If you’re selling your house in Indiana, you need to list it on the MLS. The MLS is the most powerful tool to sell and buy homes in Indiana.
Only real estate agents have access to the MLS. But as a home seller, you don’t have to pay thousands in listing commission to an agent to list and sell your home. There are 4 options how you can list on MLS:
- List Yourself via a FSBO Website (Most Recommended): Some of the best FSBO sites will let you list and sell your home yourself. And in doing so, you’ll save thousands in commission!
- List on a Flat Fee MLS Service: A Flat Fee MLS service will get you on the MLS for a flat fee, with no listing commission.
- List with a Discount Broker: Discount Brokers charge anywhere from 0.5% to 2% in commission. Here’s our ranking of America’s best discount real estate brokers.
- List with a Traditional Agent (Least Recommended): A traditional real estate agent will charge you a full 2.5% to 3% commission. Plus they can be old school, with manual and inefficient processes.
Home prices in Indiana are rising but are expected to reduce further as the year progresses. So, if you want to sell your house in Indiana, now is the time!
MLS is Key for Sellers 💯
- Most homes in the Indiana sell via the MLS. The MLS gives you unparalleled exposure to both buyer agents and buyers.
- Homes on MLS sold for 17% more than non-MLS listed homes, according to a Bright MLS study. MLS homes also sold faster.
- MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites giving your property critical exposure.
- There are 600+ MLS’ in the U.S. It is critical you list on your local MLS. This ensures your listing is viewable to your local buyer agents.
What is the MLS in Real Estate?
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is a database that enables real estate agents and brokers to list and view homes for sale. An MLS listing includes all the information about your property, such as its price, description, and photos.
The homes listed on MLS are syndicated to various online real estate websites. This amplifies the exposure your property gets.
Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. Consequently, only real estate agents can create MLS listings.
» List with Houzeo in Indiana: List on MLS by owner with Houzeo.com without a real estate agent license.
Benefits of Listing a Home on MLS
Listed below are some of the benefits of listing on the MLS in Indiana:
- Get Maximum Exposure: When you list on MLS, your listing gets syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and Realtor.com. This boosts your property’s visibility to potential buyers.
- Market to Buyer Agents: According to NAR, 86% of home buyers purchased their homes through a buyer agent last year. Listing on MLS is the most effective way to market your property to potential buyers.
- Incentivize the Buyer Agent: As mentioned above, buyer agents are involved in most real estate transactions. The MLS allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission.
- You Can Sell Faster: Homes listed on MLS are sold 17% faster than those that were not listed on MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS listing?
A flat fee MLS listing service will list your house on the Indiana MLS at a flat rate. Unlike hiring RE agents, you can skip paying a hefty sum as a commission with a flat fee MLS service.
There are two types of flat fee services:
- MLS Entry-Only Services: They only list your home on Indiana MLS for you. Some might also syndicate it to other websites like Zillow and Trulia.
- MLS Packages: They provide additional services, besides listing on the MLS, like photography, yard signs, and showings.
Rankings: 5 Flat Fee MLS Indiana Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Mink Realty||$299-$999||$250||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. Paradigm Realty Solutions||$399-$499||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. Mentor Listing Realty||$299-$399||$45-$590 + 🚩$200||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. I Sold My House||$299-$399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Indiana Listing Service
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
2. Mink Realty
Mink Realty provides 3 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Silver Package – $299 + $250 at closing: The package is apt for selling land or a lot. It includes a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. Your property gets listed on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
- Gold Package – $499 + $250 at closing: It includes everything from the Silver Package + yard sign with 50 photos, Showing time scheduling system, and feedback where available.
- Platinum Package – $999 + $250 at closing: The package includes everything from the Silver and Gold packages + Realtor assistance with offers, contract review, negotiations, repair requests, etc.
Here are a few of their additional services:
- Realtor Assistance: $800
- Supra Electronic Lock Box Rental: $100
- 6-month Listing Extension: $250
- Mink Realty Yard Sign: $50
Check out the best features of Mink Realty:
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: Buyer leads are forwarded to you without agent involvement.
- Great Exposure: Mink Realty will list your home on local and national sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and more.
- Assistance and Support: You get email support in all the packages. However, in the Platinum package, you get both email & phone support.
- Statewide Coverage: Mink Realty covers the entire state of Kentucky.
