Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
Rankings: Top 7 Flat Fee MLS Maine Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Flat Fee Group||$299-$999||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. Landfall Properties||$499||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. BuySelf Realty||$399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. Flat Fee Realty||$199||0.1%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|6. I Sold My House||$299||$299-$399||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|7. List With Freedom||$149||0.1%-0.2%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: Flat Fee MLS Maine Companies
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package is priced at $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $995) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 0.1% (Minimum $995) at closing.
2. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
3. Landfall Properties
Landfall Properties has 2 Flat Fee Plans on offer.
- Level One Package – Free: This package includes a free listing of 60 days. You can upload up to 40 photos with unlimited listing changes. However, you must pay 2% – 2.5% as broker commission.
- Level Two Package – $499: With this plan, you get an unlimited listing term and a ‘for sale sign‘. It includes contract forms and addendums, escrow services, virtue al tours, and Realtor.com visitor statistics.
👉 Full-Service Plan: Landfall Properties offer’s a full-service plan ‘Level Three’ for 1%’ with broker Paul Marino.
Landfall Properties can be a decent option for MA home sellers.
- Free 60 days Listing: Landfall Properties offer a 60-day free listing plan for FSBO sellers. If your home sells within two months you must pay the buyer’s agent commission.
- Easy Upgrades: You can easily upgrade to the full-service package. Or cancel your listing anytime.
- No Limit Broker Consultation: All three packages include broker consultation via email/text message.
👉 Customer Reviews: Landfall Properties has a rating of 5.0 stars from 46 reviews on Zillow.
Landfall Properties have certain drawbacks to note.
- Agent Commission: The FREE package will cost you eventually. You must pay a broker commission of 2% – 2.5% depending upon the use of buyer services.
- Low on Tech: You do not get a sellers’ dashboard nor a free mobile app for easy listing management.
We recommend the Level two package priced at $499 for most FSBO sellers. Plus you can easily upgrade to the full-service Level three package with $499 carried forward as a credit.
4. BuySelf Realty
BuySelf Realty Flat Fee plan prices vary according to your state and county. We have listed the common services available in the plans.
- Economy Package: This is the basic plan that allows 10 photos on the MLS for 6 months. You also get listing paperwork and basic support from a licensed broker.
- Standard Package: This plan includes everything from the economy package plus 25 photos. You also get a lockbox, yard sign, purchase agreement, and standard agreement addenda.
🚩Additional Cost: You will be charged a minimum service fee of $895 at closing.
BuySelf Realty typically offers good services for first-time home sellers.
- Affordable Plans: Buyself Realty offers plans between $299-$599 which cover most of the basic services required for listing. You can also cancel the plan at any time for no extra charge.
- Free 15min Consultation: Before purchasing a plan you can opt for a free 15min consultation with BuySelf Realty. You can schedule the call according to your availability.
👉 Customer Reviews: BuySelf Realty has 4.9 out of 5 ratings from 245 reviews on Google.
There are a few drawbacks with BuySelf Realty to be noted.
- Outdated Website: The website is pretty clunky and offers no seller’s dashboard or free mobile app for easy listing management.
- Varying Plans and Prices: The plan and prices vary according to state/county. The company offers two plans Economy Package and Standard Package. A third plan, Total Package is available in a few areas.
We recommend the Standard package in any state/county as it covers all the key services at a reasonable price. However, if you need guidance through the process you will be better-off with Houzeo’s platinum plan.
5. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- Common Features: A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Additional Costs: Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
6. I Sold My House
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
7. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom gives you a choice of 3 Flat Fee plans.
- Gold Package – $149: This basic plan offers a 6-month listing term with 6 photos. For an extra price, you may add an online showing service, an open house, and a virtual tour
- Platinum Package – $195: This is simply the basic plan rebranded with 25 photos instead of 6 on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus – $295: In this plan, you get all the upgrades from the basic plan plus the basic listing service.
👑 The Queen’s Take: List With Freedom’s packages are affordable. However, additional services like showings and open houses come with extra charges. Often, these services cost much less.
👉 Pros and Cons of List With Freedom: Check out the pros and cons of List With Freedom.
Listwithfreedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee platforms in the USA!
- Quick Listing: Listwithfreedom makes sense for experienced home sellers on a tight budget. The listing is completely done online. Your listing will be live within 24-48 hours!
- Unlimited Listing Changes: Unlimited changes allow you to create the best possible listing to attract potential buyers.
Listwithfreedom has certain drawbacks that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Fees: The word ‘deceptive’ has come up a few times in Listwithfreedom customer reviews. The pricing page does not mention the 0.1% – 0.25% commission cost upfront.
- Not for First-time Sellers: Listwithfreedom does not offer much assistance when actually required. New home sellers can find it difficult without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
How to List Without a Realtor in Maine?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do Maine MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $200-$800 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in ME.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
ME Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: The closing costs in Maine are approximately 8%-10% of the total home value. This includes 6% agent fees. You can save on hefty agent costs by opting for a Flat Fee MLS listing company.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in Maine include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $200-$300 per hour
- Escrow Fees: $200-$500
- Home Inspection Fee: $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6%
Seller’s Disclosure: A Maine home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in Maine includes some of the following:-
- Federal Disclosure of Information on Lead-Based Paint and/or Lead-Based Paint Hazards
- Seller’s Property Disclosure Form
- Smoke Detector Certificate
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo Maine Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To Maine Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most Maine home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in Maine: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in Maine will pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad buy hundreds of homes in Portland and other Maine Cities. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in Maine.
- Realtors in Maine: Maine Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, you get assistance from the list to close.
- For Sale By Owner: You can opt to sell your home without any broker assistance. FSBO websites give you the required tools to help you list your property on the MLS.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. As the seller, you must pay the listing agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Flat Rate Realtors will help you save thousands in listing agent commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in Maine. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Top For Sale By Owner Sites In Maine?
Houzeo.com is Maine’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. It provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Is Maine good for real estate?
Despite its low population growth and labor shortage, Maine is attracting retiree home buyers and renters, as well as tourists every year. This makes it a pretty delicate place for real estate investments, although there certainly are decent cash flow and profit opportunities for investors.
Is it hard to buy a house in Maine?
The requirements in Maine are pretty standard when it comes to buying a house. Here are a few things you'll need. Good credit: If you're going to finance your purchase, you'll typically need a credit score of at least 580 for an FHA loan or 620 for a conventional loan.
How much does a house cost in Maine?
The current home value ranges in price from $16,500 to $2,500,000, where the median home values in the Maine housing market are $298,886.
Can you get mortgage for land in Maine?
Equity for your future. With our Land Only Mortgages, you can purchase land-only and build equity for future improvements or construction.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related: fsbo listing sites, where to list house for sale by owner, real estate websites