If you’re selling your house in Florida, you need to list it on the MLS. The MLS is the most powerful tool to sell and buy homes in Florida.
Only real estate agents have access to the MLS. But as a home seller, you don’t have to pay thousands in listing commission to an agent to list and sell your home. There are 4 options how you can list on MLS:
- List Yourself via a FSBO Website (Most Recommended): Some of the best FSBO sites will let you list and sell your home yourself. And in doing so, you’ll save thousands in commission!
- List on a Flat Fee MLS Service: A Flat Fee MLS service will get you on the MLS for a flat fee, with no listing commission.
- List with a Discount Broker: Discount Brokers charge anywhere from 0.5% to 2% in commission. Here’s our ranking of America’s best discount real estate brokers.
- List with a Traditional Agent (Least Recommended): A traditional real estate agent will charge you a full 2.5% to 3% commission. Plus they can be old school, with manual and inefficient processes.
Home prices in Florida are rising but are expected to reduce further as the year progresses. So, if you want to sell your house in Florida, now is the time!
MLS is Key for Sellers 💯
- Most homes in the Florida sell via the MLS. The MLS gives you unparalleled exposure to both buyer agents and buyers.
- Homes on MLS sold for 17% more than non-MLS listed homes, according to a Bright MLS study. MLS homes also sold faster.
- MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites giving your property critical exposure.
- There are 600+ MLS’ in the U.S. It is critical you list on your local MLS. This ensures your listing is viewable to your local buyer agents.
What is the MLS in Real Estate?
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is a database that enables real estate agents and brokers to list and view homes for sale. An MLS listing includes all the information about your property, such as its price, description, and photos.
The homes listed on MLS are syndicated to various online real estate websites. This amplifies the exposure your property gets.
Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. Consequently, only real estate agents can create MLS listings.
» List with Houzeo in Florida: List on MLS by owner with Houzeo.com without a real estate agent license.
Benefits of Listing a Home on MLS
Listed below are some of the benefits of listing on the MLS in Florida:
- Get Maximum Exposure: When you list on MLS, your listing gets syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and Realtor.com. This boosts your property’s visibility to potential buyers.
- Market to Buyer Agents: According to NAR, 86% of home buyers purchased their homes through a buyer agent last year. Listing on MLS is the most effective way to market your property to potential buyers.
- Incentivize the Buyer Agent: As mentioned above, buyer agents are involved in most real estate transactions. The MLS allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission.
- You Can Sell Faster: Homes listed on MLS are sold 17% faster than those that were not listed on MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS listing?
A flat fee MLS listing service will list your house on the Florida MLS at a flat rate. Unlike hiring RE agents, you can skip paying a hefty sum as a commission with a flat fee MLS service.
There are two types of flat fee services:
- MLS Entry-Only Services: They only list your home on Florida MLS for you. Some might also syndicate it to other websites like Zillow and Trulia.
- MLS Packages: They provide additional services, besides listing on the MLS, like photography, yard signs, and showings.
Rankings: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Services to List on MLS Yourself in Florida:
|Flat Fee MLS Service
|2. Doug Addeo
|4. List With Freedom
|5. Flat Fee MLS Realty
Reviews: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida
Houzeo offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $379+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $399+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $379+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews: Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
» Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo.
2. Doug Addeo
Douglas Addeo is a top real estate broker in Florida. Doug's local expertise and market insights help home sellers get top-notch deals for their properties. With 28 years of real estate experience, Doug is an excellent choice for FSBO sellers.
Doug Addeo offers 4 Flat Fee listing plans in Florida.
- Basic Package – $195: This plan allows for 6 listing photos for a 6-month term. You get printable flyers, phone and email support, and all the required forms.
- Basic Plus – $295: This is essentially the basic plan with the added benefit of a personalized yard sign.
- Premium Package – $495: In this plan, you get all the basic services plus market analysis, contract review and advice, and a combo lockbox.
- Full-Service Package – $895: In this plan, you get support and guidance from an experienced broker at all stages.
» Doug Addeo: Find out what customers have said about Doug’s services.
Doug Addeo has 28 years of real estate experience making him an excellent choice for FSBO sellers!
- Affordable Plans: The price range and services offered by Doug Addeo are great for budget-conscious FSBO sellers.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and other real estate websites.
- Expert Broker Assistance: Doug is popular among his clients for his sound advice and work ethic. With the full-service plan, you will get Doug’s support from list-to-close.
Here are some drawbacks associated with Doug Addeo.
- Limited Tech: The listing process is manual. You must download, print, and fill out the forms before sending them along with the photos. This can delay your listing process.
- Limited Coverage: Doug’s services are available only in the state of Florida.
