If you’re selling your house in Dallas, you need to list it on the MLS. The MLS is the most powerful tool to sell and buy homes in Dallas, TX.
Only real estate agents have access to the MLS. But as a home seller, you don’t have to pay thousands in listing commission to an agent to list and sell your home. There are 4 options how you can list on MLS:
- List Yourself via a FSBO Website (Most Recommended): Some of the best FSBO sites will let you list and sell your home yourself. And in doing so, you’ll save thousands in commission!
- List on a Flat Fee MLS Service: A Flat Fee MLS service will get you on the MLS for a flat fee, with no listing commission.
- List with a Discount Broker: Discount Brokers charge anywhere from 0.5% to 2% in commission. Here’s our ranking of America’s best discount real estate brokers.
- List with a Traditional Agent (Least Recommended): A traditional real estate agent will charge you a full 2.5% to 3% commission. Plus they can be old school, with manual and inefficient processes.
Home prices in Dallas are rising but are expected to reduce further as the year progresses. So, if you want to sell your house in Dallas, now is the time!
MLS is Key for Sellers 💯
- Most homes in the Dallas sell via the MLS. The MLS gives you unparalleled exposure to both buyer agents and buyers.
- Homes on MLS sold for 17% more than non-MLS listed homes, according to a Bright MLS study. MLS homes also sold faster.
- MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites giving your property critical exposure.
- There are 600+ MLS’ in the U.S. It is critical you list on your local MLS. This ensures your listing is viewable to your local buyer agents.
What is the MLS in Real Estate?
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is a database that enables real estate agents and brokers to list and view homes for sale. An MLS listing includes all the information about your property, such as its price, description, and photos.
The homes listed on MLS are syndicated to various online real estate websites. This amplifies the exposure your property gets.
Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. Consequently, only real estate agents can create MLS listings.
» List with Houzeo in Dallas: List on MLS by owner with Houzeo.com without a real estate agent license.
Benefits of Listing a Home on MLS
Listed below are some of the benefits of listing on the MLS in Dallas:
- Get Maximum Exposure: When you list on MLS, your listing gets syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and Realtor.com. This boosts your property’s visibility to potential buyers.
- Market to Buyer Agents: According to NAR, 86% of home buyers purchased their homes through a buyer agent last year. Listing on MLS is the most effective way to market your property to potential buyers.
- Incentivize the Buyer Agent: As mentioned above, buyer agents are involved in most real estate transactions. The MLS allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission.
- You Can Sell Faster: Homes listed on MLS are sold 17% faster than those that were not listed on MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS listing?
A flat fee MLS listing service will list your house on the Dallas MLS at a flat rate. Unlike hiring RE agents, you can skip paying a hefty sum as a commission with a flat fee MLS service.
There are two types of flat fee services:
- MLS Entry-Only Services: They only list your home on Dallas MLS for you. Some might also syndicate it to other websites like Zillow and Trulia.
- MLS Packages: They provide additional services, besides listing on the MLS, like photography, yard signs, and showings.
Rankings: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Services to List on MLS Yourself in Texas:
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||5-Star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Creekview Realty||$600-$1400||None||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Texas MLS Broker||$175-$399||None||✅||❌||❌|
|4. Congress Realty||$299-$499||0.5 % at closing||✅||❌||❌|
|5. Flat Fee By You||$45-$295||None||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Texas
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
2. Creekview Realty
Creekview Realty offers one expensive MLS listing package and one full-representation package.
- Basic Package – $600: It has a six-month listing duration. Additional services include realtor key box use, CSS scheduling service, yard sign, and all forms. The seller has the option of canceling at any time.
- Full-Representation Package – $1,400: All the services from the basic plan are included in the package. Also, sellers receive full-representation services, which cover contract discussions, aid with repairs, and other documentation.
If you are an inexperienced seller or anticipate a challenging sale, Creekview Realty can be a great choice. Here are a few of its benefits.
- Easy for First-Time Seller: Selling with them might be simple yet expensive if you are a beginner.
- Strong Customer Support: On Google Reviews, Creekview Realty has a stellar 4.8-star rating. This demonstrates that they offer their clients strong support.
- Full Coverage in Texas: The majority of Texas is covered by Creekview, which includes offices in Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston.
We discovered some major deal breakers with Creekview Realty during our study.
- Expensive Packages: Only two packages are available from Creekview Realty. Sellers can find a similar package for much less than the $600 package, so it’s hardly a terrific deal. You will also need to pay for other services like photos and a $100 deposit for a lockbox, so your total bill will most likely be more than $600. However, if you are willing to spend extra, Creekview Realty’s $1,400 full-service package may be a better option.
