If you are selling your home in New York, the service of a Flat Fee MLS company is your best choice for maximum saving and exposure.
A New York Realtor will charge you a 5%- 6% commission fee at closing. Say, your home costs around $500,000. A cool $25,000 will end up in the agent’s pocket. Whether selling a federal-style home in Brooklyn Heights or a single-family home in New York City, you can save on hefty agent commissions with Flat Fee Listing companies in the Empire State.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
As the seller, you must pay both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent commission. This is a whopping 6% of your home sale price. With Flat Fee services even a first-time seller can list their home within 48 hours, save on agent fees, and complete the listing online!
Rankings: 7 Flat Fee MLS New York Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. FLat Fee Realty||$195||0.1%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. List With Freedom||$149-$295||0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. Net Realty Now||$299-$1299||1%-2%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|6. I Sold My House||$299-$399||$450||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|7. Flat Fee Group||$99-$1,499||1%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS New York Listing Services
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
📌 Houzeo New York: In New York Houzeo’s Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% at closing. The Bronze package is $299 for all home sellers in the Empire State!
2. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- Common Features: A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Additional Costs: Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
3. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom gives you a choice of 3 Flat Fee plans.
- Gold Package – $149: This basic plan offers a 6-month listing term with 6 photos. For an extra price, you may add an online showing service, an open house, and a virtual tour
- Platinum Package – $195: This is simply the basic plan rebranded with 25 photos instead of 6 on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus – $295: In this plan, you get all the upgrades from the basic plan plus the basic listing service.
👑 The Queen’s Take: List With Freedom’s packages are affordable. However, additional services like showings and open houses come with extra charges. Often, these services cost much less.
👉 Pros and Cons of List With Freedom: Check out the pros and cons of List With Freedom.
Listwithfreedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee platforms in the USA!
- Quick Listing: Listwithfreedom makes sense for experienced home sellers on a tight budget. The listing is completely done online. Your listing will be live within 24-48 hours!
- Unlimited Listing Changes: Unlimited changes allow you to create the best possible listing to attract potential buyers.
Listwithfreedom has certain drawbacks that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Fees: The word ‘deceptive’ has come up a few times in Listwithfreedom customer reviews. The pricing page does not mention the 0.1% – 0.25% commission cost upfront.
- Not for First-time Sellers: Listwithfreedom does not offer much assistance when actually required. New home sellers can find it difficult without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
Hauseit offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages with different prices in all the states.
- Base Package: This option includes a zero-dollar 12-month listing with the maximum number of photos on the MLS.
- Core Package: The package includes a bespoke 2D floor plan, a 3D virtual tour, and all the services from the Basic package plus ten professional images.
- Professional Package: The professional package includes price guidance, 30 minutes of expert phone support for listing, and 15 photos with 1 virtual staging image.
Hauseit is one of the top Flat Fee MLS providers in the states where it offers its services.
- Unlimited Changes: Hausit offers a 12-month listing period with free changes and cancellations.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: You receive buyer leads and inquiries giving you complete control over the sale.
- Home Valuation: A 30-minute telephone consultation is provided for evaluating your home’s value, including a comparative market analysis.
During our research, we discovered a few red flags with Hauseit.
- Limited Services: Although Hauseit offers free listing in their Basic plan, neither their Base nor Core packages include phone or email assistance.
- Additional Fees: In addition to the cost of a 3D virtual tour, additional services such as expert real estate photography, virtual staging, and phone support add to the final cost.
The prices for Hauseit’s packages vary. Choose the $1,499 Professional Package if money is not a concern. The package offers CMA cost analysis and phone help.
5. Net Realty Now
Net Realty Now provides 2 Flat Fee MLS packages and a Full Service listing package in the states they serve.
- Flat Fee MLS Package – $299: Includes a 6-month listing term with 36 photos, virtual tours, and unlimited changes.
- Full-Service Flat Fee MLS Package – $1,299: Includes listing on 83 national and local websites. There are no hidden fees at closing, and all charges are upfront.
- Full-Service Seller Representation – 1% – 2%: Commissions range from 3% to 4.5%. You will appear on over 85 real estate websites and social media sites.
NetRealtyNow.com offers Flat Fee MLS services in four states directly.
- Good Customer Reviews: Tom and the Net Realty Now team always go the extra mile to maintain integrity with their clients.
- Unlimited Changes: Free changes are allowed to your listing.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: Leads are sent directly to homeowners to limit broker participation.
- Online Paperwork: From listing to closing, all paperwork occurs electronically.
- Comparable Sales Report: You can also get a CMA report to help you price your property competitively.
👉 Thomas Hennerty: For more information, visit the Houzeo vendor page!
The only drawback we identified with Net Realty Now is its limited coverage. Only four states prominently use it. Thomas has earned the trust of both his clientele and the broker industry.
We recommend the Flat Fee MLS Package priced at $299. The package includes all the services a homeowner looks for!
6. I Sold My House
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
7. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service New York Near Me
There are over 500 regional Multiple Listing Sites in the USA. Here are a few in the Empire State for FSBO home sellers.
- Flat Fee MLS Syracuse: Syracuse, New York Flat Fee MLS listing provide maximum exposure to your home & have the local market expertise. The fixed fee MLS rate in Syracuse ranges between $99 to $999.
- Flat Fee MLS Rochester: Rochester is a popular city for real estate investors. The Flower City continues to have great selling potential, even in the current slow market. For a successful real estate transaction, choose your Realtor or Flat Fee service with care.
- Flat Fee MLS Long Island: Long Island is known for its beaches, bagels, and Billy Joel. The average listing price for Long Island homes in Feb 2023 was a cool $950K.
Be careful, local NY Flat Fee MLS services have high hidden costs and sub-par technology! This can ruin your experience if you are a new FSBO seller.
How to List Without a Realtor in New York?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do New York MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $295 to $1,200 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in NY.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM Sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
NY Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: New York has the 8 to 10% highest closing costs in the USA. In New York, the seller is responsible for both the seller’s agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Other closing costs in New York are divided between both parties after negotiation.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in New York include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $150 – $500 per hour
- Escrow Fee: Spilt between buyer and seller
- Home Inspection Fee: $275 – $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6% Listing Agent Fee + 2%-3% Buyer’s Agent Fee
Seller’s Disclosure: A New York home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in New York includes some of the following:-
- Lead Paint Disclosure
- General Housing Defect Disclosures
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo New York Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To New York Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most New York home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in New York: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in New York pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad, buy hundreds of homes in New York City and other New York markets. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in New York.
- Realtors in New York: New York Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, if you are new to the real estate market it is likely you will need the guidance of a licensed real estate agent.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. As the seller, you must pay the listing agent and the buyer agent’s commission. A Flat Fee listing agent will help you save thousands in seller commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in New York. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to use flat fee MLS?
In New York, the listing cost depends upon the platform you choose to list your property on MLS. It costs you between $99 to $1299, depending upon the plan you decide to go with.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
What is a flat fee deal?
It is a deal where the best platforms like Houzeo charge you a fixed price and give you multiple features in its exchange. The flat fee MLS services in New York do not charge on a commission basis.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related Keywords: flat fee mls new york, new york flat fee mls listing services, flat fee mls listing services, flat fee group, best mls listing service, real estate deals nyc, nyc property listings, new york city mls listings, real estate deals nyc, new york city real estate for sale listings