Beycome has a user-friendly interface and cost-saving potential. However, their customer reviews paint a mixed picture, with both positive and negative experiences.
Beycome offers 3 FSBO packages. Prices may vary state-wise.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic listing service for experienced sellers. You get services like a local MLS listing, unlimited updates, an open house scheduler, etc.
- Enhanced Package – $399: You get to upload 25 professional HDR pictures. This plan also includes customizable flyers and brochures, promotional items, personalized yard signs, etc.
- Concierge Service – $599+ 1%: This plan is essentially a virtual full-service package. Services include negotiation and paperwork assistance and full marketing support.
👑 The Queen’s Take: Beycome has a user-friendly interface and cost-saving potential. However, their customer reviews paint a mixed picture, with both positive and negative experiences.
👉 Beycome Pros and Cons: Beycome’s pros and cons unveiled!
Beycome is a decent choice for the few states it covers.
- Affordable Basic Package: Beycome offers all basic services and state-required forms for just $99. This is a decent option for experienced sellers who need just a simple listing service.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make any number of changes to your listing at no additional cost.
- Market Exposure: Beycome will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Coldwell Banker.
Beycome has a few drawbacks that you should be aware of.
- Expensive Add-Ons: A $99 listing is almost always too good to be true. Many costs add up during the closing stage which can completely derail a successful sale.
- Limited Tech: Beycome.com has a basic website. You have to manage leads, inspections, appraisals, etc offline.
- Upselling Title Service: Beycome is known to spam customers to upsell their Title service.
- Limited Coverage: Beycome does not offer nationwide coverage. Currently, Beycome is available only in 10 states.
4. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom offers affordable packages. However, additional services like showings and open houses come with extra charges. Often, these services cost much less.
ListWithFreedom gives you a choice of 3 Flat Fee plans.
- Gold Package – $149: This basic plan offers a 6-month listing term with 6 photos. For an extra price, you may add an online showing service, an open house, and a virtual tour
- Platinum Package – $195: This is simply the basic plan rebranded with 25 photos instead of 6 on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles. You get an online showing scheduler and maximum photo uploads. However, you must pay an additional 0.25% fee at closing.
👉 Pros and Cons of List With Freedom: Check out the pros and cons of List With Freedom.
ListWithFreedom offers the following benefits to home sellers.
- Refund Policy: You can request a refund if your home is not listed on the MLS within 14 days of placing your order.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and major brokerages like Keller Williams and RE/MAX.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make any changes to your listing without paying extra bucks.
ListWithFreedom has certain drawbacks that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Costs: ListWithFreedom charges 0.25% at closing in addition to the upfront flat fee payment.
- Not for First-time Sellers: ListWithFreedom does not offer much assistance when actually required. New home sellers can find it difficult without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
- Limited Tech: ListWithFreedom’s technology is sub-par. They lack several key features such as offers platform, mobile app etc.
5. Flat Fee MLS Realty
Flat Fee MLS Realty, owned by Stephen Hachey, lists your property on the MLS until sold. However, their services come with several additional costs. Also, the company only covers single-family homes, townhouses, and condos.
Flat Fee MLS Realty offers 3 Flat Fee plans for FSBO sellers.
- Silver- $129: In this plan, you get an unlimited listing term, unlimited listing changes, plus 25 photos on the MLS.
- Gold- $249: You get everything from the Silver plan plus 50 photos on the MLS and CMA reports. You can also expedite your listing to make it live within 24 hours.
- Platinum- $549: You get everything from the Gold plan plus professional photography with drone shots and a lockbox.
Flat Fee MLS Realty has a few positive aspects for FSBO sellers.
- Affordable Packages: Flat Fee MLS Realty offers affordable packages starting at $89. These packages can be a good option if you are on a tight budget.
- Industry Veteran: Stephen Hachey, the lead broker at Flat Fee MLS Realty has over 20 years of experience. He also runs a real estate law firm. The firm deals in foreclosure defense, short sales, loan modification, and tenant evictions.
- Unlimited Listing Updates: In all three plans you get unlimited listing updates and changes. This helps to draft the best possible listing for your property.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee MLS Realty: Check out the pros and cons of Flat Fee MLS Realty
Flat Fee MLS Realty has certain drawbacks that should not be ignored.
- Hidden Costs: Flat Fee MLS Realty deducts $400 from the buyer’s agent commission. They also charge $350 as a coordination fee at closing. These costs are not mentioned upfront.
- Limited Property Type: The company only deals in single-family homes, townhomes, and condos.
- Limited Assistance: You must conduct tours and communicate with buyers independently. This can be counterproductive for first-time FSBO sellers.
- Limited Coverage: They do not have coverage throughout the state, so double-check if they provide flat fee listing services in your location.
