A Florida Realtor will charge you a 5%- 6% commission fee at closing. Say, your home costs around $500,000. A cool $25,000 will end up in the agent’s pocket. Whether selling a condo in Miami or a vacation home in Orlando, you can save on hefty agent commissions with Flat Fee Listing companies in the Sunshine State.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
As the seller, you must pay both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent commission. This is a whopping 6% of your home sale price. With Flat Fee services even a first-time seller can list their home within 48 hours, save on agent fees, and complete the listing online!
Rankings: 7 Florida Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Costs||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Doug Addeo||$177-$895||None||⛔||✅||✅||⛔||⛔|
|4. List With Freedom||$149-$295||0.1%- 0.25%||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|6. Flat Fee MLS Realty||$129-$549||$400+$350||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: Top 7 Florida Flat Fee Companies
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS Listing plans.
- Bronze: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with maximum photos on the MLS.
- Silver: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Gold: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Is Houzeo Legit? Find out before investing!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo pros and cons!
- No Listing Commission: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo offers up-to-the-minute technology to give you a smooth ride from list to close. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience!
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find Out what sellers said about Houzeo!
We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan priced for an easy and quick listing. The full-service Platinum plan is a great option for first-time FSBO sellers who need expert guidance.
👉 Is Houzeo Good? Find out here!
📌 Houzeo Florida: In Florida, Houzeo’s Bronze package costs $299, the Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379+0.5%. The full-service Platinum package costs $349+1% at closing. !
2. Doug Addeo
Doug Addeo offers 4 Flat Fee Listing plans with expert broker advice.
- Basic Package – $177: This plan allows for 6 listing photos for a 6-month term. You also get printable flyers, phone and email support, and all the required forms.
- Basic Plus – $277: This is essentially the basic plan with the added benefit of a personalized yard sign.
- Premium Package – $477: In this plan, you get all the basic services plus market analysis, contract review and advice, and a combo lockbox.
- Full-Service Package – $895: In this plan, you get support and guidance from an experienced broker at all stages!
Doug Addeo has 28 years of real estate experience which makes him a great choice for new FSBO sellers!
- Value for Money Plans: The price range and services offered by Doug Addeo are great for budget-conscious FSBO sellers.
- Expert Broker Assistance: Doug is popular among his clients for his sound advice and work ethic. If you opt for the full-service plan you will get Doug’s support from close-to-list.
👉 Doug Addeo Reviews: Read before investing!
The one shortcoming of Doug Addeo is that it only covers the Sunshine State. Home Sellers outside Florida can opt for Houzeo instead!
We recommend the Full-Service package priced at $895. You get the support required without paying the hefty agent commission!
Beycome offers 3 FSBO packages. Prices may vary state-wise.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic listing service for experienced sellers. You get services like a local MLS listing, unlimited updates, an open house scheduler, etc.
- Enhanced Package – $399: This plan includes everything from the basic package plus added features like professional photography, promotional items, yard sign, etc.
- Concierge Service – $599+ 1%: This plan is essentially a full-service virtual package. Services include full negotiation and paperwork support and full marketing support.
Beycome is a decent choice for the few states it covers.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: All 3 Beycome plans give you free unlimited listing changes and updates.
- Great Exposure: Beycome will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Coldwell Banker.
- Assistance and Support: Beycome provides full support during the negotiation phase in their most expensive plan. You can also connect with customer care in English and Spanish.
👉 Beycome Reviews: 456 customers rated Beycome 4.5 stars on Google!
Beycome has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Expensive Add-Ons: A $99 listing is almost always too good to be true. Many costs add up during the closing stage which can completely derail a successful sale.
- Spam: Beycome is known to spam customers to upsell their Title service.
- Limited Coverage: Beycome is not a nationwide platform. Currently, Beycome is available only in 10 states.
👉 Is Beycome a Good Choice in 2023? Read a detailed analysis of Beycome before making your final choice.
We recommend Beycome’s Enhanced Package priced for budget-conscious sellers. However, the price of this package varies state wise.
4. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom gives you a choice of three Flat Fee plans.
- Gold Package- $149: This is the basic plan with 6 photos and a 6-month listing term. You have the option to add an online showing service, open house, and virtual tour for additional fees.
