as it covers all the key services at a reasonable price. However, if you need guidance through the process you will be better-off with Houzeo’s platinum plan.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic listing plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months.
- MLS Package – $399: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
⚔️ Most $99 plans are clickbait! Proceed with caution.
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some red flags with FSBO.com.
- Not Fully Online: The company shares your information with a local broker who lists your property. There is no online automation therefore you must complete all the paperwork manually.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to simplify your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: You are not aware of which local broker will do your listing. FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Fees for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Costly Customization: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat Fee MLS service providers.
FSBO.com is available in all 50 states. You can list your home on FSBO and save on the listing agent commission.
However, you should be aware that a la carte fees might go to a maximum of $335! For example, you will have to pay an extra fee of $75 and $150 if you want to use the CSS showing service and e-lockbox rental.
👑 The Queen recommends the $399 MLS package. The package offers maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Moreover, your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more.
4. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Easy Cancellation: Within 30 days of your purchase, you can cancel and receive a refund. You can get a refund for some of your listing fees if you decide not to sell your home. There are no refunds after their broker has finished the listing process.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
👑 Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
5. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
The Flat Fee Group was established in 2003 and has since expanded to service clients all over the U.S. by connecting independent flat-fee real estate brokerages with sellers.
The pricing and variety of packages offered by Flat Fee Group.com may appeal to those looking to sell a property for a flat fee. However, not every seller will have the same experience because it works with different flat-fee brokerages.
In Georgia, options range from $299 to $995!
👑 The Queen says that Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
Homecoin offers a single Flat Fee plan which requires many upgrades!
- Flat Fee MLS Listing – $95: This is a barebones MLS listing service with a 12-month listing term. Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Listing Changes: $5 per change
- Lockbox: $125
- Photography: $100+
- Sign Post: $99
- Real estate forms help: Varies
⚔️ Most $95 plans are clickbait. You will have to buy essential services for your listing separately.
Homecoin can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Simple Listing Option: Experienced home sellers who understand the complications of a real estate transaction may opt for Homecoin’s $95 listing plan.
- Online Paperwork: You can complete all the required paperwork online for a quick listing.
👉 Homecoin has a 4.6-star rating from 51 total Google reviews.
Homecoin has several shortcomings!
- Clickbait Alert: The $95 plan may seem like a steal deal but in reality, it is a honeytrap. Once you opt for the cheap plan you will quickly realize that it is only a minimal listing option. For everything else, you must pay extra!
- Missing Features: Several key features like showing service, contract reviews, inspections, etc are not available in many cities that Homecoin covers. If they are available you must shell out $400 – $3,000 for the services.
- Suboptimal Tech: Although Homecoin claims to be 100% online the tech is pretty basic. The dashboard is clunky and does not auto-populate your listing data.
👉 Homecoin Reviews: Read the detailed review before investing.
👑 We do not recommend Homecoin. Most FSBO sellers will need additional assistance. With Homecoin you will end up spending way more than anticipated, especially if you need extra support.
Hidden Fees in Flat Fee MLS Listing Companies
Some Flat Fee MLS companies are not upfront about their fees. These hidden costs could go up to thousands of dollars and have a significant impact on your savings. They might say that they take a flat fee but might charge you a percentage of commission at the time of closing.
We have compiled a list of the average hidden fees that may be charged by some Flat Fee MLS listing services.
|Types of Hidden Fees||Cost||Description|
|1. Cancellation Fees||$50-$200||If you need to cancel your listing, you need to pay cancellation charges. However, some companies do allow free cancellation, if you cancel before your listing goes live. |
Example: Flat Fee Group charges $25 for cancellation.
|2. Listing Changes Charge||$25-$50||If you need to make any changes to your listing, companies charge extra for that.
Example: Flat Fee Multiple Listing Access charges $10 for listing updates.
|3. Expensive Listing Upgrades||$50-$100||If you need to add more photos to your listing, post an open house or avail a showing management tool, you will be charged extra for these upgrades by some Flat Fee MLS service providers.