- Insufficient Information on their Website: The Creekview Realty website does not specify how many photos or updates you can make to your listing.
We recommend their $1,400 Full-Representation Package. The extra help comes at a cost, though.
3. Texas MLS Broker
Texas MLS Broker has 3 Flat Fee MLS packages for sellers.
- Standard Listing – $275: Includes a 3-month listing duration and 12 photos. Additional features include online broker support and syndication to over 90 websites.
- Premium Listing – $375: Includes a 6-month listing period and the maximum number of photos permitted by the MLS. Additionally, broker comparative market analyses and contract and state disclosures are available.
- Showcase Listing – $475: This package includes a 12-month listing period. Sellers also have the option to avoid the upfront payment and pay $975 at closing.
With Texas MLS Broker, you can sell your house quickly and profitably while managing the majority of the work yourself. Here are a few of its benefits.
- Broker Comparative Market Analysis in all Packages: The packages include CMAs, which help sellers set listing prices and buyers submit competitive bids.
- You can set the Buyer Agent Commission: You can set the commission for buyer agents. Both the Premium and Showcase Listing options offer the service.
According to our research, Texas MLS Broker has some major deal breakers.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Reviews of the Texas MLS Broker company claim that they have poor customer service. After putting the house on MLS, you cannot get nearly enough follow-ups.
- Limited Coverage in Texas: Texas MLS Broker does not serve the entire state of Texas. Only Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas-Fort Worth are served by them.
- No Broker Contract Available: Broker Contract Review is not included in the Texas MLS Broker’s standard listing.
We do not recommend their services as Texas MLS Broker has received unfavorable online reviews. Selling with them can be risky.
4. Congress Realty
Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service Package.
- Basic Package – $299: Includes a listing term of 6 months, 4 photos and state forms & disclosures, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: Includes the same services as the basic package with 10 free listing changes. In addition, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: Includes all services of the Plus Package with unlimited free listing changes, and open house postings.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This Package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: Jared Andrew English is one of the most capable brokers in the business. Whether you are buying or selling a home, Andrew provides excellent representation.
- Excellent Customer Service: Congress Realty’s Andrew and his team are among the fastest and most accessible brokers in the industry.
👉 Jared English Congress Realty: Jared English and Congress Realty have an “Excellent” of 4.9 stars out of 5 from 155 Houzeo home sellers. Check out his profile on Houzeo’s vendor page!
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. The broker community holds Jared Andrew English in high regard.
However, Congress Realty boasts several upgrades. These can pile up quickly at the time of closing!
We recommend the Premium Package as the best value for your money. You get unlimited changes with the Premium package. The cheaper plan requires you to purchase upgrades separately.
5. Flat Fee By You
FlatFeeByYou offers three packages to sellers.
- Basic Package – $45: This package includes 6 photographs and a 6-month listing period. Additional services include a comparative report and syndication to major real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, and others.
- Best Package – $95: Similar to their Basic Package, this package includes free broker consultation, unlimited price changes, and description updates.
- Premium Package – $295: Includes everything from their Best Package plus a professional photoshoot.
Flat Fee By You is a good choice because it offers good value. Here are a few of its benefits.
- Affordable Packages: Flat Fee By You offers a starting package for $45 per month. The premium package includes a home photo shoot with a professional photographer. The services appear to be inexpensive, yet there is a 0.5% hidden fee.
- State-Wide Coverage: Flat Fee By You covers the majority of Texas. They have locations in Dallas, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.
We discovered some significant deal-breakers with Flat Fee By You during our investigation.
- 0.5% Commission at Closing: Sellers are charged a 0.5% fee at closing by FlatFeeByYou. They set the buyer agent commission at 3%, with the remaining 0.5% going to themselves. Sellers should not be duped by their cheap packages because they contain hidden fees.
- Photography and Additional Charges: The $295 package is the only one that includes professional photos. Forms and disclosures have an extra fee, although the cost is not disclosed on their website.
- Only for Experienced Sellers: Only seasoned sellers should use Flat Fee By You’s entry-level plan. Choose one of the more expensive choices if you even somewhat need assistance.
We do not recommend FlatFeebyYou as you should not be deceived by their inexpensive packages because they contain hidden fees.
💡 Cheapest Ways to List on MLS: Paying 3% of the purchase price as real estate commission can become an unwelcomed expense if you are an experienced seller. We recommend opting for a Flat Fee MLS Package for listing For Sale By Owner on MLS.
How to List Your House on MLS in Dallas?
