If you’re selling your house in New Mexico, you need to list it on the MLS. The MLS is the most powerful tool to sell and buy homes in New Mexico.
Only real estate agents have access to the MLS. But as a home seller, you don’t have to pay thousands in listing commission to an agent to list and sell your home. There are 4 options how you can list on MLS:
- List Yourself via a FSBO Website (Most Recommended): Some of the best FSBO sites will let you list and sell your home yourself. And in doing so, you’ll save thousands in commission!
- List on a Flat Fee MLS Service: A Flat Fee MLS service will get you on the MLS for a flat fee, with no listing commission.
- List with a Discount Broker: Discount Brokers charge anywhere from 0.5% to 2% in commission. Here’s our ranking of America’s best discount real estate brokers.
- List with a Traditional Agent (Least Recommended): A traditional real estate agent will charge you a full 2.5% to 3% commission. Plus they can be old school, with manual and inefficient processes.
Home prices in New Mexico are rising but are expected to reduce further as the year progresses. So, if you want to sell your house in New Mexico, now is the time!
MLS is Key for Sellers 💯
- Most homes in the New Mexico sell via the MLS. The MLS gives you unparalleled exposure to both buyer agents and buyers.
- Homes on MLS sold for 17% more than non-MLS listed homes, according to a Bright MLS study. MLS homes also sold faster.
- MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites giving your property critical exposure.
- There are 600+ MLS’ in the U.S. It is critical you list on your local MLS. This ensures your listing is viewable to your local buyer agents.
What is the MLS in Real Estate?
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is a database that enables real estate agents and brokers to list and view homes for sale. An MLS listing includes all the information about your property, such as its price, description, and photos.
The homes listed on MLS are syndicated to various online real estate websites. This amplifies the exposure your property gets.
Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. Consequently, only real estate agents can create MLS listings.
» List with Houzeo in New Mexico: List on MLS by owner with Houzeo.com without a real estate agent license.
Benefits of Listing a Home on MLS
Listed below are some of the benefits of listing on the MLS in New Mexico:
- Get Maximum Exposure: When you list on MLS, your listing gets syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and Realtor.com. This boosts your property’s visibility to potential buyers.
- Market to Buyer Agents: According to NAR, 86% of home buyers purchased their homes through a buyer agent last year. Listing on MLS is the most effective way to market your property to potential buyers.
- Incentivize the Buyer Agent: As mentioned above, buyer agents are involved in most real estate transactions. The MLS allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission.
- You Can Sell Faster: Homes listed on MLS are sold 17% faster than those that were not listed on MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS listing?
A flat fee MLS listing service will list your house on the New Mexico MLS at a flat rate. Unlike hiring RE agents, you can skip paying a hefty sum as a commission with a flat fee MLS service.
There are two types of flat fee services:
- MLS Entry-Only Services: They only list your home on New Mexico MLS for you. Some might also syndicate it to other websites like Zillow and Trulia.
- MLS Packages: They provide additional services, besides listing on the MLS, like photography, yard signs, and showings.
Rankings: 5 Flat Fee MLS New Mexico Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|1. Houzeo||$229 – $449||None||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|2. Congress Realty||$299-$499||0.5%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. Hardy & Co. Real Estate||$395||1%-1.5%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. Entry Only||$399 - $999||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. Flat Fee Realty||$199||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 5 Flat Fee MLS New Mexico Companies
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
📌 Houzeo Listing Price: Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% at closing.
2. Congress Realty
Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service Package.
- Basic Package – $299: Includes a listing term of 6 months, 4 photos and state forms & disclosures, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: Includes the same services as the basic package with 10 free listing changes. In addition, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: Includes all services of the Plus Package with unlimited free listing changes, and open house postings.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This Package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: Jared Andrew English is one of the most capable brokers in the business. Whether you are buying or selling a home, Andrew provides excellent representation.
- Excellent Customer Service: Congress Realty’s Andrew and his team are among the fastest and most accessible brokers in the industry.
👉 Jared English Congress Realty: Jared English and Congress Realty have an “Excellent” of 4.9 stars out of 5 from 155 Houzeo home sellers. Check out his profile on Houzeo’s vendor page!
