The New York real estate market has been seeing an upward trend over the past few years. The growth price of homes has increased by 4% as compared to the previous year. If you are looking for Flat Fee MLS listing services In New York, this detailed guide will help you save thousands of dollars.
» In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Rankings: 5 Flat Fee MLS New York Listing Services
- How much does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost in New York?
- Reviews: 5 Flat Fee MLS New York Listing Services
- Hidden Fees
- Final Note
- Frequently Asked Questions
Rankings: 5 Flat Fee MLS New York Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. FLat Fee Realty||$195||0.1%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. I Sold My House||$299-$399||$450||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
» Queen Advises: What is Flat Fee MLS?
How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
There are 2 types of costs related to a Fixed Fee MLS listing:
- Initial Flat Fee: You’ll have to pay an upfront fee to list your home on MLS. Usually, the initial fee ranges between $300 and $500.
- Closing cost: Once a home seller strikes a deal and closes it, they have to pay a part of their equity on home inspection fee, title and home insurance fees, seller and buyer agent commissions, and home warranty as a closing cost of their property.
» Pro Tip: To know the most accurate closing cost estimate of your state or city, check out Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator.
Reviews: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS New York Listing Services
Houzeo provisions home sellers to list their homes on the MLS at a discounted rate. With Houzeo, you can save almost half of the overall realtor commission.
👉 Packages: As a seller opting for Houzeo, you have flexibility in choosing different packages.
➡️ Customization: Contract review, pricing assistance, and professional photography are some of the key features that you get as part of the Houzeo plans.
📱 Technology: Houzeo’s customer dashboard is an advanced feature where you will get access to multiple services. You can view and compare offers, counter offer, schedule showings, and much more.
Houzeo is also one of the most popular MLS Listing services in New York.
👑Queen’s Take: Start with Your Free Listing
- Wide coverage in the U.S
- Great savings
- Listing on MLS and other real estate websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, and more
- Amazing listing speed (within two days)
- Fully automated
- Great mobile app
- Multiple services to choose from
Houzeo has a 4.9/5 rating (1,910 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google and Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Review: Is $349 worth it?
Houzeo is present in 80+ Markets in the US.
2. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty has affordable plans for Flat Fee MLS Listing services in New York.
👉 Packages: Their $179 package for MLS New York Flat Fee Listing service includes 6 photos and a listing term of 6 months.
✄ Customization: Additional photo upload will cost you $50 and they do not offer a la carte options.
📢Exposure: Your property gets listed in platforms like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin and other MLS local websites.
📝 Note: You sell your home ONLY with the services they provide, not with which you want. Further, their listing broker will retain 0.1% to 0.25% of the buyer’s broker commission for reasons not explicitly disclosed on their website.
👑 Queen’s Counsel: How to List On MLS For Sale By Owner (2022 Updates)
- Cheap options are available for Flat Fee MLS New York
- Your listing comes with state-wise seller disclosures that will eliminate last-minute surprises
- Their package includes ONLY 6 photos
- Available in select areas of New York
- Flat Fee Realty offers no assistance for pricing in their FSBO MLS listing New York package
- No built-in home evaluation feature. Some companies like Houzeo offer them for free of cost
No credible reviews were found about this flat fee MLS listing New York service!
Covers only some areas in New York state.
👉 Packages: Realmart offers comprehensive flat fee MLS New York MLS packages from $295 to $695, plus optional services on a la carte basis.
📢 Exposure: Your property gets listed on popular websites like Zillow, Redfin, Trulia within 24-48 hours.
✄ Customization: A la carte options like professional photography, digital lockboxes, comparative analysis reports, and web traffic report are available. If you wish to turn to full service instead of FSBO, you get to switch for a full-service agent any time.
👑 Queen’s Counsel: 12 Best For Sale By Owner Websites.
- Several à la carte services to choose from with NY MLS plan
- Money back guarantee if you switch to a full-service agent
- Expensive packages
- NYC MLS listing is not 100% online
Realmart has a 4.5 out of 5 rating (195 total reviews) on popular review site Trustpilot.
Available in all major MLS listings in New York.
Hauseit offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages. Depending on the state, the cost varies.
- Base Package: This option includes a zero-dollar 12-month listing with the maximum number of photos on the MLS.
- Core Package: The package includes a bespoke 2D floor plan, a 3D virtual tour, and all the services from the Basic package plus ten professional images.
- Professional Package: The professional package includes price guidance, 30 minutes of expert phone support for listing, and 15 photos with 1 virtual staging image.
👉 If you want to upgrade your listing, you have to pay additional fees.
Hauseit is one of the top flat fee MLS options in states where it offers direct services.
- Unlimited Changes: Hausit offers a 12-month listing period with free changes and cancellations.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: You receive buyer leads and inquiries giving you complete control over the sale.
- Home Valuation: A 30-minute telephone consultation is provided for evaluating your home’s value, including a comparative market analysis.
During our research, we discovered a few red flags with Hauseit.
- Limited Services: Although Hauseit offers free listing in their Basic plan, neither their Base nor Core packages include phone or email assistance.
- Additional Fees: In addition to the cost of a 3D virtual tour, additional services such as expert real estate photography, virtual staging, and phone support add to the final cost.