💡 Cheapest Ways to List on MLS: Paying 3% of the purchase price as real estate commission can become an unwelcomed expense if you are an experienced seller. We recommend opting for a Flat Fee MLS Package for listing For Sale By Owner on MLS.
How to List Your House on MLS in Florida?
You can list your house on Florida MLS using several methods, using a full service realtor or a Flat Fee MLS service. However, the steps to listing on the MLS are the same.
Here we can look through the basic steps of “how to list on the MLS”.
- Do Your Research: There are several ways to access the MLS, hiring a real estate agent is just one of them. You should know all your options before proceeding.
- Find What Suits You Best: Most companies offer a range of Flat Fee MLS listing packages, differing in features according to the seller’s experience, the listing term, and MLS coverage.
- Get Professional Photographs: 87% of buyers rely on photographs to make a decision. Accordingly, getting professionally clicked photos of your house can help you sell your house faster.
- Create a Listing: While creating a listing for your local MLS, go with a catchy headline, comprehensive description, and attractive photographs.
- Get listed on MLS: After finalizing these all prospects, forward the same to the listing agent and get your property listed on the MLS.
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in Florida
The cost of listing on the Florida MLS depends on the method you use. You can pick a full service agent or a flat fee MLS service.
A full service agent will require you to pay a seller agent commission of 2-3%. A flat fee MLS service will get you listed at a flat rate.
However, beware of hidden charges and fees at closing. Some sites may not be upfront about these costs.
Alternatives to Listing on MLS By Owner in Florida
There are alternative ways to List on the MLS By Owner, and they are as follows.
- Going Completely FSBO: ‘For Sale By Owner’ refers to selling real estate without the assistance of a real estate agent or broker. Many For Sale By Owner MLS listing services like Houzeo, Zillow, Craigslist, and ForSaleByOwner.com offer free listings on their respective websites.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: A discount real estate broker offers all the services that a traditional real estate agent does for a fraction of the cost. They typically sell your house for a 1% commission compared to the 2.5% to 3% charged by a traditional real estate agent charges.
» Creative Ways to Market an FSBO House: Find out 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale By Owner Homes.
How to List on MLS via Houzeo.com in Florida?
List your home on MLS via Houzeo.com in 4 simple steps!
- Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click on “Start Free Listing” at the top right corner.
- Add Information About the Property & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Houzeo offers 4 MLS listing packages. We recommend the GOLD package as it will give you access to all of Houzeo’s technologically advanced features, like listing management, scheduling showings, and offer and lead management.
- Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs will be automatically assigned to you based on your listing agent, property type, and local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
If everything is in order, your listing will be live on your local MLS within 24-48 hours!
Listing in the MLS in Florida is a great way to boost the sale of your property. However, it can be expensive as access to MLS is restricted to real estate agents.
Even if you are new to selling, listing on MLS for sale by owner with a Flat Fee MLS broker like Houzeo can gain you profit.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions about Listing on MLS
1. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Florida?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US Department of Justice just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
2. Are Flat Fee Realtors good in Florida?
Some home sellers assume that since flat-fee realtors are working for lower fees they might not provide you with good services but there are thousands of home sellers who’ve already tried these flat-fee realtors and they have saved thousands of dollar with the best services!
3. Can I request to add open houses easily?
Our IntelliList Listing Management system makes requesting open houses to be added a breeze!
4. How much money can I actually save?
You can save up to 100% of the real estate commissions! With the Flat Fee MLS listing on Houzeo, you save the 3% listing agent commission. You’re obligated to pay the buyer’s agent the commission you offered if they’re represented by an agent, but if you procure a buyer with no agent involved, you can save even that!
» Houzeo Hidden Fees: Read further to know how much more you can save!
5. How to sell your house in 2024?
If you want to sell your home in 2024, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission.
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.
6. Do I need to sign a contract to list my home in Florida?
Yes, but these contracts for Flat Fee MLS listings are generally “entry-only”. That means they’re limited to the agent entering your listing into the MLS. And they can be canceled/terminated anytime with no penalty!
7. Can you list rentals on the MLS in Florida?
Yes, you can list rentals on the MLS. Listing rentals on the MLS can boost your visibility and give you a competitive edge. Accordingly, you can close the rental transaction faster.
Related: flat fee MLS in Florida, Selling a home without a Florida realtor, how to list on Florida mls, MLS free listing, MLS how to list, how to create an MLS listing, put home on MLS, how to list a property on MLS in FL, how to add listing to MLS, how to post on MLS, can anyone list on Florida MLS, list house on MLS, sell home MLS, list house on FL MLS, how to get your home on MLS, listing home on MLS, how to get your home in the MLS, What is MLS?,selling a house without a Realtor, fsbo FL MLS listing, how to get a Florida mls listing without a realtor.