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. The broker community holds Jared Andrew English in high regard.
However, Congress Realty boasts several upgrades. These can pile up quickly at the time of closing!
We recommend the Premium Package as the best value for your money. You get unlimited changes with the Premium package. The cheaper plan requires you to purchase upgrades separately.
3. Hardy & Co. Real Estate
Hardy & Co. Real Estate offers 2-cost-effective packages and 1-full-service package.
- $395 Flat Fee Listing Package: This package includes 12 months of listing, maximum photos, and unlimited changes, and you can pause or cancel your listing anytime. You will get the assistance of a broker throughout the process.
- $395 Listing + Contract & Closing Support Package: The package includes all features of the $395 package with contract negotiations, disclosures, and closing documents. You pay 1% or a minimum of $3,000 at closing.
- Full-Service Package – $695 at Listing: This package comes with all the features of the $395 package plus the Contract and Closing Support Package. You pay 1% or a minimum of $4,000 at closing.
Hardy & Co. Real Estate offers several standout features, including:
- Maximum Photos: You can include the maximum number of photos allowed on the Local MLS in New Mexico.
- One-Day Listing: Your listing will be posted on the New Mexico local MLS within one business day.
- Broker Assistance: You can receive support from a broker at every stage of the sales process, starting with the listing.
- Free Cancellation: You have the freedom to pause or cancel your listing at any time during the home-selling process.
There are some potential drawbacks to consider if you choose Hardy & Co. Real Estate, such as:
- Limited Coverage: The company’s packages are not available in all areas of New Mexico, as it only covers 17 out of 33 counties in the state.
- No Pricing Assistance: Hardy & Co. Real Estate does not offer a built-in CMA or home valuation assistance to help you price your home appropriately.
- No Home Showings: If you work with Hardy & Co. Real Estate, you won’t receive assistance with open houses or home showings.
We recommend choosing the Flat Fee Listing package priced at $395, as it offers excellent value for the services included and is an affordable option for home sellers.
4. Entry Only
Entry Only gives you 3 Flat Fee options.
- Basic – $349: This plan includes a 12-month MLS listing with 10 photos. You also get unlimited listing changes and assistance with MA real estate forms.
- Standard – $547: This plan includes everything from the Base package plus 30 photos. You also get an FSBO pricing guide, buyer agent commission report, and marketing flyers.
- Advanced – $697: This plan has everything from the Standard package plus 42 photos. You also get a seller report from Realtor.com and educational material on offer negotiation.
Entry Only can be a decent option for FSBO sellers.
- Comprehensive Assistance: You get assistance with Massachusetts state real estate forms, an FSBO pricing guide, and a buyer’s agent commission report.
- Direct Buyer Leads: Your listing is published with your contact details and instructions to contact you directly. This can save precious time in a hot market.
Although, Entry Only has a 5-star rating it lacks in certain aspects.
- No á la Carte Services: Entry Only New England does not offer any add-on services. You must buy the expensive plans directly if you require any additional service over barebones listing.
- Limited Exposure: The company lists the property only on one MLS, i.e., MLS PIN (Property Information Network). This can considerably reduce your potential buyer pool.
We recommend the standard plan priced at $547 for most FSBO sellers. However, if you are looking for á la Carte Services you may want to consider Houzeo instead.
5. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- Common Features: A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Additional Costs: Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
💡 Cheapest Ways to List on MLS: Paying 3% of the purchase price as real estate commission can become an unwelcomed expense if you are an experienced seller. We recommend opting for a Flat Fee MLS Package for listing For Sale By Owner on MLS.
How to List Your House on MLS in New Mexico?
You can list your house on New Mexico MLS using several methods, using a full service realtor or a Flat Fee MLS service. However, the steps to listing on the MLS are the same.
Here we can look through the basic steps of “how to list on the MLS”.
- Do Your Research: There are several ways to access the MLS, hiring a real estate agent is just one of them. You should know all your options before proceeding.
- Find What Suits You Best: Most companies offer a range of Flat Fee MLS listing packages, differing in features according to the seller’s experience, the listing term, and MLS coverage.
