If you’re selling your house in Nevada, you need to list it on the MLS. The MLS is the most powerful tool to sell and buy homes in Nevada.
Only real estate agents have access to the MLS. But as a home seller, you don’t have to pay thousands in listing commission to an agent to list and sell your home. There are 4 options how you can list on MLS:
- List Yourself via a FSBO Website (Most Recommended): Some of the best FSBO sites will let you list and sell your home yourself. And in doing so, you’ll save thousands in commission!
- List on a Flat Fee MLS Service: A Flat Fee MLS service will get you on the MLS for a flat fee, with no listing commission.
- List with a Discount Broker: Discount Brokers charge anywhere from 0.5% to 2% in commission. Here’s our ranking of America’s best discount real estate brokers.
- List with a Traditional Agent (Least Recommended): A traditional real estate agent will charge you a full 2.5% to 3% commission. Plus they can be old school, with manual and inefficient processes.
Home prices in Nevada are rising but are expected to reduce further as the year progresses. So, if you want to sell your house in Nevada, now is the time!
MLS is Key for Sellers 💯
- Most homes in the Nevada sell via the MLS. The MLS gives you unparalleled exposure to both buyer agents and buyers.
- Homes on MLS sold for 17% more than non-MLS listed homes, according to a Bright MLS study. MLS homes also sold faster.
- MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites giving your property critical exposure.
- There are 600+ MLS’ in the U.S. It is critical you list on your local MLS. This ensures your listing is viewable to your local buyer agents.
What is the MLS in Real Estate?
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is a database that enables real estate agents and brokers to list and view homes for sale. An MLS listing includes all the information about your property, such as its price, description, and photos.
The homes listed on MLS are syndicated to various online real estate websites. This amplifies the exposure your property gets.
Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. Consequently, only real estate agents can create MLS listings.
» List with Houzeo in Nevada: List on MLS by owner with Houzeo.com without a real estate agent license.
Benefits of Listing a Home on MLS
Listed below are some of the benefits of listing on the MLS in Nevada:
- Get Maximum Exposure: When you list on MLS, your listing gets syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and Realtor.com. This boosts your property’s visibility to potential buyers.
- Market to Buyer Agents: According to NAR, 86% of home buyers purchased their homes through a buyer agent last year. Listing on MLS is the most effective way to market your property to potential buyers.
- Incentivize the Buyer Agent: As mentioned above, buyer agents are involved in most real estate transactions. The MLS allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission.
- You Can Sell Faster: Homes listed on MLS are sold 17% faster than those that were not listed on MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS listing?
A flat fee MLS listing service will list your house on the Nevada MLS at a flat rate. Unlike hiring RE agents, you can skip paying a hefty sum as a commission with a flat fee MLS service.
There are two types of flat fee services:
- MLS Entry-Only Services: They only list your home on Nevada MLS for you. Some might also syndicate it to other websites like Zillow and Trulia.
- MLS Packages: They provide additional services, besides listing on the MLS, like photography, yard signs, and showings.
Rankings: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Services to List on MLS Yourself in Nevada:
|Flat Fee MLS Service
|2. Congress Realty
|3. Flat Fee Group
|4. Best Choice Flat Fee
|5. By Owner Flat Fee MLS
Reviews: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Nevada
Houzeo offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $379+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $399+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $379+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews: Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
» Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo.
2. Congress Realty
What sets Congress Realty apart is its Managing Broker – Jared Andrew English. Jared Andrew English is an experienced Flat Fee MLS broker and has represented thousands of home sellers. Congress Realty covers all major MLS’ in Texas.
Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service Package.
- Basic Package – $299: Includes a listing term of 6 months, 4 photos and state forms & disclosures, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: Includes the same services as the basic package with 10 free listing changes. In addition, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: Includes all services of the Plus Package with unlimited free listing changes, and open house postings.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This Package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
👉 Jared English Congress Realty: Jared English and Congress Realty have an “Excellent” of 4.9 stars out of 5 from 155 Houzeo home sellers. Check out his profile on Houzeo’s vendor page!
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: Jared Andrew English is one of the most capable brokers in the business. Whether you are buying or selling a home, Andrew provides excellent representation.
- Excellent Customer Service: Congress Realty’s Andrew and his team are among the fastest and most accessible brokers in the industry.
» Is Congress Realty Legit? Read the in-depth review of Congress Realty.
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. The broker community holds Jared Andrew English in high regard.