You can list your house on Dallas MLS using several methods, using a full service realtor or a Flat Fee MLS service. However, the steps to listing on the MLS are the same.
Here we can look through the basic steps of “how to list on the MLS”.
- Do Your Research: There are several ways to access the MLS, hiring a real estate agent is just one of them. You should know all your options before proceeding.
- Find What Suits You Best: Most companies offer a range of Flat Fee MLS listing packages, differing in features according to the seller’s experience, the listing term, and MLS coverage.
- Get Professional Photographs: 87% of buyers rely on photographs to make a decision. Accordingly, getting professionally clicked photos of your house can help you sell your house faster.
- Create a Listing: While creating a listing for your local MLS, go with a catchy headline, comprehensive description, and attractive photographs.
- Get listed on MLS: After finalizing these all prospects, forward the same to the listing agent and get your property listed on the MLS.
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in Dallas
The cost of listing on the Dallas MLS depends on the method you use. You can pick a full service agent or a flat fee MLS service.
A full service agent will require you to pay a seller agent commission of 2-3%. A flat fee MLS service will get you listed at a flat rate.
However, beware of hidden charges and fees at closing. Some sites may not be upfront about these costs.
Alternatives to Listing on MLS By Owner in Dallas
There are alternative ways to List on the MLS By Owner, and they are as follows.
- Going Completely FSBO: ‘For Sale By Owner’ refers to selling real estate without the assistance of a real estate agent or broker. Many For Sale By Owner MLS listing services like Houzeo, Zillow, Craigslist, and ForSaleByOwner.com offer free listings on their respective websites.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: A discount real estate broker offers all the services that a traditional real estate agent does for a fraction of the cost. They typically sell your house for a 1% commission compared to the 2.5% to 3% charged by a traditional real estate agent charges.
» Creative Ways to Market an FSBO House: Find out 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale By Owner Homes.
How to List on MLS via Houzeo.com in Dallas?
List your home on MLS via Houzeo.com in 4 simple steps!
- Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click on “Start Free Listing” at the top right corner.
- Add Information About the Property & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Houzeo offers 4 MLS listing packages. We recommend the GOLD package as it will give you access to all of Houzeo’s technologically advanced features, like listing management, scheduling showings, and offer and lead management.
- Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs will be automatically assigned to you based on your listing agent, property type, and local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
If everything is in order, your listing will be live on your local MLS within 24-48 hours!
Listing in the MLS in Dallas is a great way to boost the sale of your property. However, it can be expensive as access to MLS is restricted to real estate agents.
Even if you are new to selling, listing on MLS for sale by owner with a Flat Fee MLS broker like Houzeo can gain you profit.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions about Listing on MLS
1. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Dallas, TX?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US Department of Justice just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
2. Are Flat Fee Realtors good in Dallas, TX?
Some home sellers assume that since flat-fee realtors are working for lower fees they might not provide you with good services but there are thousands of home sellers who’ve already tried these flat-fee realtors and they have saved thousands of dollar with the best services!
3. Can I request to add open houses easily?
Our IntelliList Listing Management system makes requesting open houses to be added a breeze!
4. How much money can I actually save?
You can save up to 100% of the real estate commissions! With the Flat Fee MLS listing on Houzeo, you save the 3% listing agent commission. You’re obligated to pay the buyer’s agent the commission you offered if they’re represented by an agent, but if you procure a buyer with no agent involved, you can save even that!
» Houzeo Hidden Fees: Read further to know how much more you can save!
5. How to sell your house in 2023?
If you want to sell your home in 2023, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission.
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.
6. Do I need to sign a contract to list my home in Dallas, TX?
Yes, but these contracts for Flat Fee MLS listings are generally “entry-only”. That means they’re limited to the agent entering your listing into the MLS. And they can be canceled/terminated anytime with no penalty!
7. Can you list rentals on the MLS in Dallas, TX?
Yes, you can list rentals on the MLS. Listing rentals on the MLS can boost your visibility and give you a competitive edge. Accordingly, you can close the rental transaction faster.
Related: flat fee MLS in Dallas, Selling a home without a Dallas realtor, how to list on Dallas mls, MLS free listing, MLS how to list, how to create an MLS listing, put home on MLS, how to list a property on MLS in TX, how to add listing to MLS, how to post on MLS, can anyone list on Dallas MLS, list house on MLS, sell home MLS, list house on TX MLS, how to get your home on MLS, listing home on MLS, how to get your home in the MLS, What is MLS?,selling a house without a Realtor, fsbo TX MLS listing, how to get a Dallas mls listing without a realtor.