There are no red flags with Mink Realty. Donna Mink enjoys a solid name among the broker community. However, there are several upgrades. If you opt for a basic plan, we advise you to budget for these expenses because they can add up quickly.
👉 Mink Realty Reviews: Here’s what Houzeo home sellers have to say about working with Mink Realty.
We recommend the Silver package priced at $299 which is more reasonable than the Gold and Platinum package.
3. Paradigm Realty Solutions
Paradigm Realty Solutions has 2 Flat Fee plans on offer.
- $399 Plan: This plan gives you a 6-month listing term plus maximum photos on the MLS. You also get a free yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- $499 Plan: You get everything from the $399 plan with a listing term of 12 months.
Here are a few of the additional services on offer
- Additional Photo: $5 (each)
- CMA/Appraisal Report: $50
- Professional Flyers: $50
- Combo Lockbox: $45
🚩 Watch Out: They charge a hefty additional fee of $350 at closing. Plus non-refundable credit card processing fees.
Paradigm Realty is popular among FSBO Indiana sellers because of their broker, Joshua Vida.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: Paradigm Realty offers unlimited listing changes in both Flat Fee plans. It is easy to keep your listing updated, which attracts more buyers.
- Direct Buyer Leads: The company forwards the buyer leads directly to you in both plans.
- Buyer Rebate: You get up to $2,000 in Buyer Rebate Program if you use their services again.
👉 Customer Reviews: Paradigm Realty has 4.6 out of 5 stars from 56 reviews on Google.
There are a few drawbacks with Paradigm Realty to note.
- Expensive Add-Ons: Services like MLS lockbox rental are priced at $99 + $50 deposit. You also have to pay an additional $50 for maximum photos on the MLS, even though they have mentioned it as a part of the Flat Fee plan.
- Low on Tech: Paradigm Realty has a very basic website. There is no interactive seller’s dashboard or free mobile app for easy list-to-close management.
Paradigm Realty can be a good option for experienced Indiana FSBO sellers. However, the additional services are expensive, so curate your plan carefully.
4. Mentor Listing Realty
Mentor Listing Realty has 3 Flat Fee plans for you.
- Basic Package – $299: You only get 1 photo and a listing term of 6 months. Plus unlimited open house listings, state disclosure forms, and contracts. You also have Broker support and assistance.
- Standard Package – $349: It includes everything from the Basic Package plus 6 photos.
- Premium Package – $399: This is an upgraded version of the standard Package. You can post up to 25 photos.
Here is what you pay for additional services
- $250.00 – Electronic Lock Box
- $75.00 – Premium Sign
- $65.00 – Color Flyers (100 Pcs.)
- $175.00 – Market Survey Report
- Full Representation: $499
Mentor Listing Realty has a few advantages for Indiana FSBO sellers.
- Broker Support: A professional broker will help you through the listing process. This service is included in all packages but only via phone and email only.
- Upgrade to Full Representation: You can easily add the full representation service to your existing plan. You get help with coordination and management of the closing process, and more!
There are a few drawbacks to Mentor Listing Realty.
- One Listing Photo in Basic Plan: The basic package priced at $299, gives you just 1 photo on the MLS. This is not enough to entice a potential buyer.
- Low on Tech: Mentor Listing Realty is not 100% online. You have to fill out most of the paperwork manually. This is tedious and time-consuming.
We recommend the Platinum Package priced at $399 for Indiana FSBO sellers. You can post up to 25 photos on the MLS. However, if you are looking for a cheaper plan, you can opt for Houzeo’s Bronze Package.
5. I Sold My House
iSoldMyHouse provides 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold – $399+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
👉 iSoldMyHouse Review: Read a detailed review for iSoldMyHouse before investing.
We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. We suggest you buy the “Get Sold” plan if you reside in one of these states. Getting more than 6 photos is crucial because it helps to sell your house.
💡 Cheapest Ways to List on MLS: Paying 3% of the purchase price as real estate commission can become an unwelcomed expense if you are an experienced seller. We recommend opting for a Flat Fee MLS Package for listing For Sale By Owner on MLS.
How to List Your House on MLS in Indiana?
You can list your house on Indiana MLS using several methods, using a full service realtor or a Flat Fee MLS service. However, the steps to listing on the MLS are the same.
Here we can look through the basic steps of “how to list on the MLS”.
