If you are selling your home in Washington, the service of a Flat Fee MLS company is your best choice for maximum saving and exposure.
A Washington Realtor will charge you a 5%- 6% commission fee at closing. Say, your home costs around $500,000. A cool $25,000 will end up in the agent’s pocket. Whether selling an apartment in Seattle or a Ranch style home in Tacoma, you can save on hefty agent commissions with Flat Fee Listing companies in the Evergreen State.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
As the seller, you must pay both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent commission. This is a whopping 6% of your home sale price. With Flat Fee services even a first-time seller can list their home within 48 hours, save on agent fees, and complete the listing online!
Rankings: 7 Flat Fee MLS Washington Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Congress Realty||$299-$499||0.5%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. Flat List||$299||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. List With Freedom||$149-$295||0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|7. Flat Fee Group||$299-$999||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 7 Best Washington Flat Fee MLS Companies
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
📌 Houzeo Washington: In Washington, Houzeo’s Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% at closing. The Bronze package is $299 for all home sellers in the Evergreen State!
2. Congress Realty
Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service Package.
- Basic Package – $299: Includes a listing term of 6 months, 4 photos and state forms & disclosures, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: Includes the same services as the basic package with 10 free listing changes. In addition, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: Includes all services of the Plus Package with unlimited free listing changes, and open house postings.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This Package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: Jared Andrew English is one of the most capable brokers in the business. Whether you are buying or selling a home, Andrew provides excellent representation.
- Excellent Customer Service: Congress Realty’s Andrew and his team are among the fastest and most accessible brokers in the industry.
👉 Jared English Congress Realty: Jared English and Congress Realty have an “Excellent” of 4.9 stars out of 5 from 155 Houzeo home sellers. Check out his profile on Houzeo’s vendor page!
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. The broker community holds Jared Andrew English in high regard.
However, Congress Realty boasts several upgrades. These can pile up quickly at the time of closing!
We recommend the Premium Package as the best value for your money. You get unlimited changes with the Premium package. The cheaper plan requires you to purchase upgrades separately.
3. Flat List
FlatList.com offers 1 Flat Fee MLS Package.
- $299 Package: The flat fee MLS package from FlatList.com costs $299. The services provided vary by state. The package offers a 6-month listing period with 25 photographs, free listing adjustments, and open home posts on their website.
FlatList.com remains a reliable Flat Fee MLS service provider in the four states it operates.
- Syndication to Other Websites: Your listing will appear on Realtor.com, Zillow, and Trulia.
- Disclosure Forms: You will receive all necessary disclosure documents and HOA addendums. The company also provides access to counteroffer forms as an extra service.
- Unlimited Listing Modifications: You can modify your listing as often as you like for free.
Our study revealed some issues with Flat.List.com that were deal breakers.
- Single Flat Fee Package: They only provide a single flat fee package, which is inflexible to meet the seller’s requirements. Additionally, they don’t offer a la carte services, making it hard for sellers to choose the features they need.
- Manual Listing Process: There is a manual listing method. To list your property on the MLS, you must “download, print, and scan” the required documentation, making the listing procedure delayed.
- Limited Coverage in 4 states: FlatList offers real estate services in the states of Arizona, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington. If you own a home outside of these states, FlatList.com may recommend brokers for your MLS listing.
We recommend FlatList.com services as a great choice. However, Flat List offers limited services. They offer a single MLS package that cannot be customized as per the seller’s demands.
4. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom gives you a choice of 3 Flat Fee plans.
- Gold Package – $149: This basic plan offers a 6-month listing term with 6 photos. For an extra price, you may add an online showing service, an open house, and a virtual tour
- Platinum Package – $195: This is simply the basic plan rebranded with 25 photos instead of 6 on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus – $295: In this plan, you get all the upgrades from the basic plan plus the basic listing service.
👑 The Queen’s Take: List With Freedom’s packages are affordable. However, additional services like showings and open houses come with extra charges. Often, these services cost much less.
👉 Pros and Cons of List With Freedom: Check out the pros and cons of List With Freedom.
Listwithfreedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee platforms in the USA!
- Quick Listing: Listwithfreedom makes sense for experienced home sellers on a tight budget. The listing is completely done online. Your listing will be live within 24-48 hours!
- Unlimited Listing Changes: Unlimited changes allow you to create the best possible listing to attract potential buyers.
Listwithfreedom has certain drawbacks that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Fees: The word ‘deceptive’ has come up a few times in Listwithfreedom customer reviews. The pricing page does not mention the 0.1% – 0.25% commission cost upfront.
- Not for First-time Sellers: Listwithfreedom does not offer much assistance when actually required. New home sellers can find it difficult without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
Fizber is an agent referral company, offering 4 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Free FSBO Listing ($0): This package only lists your home on Fizber’s website.