- Get Professional Photographs: 87% of buyers rely on photographs to make a decision. Accordingly, getting professionally clicked photos of your house can help you sell your house faster.
- Create a Listing: While creating a listing for your local MLS, go with a catchy headline, comprehensive description, and attractive photographs.
- Get listed on MLS: After finalizing these all prospects, forward the same to the listing agent and get your property listed on the MLS.
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in New Mexico
The cost of listing on the New Mexico MLS depends on the method you use. You can pick a full service agent or a flat fee MLS service.
A full service agent will require you to pay a seller agent commission of 2-3%. A flat fee MLS service will get you listed at a flat rate.
However, beware of hidden charges and fees at closing. Some sites may not be upfront about these costs.
Alternatives to Listing on MLS By Owner in New Mexico
There are alternative ways to List on the MLS By Owner, and they are as follows.
- Going Completely FSBO: ‘For Sale By Owner’ refers to selling real estate without the assistance of a real estate agent or broker. Many For Sale By Owner MLS listing services like Houzeo, Zillow, Craigslist, and ForSaleByOwner.com offer free listings on their respective websites.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: A discount real estate broker offers all the services that a traditional real estate agent does for a fraction of the cost. They typically sell your house for a 1% commission compared to the 2.5% to 3% charged by a traditional real estate agent charges.
» Creative Ways to Market an FSBO House: Find out 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale By Owner Homes.
How to List on MLS via Houzeo.com in New Mexico?
List your home on MLS via Houzeo.com in 4 simple steps!
- Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click on “Start Free Listing” at the top right corner.
- Add Information About the Property & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Houzeo offers 4 MLS listing packages. We recommend the GOLD package as it will give you access to all of Houzeo’s technologically advanced features, like listing management, scheduling showings, and offer and lead management.
- Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs will be automatically assigned to you based on your listing agent, property type, and local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
If everything is in order, your listing will be live on your local MLS within 24-48 hours!
Listing in the MLS in New Mexico is a great way to boost the sale of your property. However, it can be expensive as access to MLS is restricted to real estate agents.
Even if you are new to selling, listing on MLS for sale by owner with a Flat Fee MLS broker like Houzeo can gain you profit.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions about Listing on MLS
1. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in New Mexico?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US Department of Justice just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
2. Are Flat Fee Realtors good in New Mexico?
Some home sellers assume that since flat-fee realtors are working for lower fees they might not provide you with good services but there are thousands of home sellers who’ve already tried these flat-fee realtors and they have saved thousands of dollar with the best services!
3. Can I request to add open houses easily?
Our IntelliList Listing Management system makes requesting open houses to be added a breeze!
4. How much money can I actually save?
You can save up to 100% of the real estate commissions! With the Flat Fee MLS listing on Houzeo, you save the 3% listing agent commission. You’re obligated to pay the buyer’s agent the commission you offered if they’re represented by an agent, but if you procure a buyer with no agent involved, you can save even that!
» Houzeo Hidden Fees: Read further to know how much more you can save!
5. How to sell your house in 2023?
If you want to sell your home in 2023, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission.
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.
6. Do I need to sign a contract to list my home in New Mexico?
Yes, but these contracts for Flat Fee MLS listings are generally “entry-only”. That means they’re limited to the agent entering your listing into the MLS. And they can be canceled/terminated anytime with no penalty!
7. Can you list rentals on the MLS in New Mexico?
Yes, you can list rentals on the MLS. Listing rentals on the MLS can boost your visibility and give you a competitive edge. Accordingly, you can close the rental transaction faster.
Related: flat fee MLS in New Mexico, Selling a home without a New Mexico realtor, how to list on New Mexico mls, MLS free listing, MLS how to list, how to create an MLS listing, put home on MLS, how to list a property on MLS in NM, how to add listing to MLS, how to post on MLS, can anyone list on New Mexico MLS, list house on MLS, sell home MLS, list house on NM MLS, how to get your home on MLS, listing home on MLS, how to get your home in the MLS, What is MLS?,selling a house without a Realtor, fsbo NM MLS listing, how to get a New Mexico mls listing without a realtor.