- Do Your Research: There are several ways to access the MLS, hiring a real estate agent is just one of them. You should know all your options before proceeding.
- Find What Suits You Best: Most companies offer a range of Flat Fee MLS listing packages, differing in features according to the seller’s experience, the listing term, and MLS coverage.
- Get Professional Photographs: 87% of buyers rely on photographs to make a decision. Accordingly, getting professionally clicked photos of your house can help you sell your house faster.
- Create a Listing: While creating a listing for your local MLS, go with a catchy headline, comprehensive description, and attractive photographs.
- Get listed on MLS: After finalizing these all prospects, forward the same to the listing agent and get your property listed on the MLS.
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in Indiana
The cost of listing on the Indiana MLS depends on the method you use. You can pick a full service agent or a flat fee MLS service.
A full service agent will require you to pay a seller agent commission of 2-3%. A flat fee MLS service will get you listed at a flat rate.
However, beware of hidden charges and fees at closing. Some sites may not be upfront about these costs.
Alternatives to Listing on MLS By Owner in Indiana
There are alternative ways to List on the MLS By Owner, and they are as follows.
- Going Completely FSBO: ‘For Sale By Owner’ refers to selling real estate without the assistance of a real estate agent or broker. Many For Sale By Owner MLS listing services like Houzeo, Zillow, Craigslist, and ForSaleByOwner.com offer free listings on their respective websites.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: A discount real estate broker offers all the services that a traditional real estate agent does for a fraction of the cost. They typically sell your house for a 1% commission compared to the 2.5% to 3% charged by a traditional real estate agent charges.
» Creative Ways to Market an FSBO House: Find out 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale By Owner Homes.
How to List on MLS via Houzeo.com in Indiana?
List your home on MLS via Houzeo.com in 4 simple steps!
- Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click on “Start Free Listing” at the top right corner.
- Add Information About the Property & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Houzeo offers 4 MLS listing packages. We recommend the GOLD package as it will give you access to all of Houzeo’s technologically advanced features, like listing management, scheduling showings, and offer and lead management.
- Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs will be automatically assigned to you based on your listing agent, property type, and local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
If everything is in order, your listing will be live on your local MLS within 24-48 hours!
Listing in the MLS in Indiana is a great way to boost the sale of your property. However, it can be expensive as access to MLS is restricted to real estate agents.
Even if you are new to selling, listing on MLS for sale by owner with a Flat Fee MLS broker like Houzeo can gain you profit.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions about Listing on MLS
1. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Indiana?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US Department of Justice just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
2. Are Flat Fee Realtors good in Indiana?
Some home sellers assume that since flat-fee realtors are working for lower fees they might not provide you with good services but there are thousands of home sellers who’ve already tried these flat-fee realtors and they have saved thousands of dollar with the best services!
3. Can I request to add open houses easily?
Our IntelliList Listing Management system makes requesting open houses to be added a breeze!
4. How much money can I actually save?
You can save up to 100% of the real estate commissions! With the Flat Fee MLS listing on Houzeo, you save the 3% listing agent commission. You’re obligated to pay the buyer’s agent the commission you offered if they’re represented by an agent, but if you procure a buyer with no agent involved, you can save even that!
» Houzeo Hidden Fees: Read further to know how much more you can save!
5. How to sell your house in 2023?
If you want to sell your home in 2023, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission.
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.
6. Do I need to sign a contract to list my home in Indiana?
Yes, but these contracts for Flat Fee MLS listings are generally “entry-only”. That means they’re limited to the agent entering your listing into the MLS. And they can be canceled/terminated anytime with no penalty!
7. Can you list rentals on the MLS in Indiana?
Yes, you can list rentals on the MLS. Listing rentals on the MLS can boost your visibility and give you a competitive edge. Accordingly, you can close the rental transaction faster.
Related: flat fee MLS in Indiana, Selling a home without a Indiana realtor, how to list on Indiana mls, MLS free listing, MLS how to list, how to create an MLS listing, put home on MLS, how to list a property on MLS in IN, how to add listing to MLS, how to post on MLS, can anyone list on Indiana MLS, list house on MLS, sell home MLS, list house on IN MLS, how to get your home on MLS, listing home on MLS, how to get your home in the MLS, What is MLS?,selling a house without a Realtor, fsbo IN MLS listing, how to get a Indiana mls listing without a realtor.