- Digital Boost Package ($95): With this package, you get a featured listing on Fizber and Redfin and an Open House Manager. However, your home will not get listed on the MLS.
- MLS Boost Package ($270): This package includes a listing on the MLS with six photos, which will be syndicated to Fizber and many other real estate websites.
- Premium MLS Boost Package ($295): For this package, you can list your home on the MLS with the maximum number of photos allowed.
If you’re considering selling your home as an FSBO, Fizber.com may be a good option. Here are a couple of reasons why:
- Competitive Pricing: Fizber’s MLS Boost Package is priced lower than many of its competitors, making it an affordable option for those looking to list their homes on the MLS.
- Extra Services in Some States: Depending on the state you’re selling in, Fizber may offer additional listing photos and a longer listing term than what is included in their standard packages. However, you’ll need to contact their customer service team to confirm availability in your state.
Some common issues that have been found in Fizber’s review online include:
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: Fizber advertises itself as being available nationwide, but it is not. Reviews have cited inactive agents and limited coverage in several states.
- Success Fee in Some States: A 0.5% success fee is charged at closing if you are selling your property in Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wyoming. This is a hidden fee not mentioned apart from the pricing page.
- Extra Charges for Documents: Fizber charges extra fees ranging from $15 to $50 for documents like seller’s disclosure, lead paint disclosure, and contract for sale, which other FSBO listing services offer for free.
We recommend the MLS Boost Package priced at $295, which provides extensive exposure to your property by listing it on the MLS with unlimited photos.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99.95: This is a basic plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You do not get MLS listing in this plan.
- MLS Package – $399.95: The package includes an MLS listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👑 The Queen’s Take: FSBO.com offers For Sale By Owner services, saving you thousands on hefty commissions. However, they do not list you on the MLS directly. Instead, they connect you with a broker at the state level.
👉 Pros and Cons of FSBO.com: Read the benefits and drawbacks of listing with FSBO.com.
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in specific sections dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of FSBO.com.
- Not 100% Online: FSBO.com lacks automation features. You have to manage your listings on your own.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to enhance your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat-fee MLS service providers.
FSBO.com has no reviews from credible sources.
👉 FSBO.com Reviews: Read to know more about FSBO.com
7. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Washington Near Me
There are over 500 regional Multiple Listing Sites in the USA. Here are a few in the Evergreen State for FSBO home sellers.
- Flat Fee MLS Seattle: In Seattle, Washington you can expect fixed fee MLS rates between $99 to $999. These providers have extensive local market expertise to ensure maximum exposure for your home.
Be careful, local WA Flat Fee MLS services have high hidden costs and sub-par technology! This can ruin your experience if you are a new FSBO seller.
How to List Without a Realtor in Washington?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do Washington MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $199 to $1,900 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in WA.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM Sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
WA Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: Washington has the 8 to 10% highest closing costs in the USA. In Washington, the seller is responsible for both the seller’s agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Other closing costs in Washington are divided between both parties after negotiation.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in Washington include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $150 – $500 per hour
- Escrow Fee: Spilt between buyer and seller
- Home Inspection Fee: $275 – $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- 4%-6% Listing Agent Fee + 2%-3% Buyer’s Agent Fee
Seller’s Disclosure: A Washington home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in Washington includes some of the following:-
- Lead Paint Disclosure
- Disclosure of Material Defects
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Houzeo Washington Listing: Houzeo discloses all prices upfront so there are no surprises at closing!
Alternatives To Washington Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most Washington home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in Washington: Discount real estate brokers typically charge between 0.5%- 2% commission at closing. You get the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in Washington pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad, buy hundreds of homes in Cleveland and other Washington markets. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in Washington a licensed real estate agent.
- Realtors in Washington: Washington Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, if you are new to the real estate market it is likely you will need the guidance of a licensed real estate agent.
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. As the seller, you must pay the listing agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Flat Fee real estate brokers will help you save thousands in listing agent commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in Washington. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Question
What is a flat fee deal?
It is a deal where the best platforms like Houzeo charge you a fixed price and give you multiple features in its exchange. The flat fee MLS services in Washington do not charge on a commission basis.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
How much does it cost to use flat fee MLS?
In Washington, the listing cost depends upon the platform you choose to list your property on MLS. It costs you between $75 to $1200, depending upon the plan you decide to go with.
What is the difference between Flat Fee MLS and Traditional Agent?
A traditional broker commission model is usually 6% on closing which is going to cost more for you as home seller. A Flat Fee MLS on the other hand, asks you a flat fee instead.
What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
Related: mls flat fee listing, flat fee mls listing washington state, multiple listing service washington state, washington state multiple listing service, washington state MLS, mls listings washington, mls listings washington state,washington mls listings, mls4owners com