However, Congress Realty boasts several upgrades. These can pile up quickly at the time of closing!
We recommend the Premium Package as the best value for your money. You get unlimited changes with the Premium package. The cheaper plan requires you to purchase upgrades separately.
» Congress Realty Reviews: Is Congress Realty worth it? Read this blog to find out.
3. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group™ is a national association of the best flat fee brokers and REALTORS®. All brokers have been real estate agents for many years having closes thousands of deals. Click on your state and interview one of our independent brokers.
Flat Fee Group provides 3-4 packages that vary as per state.
Common Services: Your listing gets activated within 48 hrs with a listing term of 6 to 12 months. In the full-service package, you get broker assistance which is expensive.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Do consider reading these reviews before choosing Flat Fee Group.
Flat Fee Group is available in all the states.
- Package Customization: You can get your package customized for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addenda you need from Flat Fee Group.
- Great Exposure: Flat Fee Group will list your home on sites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Group: Read the blog for an in-depth analysis of Flat Fee Group.
Flat Fee Group has certain red flags which can make your experience terrible.
- Not 100% Online: Flat Fee Group is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming. You’ll be on your own to provide tours and interact with potential buyers.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You will have to budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group operates on the agent referral system. There are several flat-fee brokerages that it works with, and no two sellers will have the same experience.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read the reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly.
4. Best Choice Flat Fee
Bestchoiceflatfee is a national group of independent real estate brokers. With them, you can list your property directly with a local state-licensed REALTOR® and save thousands on agent commissions.
Best Choice Flat Fee provides 3-4 packages. Prices of the package vary depending on the state.
- Common services in the package include pricing, review, and closing assistance. You get a listing term of 6 to 12 months with negotiation assistance.
Best Choice Flat Fee is a national group of flat fee brokers who also work with the Flat Fee Group. The company offers both flat-fee and full-service packages.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary contracts, forms, and disclosures from Best Choice Flat Fee in all the packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded: Buyer leads are forwarded to you with no agent involvement. You get this service in all the packages.
There are a few negatives that you need to know when listing with Best Choice Flat Fee.
- Mobile App Unavailable: It doesn’t offer home sellers a mobile app.
- Costly Packages: The cost of their basic package is relatively high. You may get similar services at much lower prices from MLS service providers.
- No Good Reviews: Best Choice Flat Fee has no trustworthy reviews on sites like Google, Trustpilot, and Zillow.
We recommend their full-service package, which offers great exposure for a faster sale.
5. By Owner Flat Fee MLS
By Owner Flat Fee MLS is a sister company of Brokerless Inc. It offers 3 packages depending on Nevada home sellers.
- $99 MLS By Owner: The package includes a Local MLS listing term of 6 months and 6 photos with free status changes.
- $149 MLS By Owner: The package includes a Local MLS listing term of 6 months and 25 photos with free status changes.
- $188 MLS By Owner: The package includes a Local MLS listing term of 12 months and 25 photos with state-required forms & disclosures.
⚔️ You Should Know: Most $99 plans are clickbait! Proceed with caution.
By Owner Flat Fee MLS.com is a national “for sale by owner” MLS listing service provider.
- Great Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to popular internet websites like Trulia, Zillow, and MSN.com
- Affordable Packages: By Owner Flat Fee MLS offers all the basic services for just $99.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary state disclosures and forms are provided in all their packages.
- Free Status Change: You get to change the status of your listing with By Owner Flat Fee MLS for free.
There are a few negatives with By Owner Flat Fee MLS.
- Expensive Add-on Services: The add-on services are expensive as you have to pay $75 extra for Showing Time and $50 for additional photos.
- No CMA: You don’t get comparative market analysis in any of their packages.
- Low on Tech: By Owner Flat Fee MLS does not offer a mobile app and it has a very basic website.
👑 By Owner Flat Fee MLS offers minimal features in their listing packages. We recommend the $188 plan as it offers maximum listing time on the MLS.
💡 Cheapest Ways to List on MLS: Paying 3% of the purchase price as real estate commission can become an unwelcomed expense if you are an experienced seller. We recommend opting for a Flat Fee MLS Package for listing For Sale By Owner on MLS.
How to List Your House on MLS in Nevada?
You can list your house on Nevada MLS using several methods, using a full service realtor or a Flat Fee MLS service. However, the steps to listing on the MLS are the same.
