The 2021 real estate market in Pennsylvania saw a sharp increase in the sale price of homes. This trend is likely to continue in 2022 as the growth price of homes is expected to be 4%. If you are looking for Flat Fee MLS listing services in Pennsylvania, this detailed guide will help you save thousands of dollars.
» In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Rankings: 5 Flat Fee MLS Pennsylvania Listing Services
- How much does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost in Pennsylvania?
- Reviews: 5 Flat Fee MLS Pennsylvania Listing Services
- Hidden Fees
- Final Note
- Frequently Asked Questions
Rankings: 5 Flat Fee MLS Pennsylvania Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Simple Choice Realty||$399-$749||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. Flat Fee Realty||$179||0.1%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. Flat Fee Group||$399-$899||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. I Sold My House||$399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
» Queen Advises: What is Flat Fee MLS?
How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
There are 2 types of costs related to a Fixed Fee MLS listing:
- Initial Flat Fee: You’ll have to pay an upfront fee to list your home on MLS. Usually, the initial fee ranges between $300 and $500.
- Closing Costs: Once a home seller strikes a deal and closes it, they have to pay a part of their equity on home inspection fee, title and home insurance fees, seller and buyer agent commissions, and home warranty as a closing cost of their property.
» Pro Tip: To know the most accurate closing cost estimate of your state or city, check out Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator.
Reviews: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Pennsylvania Listing Services
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS Listing plans.
- Bronze (FREE): Yes. It’s Free! Just pay a $49 fee for the Houzeo yard sign, take a selfie, and get refunded.
- Silver: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Gold: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Is Houzeo Legit? Find out before investing!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform!
- No Listing Commission: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo offers up-to-the-minute technology to give you a smooth ride from list to close. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience!
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find Out what sellers said about Houzeo!
👑 We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan priced for an easy and quick listing. The full-service Platinum plan is a great option for first-time FSBO sellers who need expert guidance.
👉 Is Houzeo Good? Find out here!
2. Simple Choice Realty
Simple Choice Realty offers only 1 Flat Fee MLS package.
MLS Package – $399: The package includes a listing period of 6 months with 25+ photos. It also has a yard sign and state disclosures. Your listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Zillow & Trulia, and more.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- 12-month listing: $99
- Upgraded Customized Sign: $125
- Combination Lockbox: $50
- Electronic Supra Lockboxes (in some areas): $100
- Realtor.com Weekly Report: $25
- Expedited Listing (same-day MLS listing): $50
Simple Choice Realty offers its services in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey.
- Great Exposure: The listing gets syndicated on popular websites like Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com, and more.
- Listing Changes for Extra Fee: You can make changes for free to your listing.
- State Disclosures: With Simple Choice Realty you get all the vital listing disclosures.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All the buyer leads are directly forwarded to you.
- Open House Ads: You get to add 2 open house ads on the MLS for free.
There are no deal breakers with Simple Choice Realty. Chris Carr has a solid reputation within the broker community.
You should know that add-on services can increase your overall spending. If you’re choosing their MLS package we suggest you budget for these.
»Simple Choice Realty: Check Simple Choice Realty Zillow’s reviews by customers.
👑 Simple Choice offers a single flat fee MLS package that covers all the basic requirements of a home seller. You can customize the package as per your needs for an additional charge.
3. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Easy Cancellation: Within 30 days of your purchase, you can cancel and receive a refund. You can get a refund for some of your listing fees if you decide not to sell your home. There are no refunds after their broker has finished the listing process.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
👑 Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
4. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
The Flat Fee Group was established in 2003 and has since expanded to service clients all over the U.S. by connecting independent flat-fee real estate brokerages with sellers.
The pricing and variety of packages offered by Flat Fee Group.com may appeal to those looking to sell a property for a flat fee. However, not every seller will have the same experience because it works with different flat-fee brokerages.
In Georgia, options range from $299 to $995!
👑 The Queen says that Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic listing plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months.
- MLS Package – $399: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
⚔️ Most $99 plans are clickbait! Proceed with caution.
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some red flags with FSBO.com.
- Not Fully Online: The company shares your information with a local broker who lists your property. There is no online automation therefore you must complete all the paperwork manually.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to simplify your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: You are not aware of which local broker will do your listing. FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Fees for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Costly Customization: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat Fee MLS service providers.
FSBO.com is available in all 50 states. You can list your home on FSBO and save on the listing agent commission.
However, you should be aware that a la carte fees might go to a maximum of $335! For example, you will have to pay an extra fee of $75 and $150 if you want to use the CSS showing service and e-lockbox rental.
👑 The Queen recommends the $399 MLS package. The package offers maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Moreover, your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more.