Example: Congress Realty charges $50 for listing extension; whereas List With Freedom charges $25 for Open House postings and $59 for Showing Scheduler.
|4. Additional Upgrades||$50-$200||Any service that is not part of the package you sign up for. These are additional services that you need to pay for separately, i.e, Photography, Market Research, Contract Review, etc.
Example: Flat Fee Group which offers pro photography at $290.
|5. Expensive Yard Signs||$100-$150+ $120 (deposit)||Expensive charge for yard signs, even though these yard signs are given on a rental basis.
Example: Homecoin charges $99 for a rental yard sign.
|6. Lockbox Charges||$100-$200||Lockboxes are given on rental for a small charge. However, some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a huge sum as lockbox rental fees.
Example: Homecoin charges $125 for lockbox even though it is on a rental basis.
|7. Commission at Closing||0.1-0.5%||Some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a commission at the time of closing, as a hidden seller agent fee. This fee is often undisclosed and charged to the seller once they close a deal. Sometimes this fee is also masked as a compliance fee.
Example: Flat Fee Realty which charges 0.1%- 0.25% at closing in some states.
|8. Flat Fee at Closing||$750||Fixed Fee companies charge an additional flat fee at closing which is not mentioned upfront.
Example: FlatFeeMLSRealty which charges a flat fee at closing ($350 + $400)
|9. Escrow Charges||$1K-$2K||Some Flat Rate companies charge for escrow at the time of closing.
Example: Vegas Flat Fee charges $995 compliance fees at closing
|10. Seller Disclosures||$100-$200||State-required seller disclosures are unavoidable. Few companies charge for this service as well.
Example: Yager Realty has seller disclosure feature only in their premium packages. Since seller disclosures are imperative to listing, you need to only go for their premium packages!
|11. Application Fees||$50-$100||Few companies charge non-refundable application fees.
Example: List with Freedom charges $50 as application fee.
Note: This table is a generic list of all the hidden charges that various Flat Fee MLS companies charge. It will vary depending on the company you choose.
While some of these services are mentioned in their a-la-carte services, if you still need a lot of support for selling your house, you might need to consider going with a realtor.
Missouri Housing Market Trends
Currently, Missouri Housing market is one of the most competitive and hot housing markets within the United States.
The year 2022 will be the sellers’ market completely. The market is hot and competitive in the state. The median home values in Missouri are $217,084 The percentage of properties for sale in Missouri is 88.6 which is huge.
Among all five MLS listing companies in Missouri, we have ranked Houzeo as the best because it fulfills all your requirements to make your home selling process smooth and hassle free.
As per this blog, you will have package options ranging from $99- $999 through different fixed fee MLS services. Every platform has its specialty. Now, it is up to you to decide what suits you the best, as per your requirements.
» Want to know more? Check out these stellar Houzeo reviews to learn why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Flat Fee MLS?
Flat-fee MLS refers to the practice in the real estate industry of a seller entering into an "à la carte service agreement" with a real estate broker who accepts a flat fee rather than a percentage of the sale price for the listing side of the transaction.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Missouri. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
What is the difference between Flat Fee MLS and Traditional Agent?
A traditional broker commission model is usually 6% on closing, which is going to cost more for you as home seller. A Flat Fee MLS on the other hand, asks you a flat fee instead.
Which is the best Flat Fee MLS in Missouri?
The best Flat Fee MLS in Missouri is:
2) Buyself Realty
3) MLS My Home
4) Flat Fee Realty
5) Flat Fee Group
How much do Flat Fee services cost in Missouri?
Flat Fee services in Missouri could cost you around $99-$999.
Related Keywords: flat fee MLS Missouri, missouri MLS, mls listings Missouri, southern missouri regional MLS, maryville missouri mls real estate, mls Missouri, southern missouri MLS,maris mls Missouri, missouri mls real estate, missouri mls team, mls search Missouri, southwest missouri mls, benefits of for sale by owner, homes for sale by owner websites