Here we can look through the basic steps of “how to list on the MLS”.
- Do Your Research: There are several ways to access the MLS, hiring a real estate agent is just one of them. You should know all your options before proceeding.
- Find What Suits You Best: Most companies offer a range of Flat Fee MLS listing packages, differing in features according to the seller’s experience, the listing term, and MLS coverage.
- Get Professional Photographs: 87% of buyers rely on photographs to make a decision. Accordingly, getting professionally clicked photos of your house can help you sell your house faster.
- Create a Listing: While creating a listing for your local MLS, go with a catchy headline, comprehensive description, and attractive photographs.
- Get listed on MLS: After finalizing these all prospects, forward the same to the listing agent and get your property listed on the MLS.
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in Nevada
The cost of listing on the Nevada MLS depends on the method you use. You can pick a full service agent or a flat fee MLS service.
A full service agent will require you to pay a seller agent commission of 2-3%. A flat fee MLS service will get you listed at a flat rate.
However, beware of hidden charges and fees at closing. Some sites may not be upfront about these costs.
Alternatives to Listing on MLS By Owner in Nevada
There are alternative ways to List on the MLS By Owner, and they are as follows.
- Going Completely FSBO: ‘For Sale By Owner’ refers to selling real estate without the assistance of a real estate agent or broker. Many For Sale By Owner MLS listing services like Houzeo, Zillow, Craigslist, and ForSaleByOwner.com offer free listings on their respective websites.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: A discount real estate broker offers all the services that a traditional real estate agent does for a fraction of the cost. They typically sell your house for a 1% commission compared to the 2.5% to 3% charged by a traditional real estate agent charges.
» Creative Ways to Market an FSBO House: Find out 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale By Owner Homes.
How to List on MLS via Houzeo.com in Nevada?
List your home on MLS via Houzeo.com in 4 simple steps!
- Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click on “Start Free Listing” at the top right corner.
- Add Information About the Property & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Houzeo offers 4 MLS listing packages. We recommend the GOLD package as it will give you access to all of Houzeo’s technologically advanced features, like listing management, scheduling showings, and offer and lead management.
- Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs will be automatically assigned to you based on your listing agent, property type, and local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
If everything is in order, your listing will be live on your local MLS within 24-48 hours!
Listing in the MLS in Nevada is a great way to boost the sale of your property. However, it can be expensive as access to MLS is restricted to real estate agents.
Even if you are new to selling, listing on MLS for sale by owner with a Flat Fee MLS broker like Houzeo can gain you profit.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions about Listing on MLS
1. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Nevada?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US Department of Justice just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
2. Are Flat Fee Realtors good in Nevada?
Some home sellers assume that since flat-fee realtors are working for lower fees they might not provide you with good services but there are thousands of home sellers who’ve already tried these flat-fee realtors and they have saved thousands of dollar with the best services!
3. Can I request to add open houses easily?
Our IntelliList Listing Management system makes requesting open houses to be added a breeze!
4. How much money can I actually save?
You can save up to 100% of the real estate commissions! With the Flat Fee MLS listing on Houzeo, you save the 3% listing agent commission. You’re obligated to pay the buyer’s agent the commission you offered if they’re represented by an agent, but if you procure a buyer with no agent involved, you can save even that!
» Houzeo Hidden Fees: Read further to know how much more you can save!
5. How to sell your house in 2024?
If you want to sell your home in 2024, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission.
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.
6. Do I need to sign a contract to list my home in Nevada?
Yes, but these contracts for Flat Fee MLS listings are generally “entry-only”. That means they’re limited to the agent entering your listing into the MLS. And they can be canceled/terminated anytime with no penalty!
7. Can you list rentals on the MLS in Nevada?
Yes, you can list rentals on the MLS. Listing rentals on the MLS can boost your visibility and give you a competitive edge. Accordingly, you can close the rental transaction faster.
Related: flat fee MLS in Nevada, Selling a home without a Nevada realtor, how to list on Nevada mls, MLS free NV listing, MLS how to list on Nevada, how to create an MLS listing, put home on MLS, how to list a property on MLS in NV, how to add listing to MLS, how to post on MLS, can anyone list on Nevada MLS, list house on MLS, sell home MLS, list house on NV MLS, how to get your home on MLS, listing home on MLS, how to get your home in the MLS, What is MLS?, selling a house without a Realtor, fsbo NV MLS listing, how to get a Nevada mls listing without a realtor.