💡 Queen’s Counsel: Everything you need to know about Flat Fee MLS
Hidden Fees in Flat Fee MLS Listing Companies
Some Flat Fee MLS companies are not upfront about their fees. These hidden costs could go up to thousands of dollars and have a significant impact on your savings. They might say that they take a flat fee but might charge you a percentage of commission at the time of closing.
We have compiled a list of the average hidden fees that some Flat Fee MLS listing services may charge.
|Types of Hidden Fees||Cost||Description|
|1. Cancellation Fees||$50-$200||If you need to cancel your listing, you need to pay cancellation charges. However, some companies do allow free cancellation, if you cancel before your listing goes live. |
Example: Flat Fee Group charges $25 for cancellation.
|2. Listing Changes Charge||$25-$50||If you need to make any changes to your listing, companies charge extra for that.
Example: Flat Fee Multiple Listing Access charges $10 for listing updates.
|3. Expensive Listing Upgrades||$50-$100||If you need to add more photos to your listing, post an open house or avail a showing management tool, you will be charged extra for these upgrades by some Flat Fee MLS service providers.
Example: Congress Realty charges $50 for listing extension; whereas List With Freedom charges $25 for Open House postings and $59 for Showing Scheduler.
|4. Additional Upgrades||$50-$200||Any service that is not part of the package you sign up for. These are additional services that you need to pay for separately, i.e, Photography, Market Research, Contract Review, etc.
Example: Flat Fee Group which offers pro photography at $290.
|5. Expensive Yard Signs||$100-$150+ $120 (deposit)||Expensive charge for yard signs, even though these yard signs are given on a rental basis.
Example: Homecoin charges $99 for a rental yard sign.
|6. Lockbox Charges||$100-$200||Lockboxes are given on rental for a small charge. However, some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a huge sum as lockbox rental fees.
Example: Homecoin charges $125 for lockbox even though it is on a rental basis.
|7. Commission at Closing||0.1-0.5%||Some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a commission at the time of closing, as a hidden seller agent fee. This fee is often undisclosed and charged to the seller once they close a deal. Sometimes this fee is also masked as a compliance fee.
Example: Flat Fee Realty which charges 0.1%- 0.25% at closing in some states.
|8. Flat Fee at Closing||$750||Fixed Fee companies charge an additional flat fee at closing which is not mentioned upfront.
Example: FlatFeeMLSRealty which charges a flat fee at closing ($350 + $400)
|9. Escrow Charges||$1K-$2K||Some Flat Rate companies charge for escrow at the time of closing.
Example: Vegas Flat Fee charges $995 compliance fees at closing
|10. Seller Disclosures||$100-$200||State-required seller disclosures are unavoidable. Few companies charge for this service as well.
Example: Yager Realty has seller disclosure feature only in their premium packages. Since seller disclosures are imperative to listing, you need to only go for their premium packages!
|11. Application Fees||$50-$100||Few companies charge non-refundable application fees.
Example: List with Freedom charges $50 as application fee.
Note: This table is a generic list of all the hidden charges that various Flat Fee MLS companies charge. It will vary depending on the company you choose.
While some of these services are mentioned in their a-la-carte services, if you still need a lot of support for selling your house, you might need to consider going with a realtor.
Pennsylvania housing market trends
The median home sale price in Pennsylvania is $268,500. Prices are further expected to increase as 2022 is anticipated to have the second highest sales level followed by 2021.
The sales growth of homes in Pennsylvania is expected to 5.3% in 2022. With remote work opportunities and affordable rates of homes, the Pennsylvania housing market is expected to see an upward surge in the coming years.
Among all five MLS listing companies in Pennsylvania, we have ranked Houzeo as the best because it fulfills all your requirements to make your home selling process smooth and hassle free.
As per this blog, you will have package options ranging from $179- $899 through different fixed fee MLS services. Every platform has its specialty. Now, it is up to you to decide what suits you the best, as per your requirements.
» Want to learn more? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews to find out why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Pennsylvania?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including Pennsylvania. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
How long does it take for MLS listing to go live?
It takes about 2-4 days for MLS listing to go live. Most Pennsylvania MLSs will make your listing live in under 24 hours.
Which is the best Flat Fee MLS in Pennsylvania?
The best Flat Fee MLS in Pennsylvania are:
2. Simple Choice Realty
3. Flat Fee Realty
4. Flat Fee Group
5. I Sold My House
What is the best time to sell a house in Pennsylvania?
The best time to sell a house in Pennsylvania is June.
What is the difference between Flat Fee MLS and Traditional Agent?
A traditional broker commission model is usually 6% on closing, which is going to cost more for you as home seller. A Flat Fee MLS on the other hand, asks you a flat fee instead.
Related Keywords: flat fee mls pennsylvania, mls pa, mls listings pa, multiple listing service pa, how to sell a house, in pa without a realtor, real estate pa, pa listing services, best for sale by owner mls listing service, best site for sale by owner homes