👑 The prices for Hauseit’s packages vary. Choose the $1,499 Professional Package if money is not a concern. The package offers CMA cost analysis and phone help.
5. I Sold My House
I Sold My House is a Flat Fee MLS listing Service in New York that can help you save thousands of dollars.
👉 Packages: Their packages range from $299 and goes up to $399 and includes maximum photo uploads.
✄ Customization: They do not offer a la carte options. Sellers can list their homes on the website’s homepage and sidebar for an additional fee of $50/month.
👑 Queen’s Counsel: Selling a House in New York State
- You save money on listing commission
- Buyer leads are directly forwarded to the seller
- No additional fees for scheduling an open house
- Multiple complaints about customer service
- No customizations available
- No à la carte services offered
- Limited marketing for your listings
No average ratings were found on credible websites.
Available in all major MLS listings in New York.
Hidden Fees in Flat Fee MLS Listing Companies
Some Flat Fee MLS companies are not upfront about their fees. These hidden costs could go up to thousands of dollars and have a significant impact on your savings. They might say that they take a flat fee but might charge you a percentage of commission at the time of closing.
We have compiled a list of the average hidden fees that may be charged by some Flat Fee MLS listing services.
|Types of Hidden Fees||Cost||Description|
|1. Cancellation Fees||$50-$200||If you need to cancel your listing, you need to pay cancellation charges. However, some companies do allow free cancellation, if you cancel before your listing goes live. |
Example: Flat Fee Group charges $25 for cancellation.
|2. Listing Changes Charge||$25-$50||If you need to make any changes to your listing, companies charge extra for that.
Example: Flat Fee Multiple Listing Access charges $10 for listing updates.
|3. Expensive Listing Upgrades||$50-$100||If you need to add more photos to your listing, post an open house or avail a showing management tool, you will be charged extra for these upgrades by some Flat Fee MLS service providers.
Example: Congress Realty charges $50 for listing extension; whereas List With Freedom charges $25 for Open House postings and $59 for Showing Scheduler.
|4. Additional Upgrades||$50-$200||Any service that is not part of the package you sign up for. These are additional services that you need to pay for separately, i.e, Photography, Market Research, Contract Review, etc.
Example: Flat Fee Group which offers pro photography at $290.
|5. Expensive Yard Signs||$100-$150+ $120 (deposit)||Expensive charge for yard signs, even though these yard signs are given on a rental basis.
Example: Homecoin charges $99 for a rental yard sign.
|6. Lockbox Charges||$100-$200||Lockboxes are given on rental for a small charge. However, some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a huge sum as lockbox rental fees.
Example: Homecoin charges $125 for lockbox even though it is on a rental basis.
|7. Commission at Closing||0.1-0.5%||Some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a commission at the time of closing, as a hidden seller agent fee. This fee is often undisclosed and charged to the seller once they close a deal. Sometimes this fee is also masked as a compliance fee.
Example: Flat Fee Realty which charges 0.1%- 0.25% at closing in some states.
|8. Flat Fee at Closing||$750||Fixed Fee companies charge an additional flat fee at closing which is not mentioned upfront.
Example: FlatFeeMLSRealty which charges a flat fee at closing ($350 + $400)
|9. Escrow Charges||$1K-$2K||Some Flat Rate companies charge for escrow at the time of closing.
Example: Vegas Flat Fee charges $995 compliance fees at closing
|10. Seller Disclosures||$100-$200||State-required seller disclosures are unavoidable. Few companies charge for this service as well.
Example: Yager Realty has seller disclosure feature only in their premium packages. Since seller disclosures are imperative to listing, you need to only go for their premium packages!
|11. Application Fees||$50-$100||Few companies charge non-refundable application fees.
Example: List with Freedom charges $50 as application fee.
Note: This table is a generic list of all the hidden charges that various Flat Fee MLS companies charge. It will vary depending on the company you choose.
While some of these services are mentioned in their a-la-carte services, if you still need a lot of support for selling your house, you might need to consider going with a realtor.
Among all five flat fee MLS listing companies in New York. We have ranked Houzeo as the best because it fulfills all your requirements to make your home selling process smooth and hassle free.
As per this blog, you will have package options ranging from $179- $1499 through different fixed fee MLS services. Every platform has its specialty. Now, it is up to you to decide what suits you the best, as per your requirements!
» Want to learn more? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews to find out why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which are the top Flat Fee MLS listing companies in New York?
The top five Flat Fee MLS listing companies in New York are
2. Flat Fee Realty
5. I Sold my House
How much does it cost to use flat fee MLS?
In New York, the listing cost depends upon the platform you choose to list your property on MLS. It costs you between $99 to $1299, depending upon the plan you decide to go with.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
What is a flat fee deal?
It is a deal where the best platforms like Houzeo charge you a fixed price and give you multiple features in its exchange. The flat fee MLS services in New York do not charge on a commission basis.
Related Keywords: flat fee mls new york, new york flat fee mls listing services, flat fee mls listing services, flat fee group, best mls listing service, real estate deals nyc, nyc property listings, new york city mls listings, real estate deals nyc, new york city real estate for sale listings, free for sale by owner sites, best for sale by owner site