If you are selling your home in South Carolina, the service of a Flat Fee MLS company is your best choice for maximum saving and exposure.
A South Carolina Realtor will charge you a 5%- 6% commission fee at closing. Say, your home costs around $500,000. A cool $25,000 will end up in the agent’s pocket. Whether selling a Colonial and Southern-style home in Charleston or a family home in Greenville, you can save on hefty agent commissions with Flat Fee Listing companies in the Palmetto State.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
As the seller, you must pay both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent commission. This is a whopping 6% of your home sale price. With Flat Fee services even a first-time seller can list their home within 48 hours, save on agent fees, and complete the listing online!
Rankings: 7 South Carolina Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|3.Carolina Realty Solutions||$399-$549||4%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. List With Freedom||$149-$295||0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. Flat Fee Realty||$199||0.1%- 0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|6. I Sold My House||$299-$399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: South Carolina Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS Listing plans.
- Bronze: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with maximum photos on the MLS.
- Silver: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Gold: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Is Houzeo Legit? Find out before investing!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo pros and cons!
- No Listing Commission: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo offers up-to-the-minute technology to give you a smooth ride from list to close. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience!
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find Out what sellers said about Houzeo!
We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan priced for an easy and quick listing. The full-service Platinum plan is a great option for first-time FSBO sellers who need expert guidance.
👉 Is Houzeo Good? Find out here!
📌 Houzeo South Carolina: In South Carolina, Houzeo’s Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% at closing. The Bronze package is $299 for all home sellers in the Empire State!
Beycome offers 3 FSBO packages. Prices may vary state-wise.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic listing service for experienced sellers. You get services like a local MLS listing, unlimited updates, an open house scheduler, etc.
- Enhanced Package – $399: This plan includes everything from the basic package plus added features like professional photography, promotional items, yard sign, etc.
- Concierge Service – $599+ 1%: This plan is essentially a full-service virtual package. Services include full negotiation and paperwork support and full marketing support.
Beycome is a decent choice for the few states it covers.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: All 3 Beycome plans give you free unlimited listing changes and updates.
- Great Exposure: Beycome will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Coldwell Banker.
- Assistance and Support: Beycome provides full support during the negotiation phase in their most expensive plan. You can also connect with customer care in English and Spanish.
👉 Beycome Reviews: 456 customers rated Beycome 4.5 stars on Google!
Beycome has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Expensive Add-Ons: A $99 listing is almost always too good to be true. Many costs add up during the closing stage which can completely derail a successful sale.
- Spam: Beycome is known to spam customers to upsell their Title service.
- Limited Coverage: Beycome is not a nationwide platform. Currently, Beycome is available only in 10 states.
👉 Is Beycome a Good Choice in 2023? Read a detailed analysis of Beycome before making your final choice.
We recommend Beycome’s Enhanced Package priced for budget-conscious sellers. However, the price of this package varies state wise.
3. Carolina Realty Solutions
Carolina Realty Solutions provides one Flat fee MLS package and two full-service packages across North Carolina.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Program – $399: The package includes a listing term of 6 months which can be extended up to 2 years for free with 24 photos. It also includes a lockbox for realtor access, a yard sign, and showing management.
- $549 + 1% Full-Service Listing: The package offers 100% seller guidance from start to finish.
- 2% Full-Service Listing: No upfront fee. You have to pay 2% of your home sell price at the time of closing.
There are a few advantages of listing with Carolina Realty Solutions
- ShowingTime Services: With the ShowingTime app you can schedule house showings easily.
- Add-on Services Available: The package offers a yard sign and lockbox for the buyer’s agent.
- Listing Term Extension: You can extend the listing term for up to 2 years without any additional fee.
There are a few negatives of listing with Carolina Realty Solutions.
- High Commission Fee: You have to pay a 1% commission fee on closing even on the $549 package. And a 2% commission on closing if you opt for the Full-service Listing.
- No Connection with the Buyer: The website of Carolina Realty Solutions does not let you contact with buyers directly. This might cause misunderstandings between you and your prospective buyer!
- Limited Coverage: Carolina Realty does not cover the entire state of North Carolina. Your listing details are shared with local real estate brokers which delays your listing time.
Your property gets maximum exposure through Carolina Realty Solutions’ listing on the North Carolina MLS. They provide customized services at a decent price.
We recommend the $549 Full-Service Plan 1 by Carolina Realty Solutions. Their packages are best for local sellers looking for a customized real estate service. However, You should know that Carolina Realty is not available throughout Carolina.
4. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom gives you a choice of three Flat Fee plans.
- Gold Package- $149: This is the basic plan with 6 photos and a 6-month listing term. You have the option to add an online showing service, open house, and virtual tour for additional fees.