- Platinum Package- $195: This is simply the basic package rebranded with 25 photos instead of 6 photos on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus- $295: In this plan, you get all the upgrades from the basic plan plus the basic listing service.
🚩 Watch Out: Listwithfreedom may seem like an affordable option but will charge you anywhere between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing!
Listwithfreedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee platforms in the USA!
- Quick Listing: Listwithfreedom makes sense for experienced home sellers on a tight budget. The listing is completely done online. Your listing will be live within 24-48 hours!
- Unlimited Listing Changes: Unlimited changes allow you to create the best possible listing that will attract potential buyers.
👉 Customer Reviews: The platform has a 4.3-star rating on Trustpilot out of 1,721 reviews in total. However, not all customers were happy with their experience!
Listwithfreedom has certain red flags that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Fees: The word ‘deceptive’ has come up a few times in Listwithfreedom customer reviews. The 0.1% – 0.25% commission cost is not mentioned upfront on the pricing page!
- Not for First-time Sellers: Listwithfreedom does not offer much assistance when actually required. New home sellers can easily feel lost without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
👉 Should you List with Listwithfreedom? Read a detailed analysis before making your final choice.
We do not recommend ListWithFreedom for first-time FSBO sellers. However, experienced home sellers can go for the Platinum+ plan priced at $295 for a quick listing without broker assistance.
Homecoin offers a single Flat Fee plan which requires many upgrades!
- Flat Fee MLS Listing – $95: This is a barebones MLS listing service with a 12-month listing term. Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Listing Changes: $5 per change
- Lockbox: $125
- Photography: $100+
- Sign Post: $99
- Real estate forms help: Varies
🚩 Watch Out: Your listing will be fulfilled by a local broker. So make sure to read the listing agreement carefully to ensure there are no additional fees or surprises!
Homecoin can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Simple Listing Option: Experienced home sellers who don’t require any broker assistance can opt for Homecoin’s $95 listing plan.
- Online Paperwork: You can complete all the required paperwork online for a quick listing.
👉 Homecoin Reviews: Homecoin has a 4.6-star rating from 51 total Google reviews.
Homecoin has several shortcomings!
- Expensive Add-Ons: The $95 plan may seem like a steal deal but in reality, it is a honeytrap. Once you opt for the cheap plan you will quickly realize that it is only a minimal listing option. For everything else, you must pay extra!
- Missing Features: Several key features like showing service, contract reviews, inspections, etc are not available in many cities that Homecoin covers. If they are available you must shell out $400 – $3,000 for the services.
- Subpar Tech: Although Homecoin claims to be 100% online the tech is pretty basic. The dashboard is clunky and does not auto-populate your listing data.
👉 Homecoin Reviews: Read the detailed review before investing.
We do not recommend Homecoin. Most FSBO sellers will need additional assistance. With Homecoin you will end up spending way more than anticipated, especially if you need extra support.
6. Flat Fee MLS Realty
Flat Fee MLS Realty offers 3 Flat Fee plans for FSBO sellers.
- Silver- $129: In this plan, you get an unlimited listing term, unlimited listing changes, plus 25 photos on the MLS.
- Gold- $249: You get everything from the Silver plan plus 50 photos on the MLS and CMA reports. You can also expedite your listing to make it live within 24 hours.
- Platinum- $549: You get everything from the Gold plan plus professional photography with drone shots and a lockbox.
🚩 Watch Out: Flat Fee MLS Realty will deduct $400 from the buyer’s agent commission at closing which is not disclosed upfront. They also charge $350 as a coordination fee!
Flat Fee MLS Realty has a few positive aspects for FSBO sellers.
- Industry Veteran: Stephen Hachey, the lead broker at Flat Fee MLS Realty has over 20 years of experience. He also runs a real estate law firm. The firm deals in foreclosure defense, short sales, loan modification, and tenant evictions.
- Unlimited Listing Updates: In all three plans you get unlimited listing updates and changes. This helps to draft the best possible listing for your property.
Flat Fee MLS Realty has certain red flags which should not be ignored.
- Hidden Costs: Flat Fee MLS Realty will deduct $400 from the buyer’s agent commission. They also charge $350 as a coordination fee at closing. These costs are not mentioned upfront on the pricing page!