- Platinum Package- $195: This is simply the basic package rebranded with 25 photos instead of 6 photos on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus- $295: In this plan, you get all the upgrades from the basic plan plus the basic listing service.
🚩 Watch Out: Listwithfreedom may seem like an affordable option but will charge you anywhere between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing!
Listwithfreedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee platforms in the USA!
- Quick Listing: Listwithfreedom makes sense for experienced home sellers on a tight budget. The listing is completely done online. Your listing will be live within 24-48 hours!
- Unlimited Listing Changes: Unlimited changes allow you to create the best possible listing that will attract potential buyers.
👉 Customer Reviews: The platform has a 4.3-star rating on Trustpilot out of 1,721 reviews in total. However, not all customers were happy with their experience!
Listwithfreedom has certain red flags that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Fees: The word ‘deceptive’ has come up a few times in Listwithfreedom customer reviews. The 0.1% – 0.25% commission cost is not mentioned upfront on the pricing page!
- Not for First-time Sellers: Listwithfreedom does not offer much assistance when actually required. New home sellers can easily feel lost without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
👉 Should you List with Listwithfreedom? Read a detailed analysis before making your final choice.
We do not recommend ListWithFreedom for first-time FSBO sellers. However, experienced home sellers can go for the Platinum+ plan priced at $295 for a quick listing without broker assistance.
5. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- Common Features: A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Additional Costs: Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
6. I Sold My House
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You do not get MLS listing in this plan.
- MLS Package – $399: The package includes an MLS listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some red flags with FSBO.com.
- Not 100% Online: The company shares your information with a local broker who lists your property. There is no online automation therefore you must complete all the paperwork manually.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to enhance your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Fees for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Costly Customization: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat Fee MLS service providers.
We recommend the $399 MLS package. The package offers maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Moreover, your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more.
However, you should be aware that a la carte fees might go to a maximum of $335! For example, you will have to pay an extra fee of $75 and $150 if you want to use the CSS showing service and e-lockbox rental.
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service South Carolina Near Me
There are over 500 regional Multiple Listing Sites in the USA. Here are a few in the Palmetto State for FSBO home sellers.
- Flat Fee MLS Greenville: In Greenville, Flat Fee MLS Multiple Listing Services offer pocket-friendly rates, but hidden fees may apply.
- Flat Fee MLS Columbia: In Columbia, all Flat Fee MLS listing companies offer excellent exposure on the local MLS, and their fixed-rate services are customizable for a small additional fee.
- Flat Fee MLS Charleston: In Charleston, most Flat Fee MLS listing companies offer only basic services, and customizable packages are rare.
Be careful, local SC Flat Fee MLS services have high hidden costs and sub-par technology! This can ruin your experience if you are a new FSBO seller.
How to List Without a Realtor in South Carolina?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do South Carolina MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $99 to $1,200 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in SC.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM Sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
SC Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: In South Carolina, you have to pay up to 2%-5% closing costs. In South Carolina, the seller is responsible for both the seller’s agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Other closing costs in South Carolina are divided between both parties after negotiation.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in South Carolina include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $150 – $500 per hour
- Escrow Fee: Spilt between buyer and seller
- Home Inspection Fee: $275 – $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6% Listing Agent Fee + 2%-3% Buyer’s Agent Fee
Seller’s Disclosure: A South Carolina home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in South Carolina includes some of the following:-
- Lead Paint Disclosure
- General Housing Defect Disclosures
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo South Carolina Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To South Carolina Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most South Carolina home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in South Carolina: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in South Carolina pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad, buy hundreds of homes in Greenville and other South Carolina markets. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in South Carolina.
- Realtors in South Carolina: South Carolina Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, if you are new to the real estate market it is likely you will need the guidance of a licensed real estate agent.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. As the seller, you must pay the listing agent and the buyer agent’s commission. A Flat Fee listing agent will help you save thousands in seller commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in South Carolina. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Difference Between a Flat Fee MLS Service Company and a Traditional Agent?
A traditional broker commission model is usually 6% on closing which is going to cost more for you as home seller. A Flat Fee MLS South Carolina listing service on the other hand, asks you a flat fee instead.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US Department of Justice just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
How Much Does it Cost to use Flat Fee MLS?
In South Carolina, the listing cost depends upon the platform you choose to list your property on MLS. It costs you between $229 to $2295, depending upon the plan you decide to go with.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related keywords: south carolina mls, real estate companies in south carolina, mls south carolina, realtor in south carolina, mls listings sc, flat rate realtors, flat listing, MLS Listings SC, MLS listings South Carolina