- Limited Property Type: The company only deals in single-family homes, townhomes, and condos.
- Limited Assistance: You must conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. This can be counterproductive for first-time FSBO sellers!
- Limited Coverage: They do not have coverage throughout the state, so double-check if they provide flat fee listing services in your location.
👉 Flat Fee MLS Realty Reviews: Read a detailed review before investing.
We do not recommend Flat Fee MLS Realty for first-time home sellers. You have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. Moreover, the hidden costs that show up at closing can be a big turn-off for most FSBO sellers.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You do not get MLS listing in this plan.
- MLS Package – $399: The package includes an MLS listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some red flags with FSBO.com.
- Not 100% Online: The company shares your information with a local broker who lists your property. There is no online automation therefore you must complete all the paperwork manually.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to enhance your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Fees for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Costly Customization: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat Fee MLS service providers.
We recommend the $399 MLS package. The package offers maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Moreover, your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more.
However, you should be aware that a la carte fees might go to a maximum of $335! For example, you will have to pay an extra fee of $75 and $150 if you want to use the CSS showing service and e-lockbox rental.
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Florida Near Me
There are over 500 small and regional Multiple Listing Sites in the USA. Here are a few in the Sunshine State for FSBO home sellers.
- Flat Fee MLS Miami: Miami is a popular city for real estate investors. The Magic City continues to have great selling potential, even in the current slow market. For a successful real estate transaction, choose your Realtor or Flat Fee service with care.
- Flat Fee MLS Palm Beach: Palm Beach is known for its mansions, historic landmarks, and luxury resorts. The average listing price for Palm Beach homes in Feb 2023 was a cool $3.3M.
- Flat Fee MLS Tampa: Tampa home sellers saw a rise of 18% in home listing price v/s 11% for the rest of the nation. Home-buyers prefer Tampa for the great overall quality of life.
Be careful, Local FL Flat Fee MLS services have high hidden costs and sub-par technology! This can ruin your experience if you are a new FSBO seller.
How to List Without a Realtor in Florida?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do Florida MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $200-$800 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in FL.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM Sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
FL Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: Florida has the 8th highest closing costs in the USA. In Florida, the seller is responsible for both the seller’s agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Other closing costs in Florida are divided between both parties after negotiation.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in Florida include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $150-$400 per hour
- Escrow Fee: Spilt between buyer and seller
- Home Inspection Fee: $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6% Listing Agent Fee + 2%-3% Buyer’s Agent Fee
Seller’s Disclosure: A Florida home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in Florida includes some of the following:-
- Lead Paint Disclosure
- Home Owner’s Association Disclosure
- Florida Radon Gas Disclosure
- Property Tax Disclosure
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo Florida Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To Florida Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most Florida home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in Florida: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in Florida pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad, buy hundreds of homes in Miami and other Florida markets. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in Florida.
- Realtors in Florida: Florida Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, if you are new to the real estate market it is likely you will need the guidance of a licensed real estate agent.
- For Sale By Owner: You can opt to sell your property without the assistance of a broker. For Sale By Owner websites provide the needed tools for listing a home on the MLS by yourself.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. As the seller, you must pay the listing agent and the buyer agent’s commission. A Flat Fee listing agent will help you save thousands in seller commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in Florida. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida?
According to customer reviews, Houzeo is the best Flat Fee MLS in Florida. Houzeo offers affordable Flat Fee MLS Listings starting from $229. The company advertises nationwide coverage and cutting-edge technology.
Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Florida?
Yes. Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Florida. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
How long will it take for my MLS listing to go live?
The average time to list is 1-2 business days after you’ve completed all your tasks accurately. But for most MLS’ in Florida, your listing can be up in 4 to 8 business hours (Central Time).
How do I get MLS access in Florida?
Only a licensed real estate agent can access the MLS. But you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS company to skip the agent fees.
Do I still need to pay Buyer's Agent Commission?
Yes. If the buyer has an agent, you will still need to pay the buyer agent commission. You are expected to pay the buyer's agent a 2%-3% commission at closing.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related Keywords: flat fee mls florida reviews, best flat fee mls listing service florida, best flat fee mls Florida, flat fee mls listing service Florida, florida flat fee mls listing service, mls flat fee Florida