5 Hi-Tech Flat Fee MLS Illinois Listing Services That Are Changing The Game (2022 Updates)
Are you looking to save thousands of dollars through Flat Fee MLS Illinois services? It may be a good option considering, Illinois home prices will increase again this year.
Even if the change is more moderate, home prices are still expected to be high by historical standards, says a 2022 Illinois Real Estate report.
The year-end 2021 median price for all properties in the Illinois housing market reached $250,000, up 11.1 percent from $225,000 in 2020.
We have ranked and reviewed the top 5 Flat Fee MLS companies in IL, to help you make an informed decision.
» In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Rankings of Illinois Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
- How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
- Reviews: Illinois Flat Fee MLS Companies
- Hidden Fees in Flat Fee MLS listing companies
- Final Words
- Frequently Asked Questions
Rankings: 5 Flat Fee MLS Illinois Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Mentor Listing Realtor||$299-$399||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. Flat Fee Realty||$199||None||⛔||⛔||✅||⛔||⛔|
|4. Beycome||$99-$499( +0.1% commission)||None||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. Prello Realty||$295-$795||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
» Queen Advises: What is Flat Fee MLS?
How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
There are 2 types of costs related to a Flat Fee MLS listing
- Initial Flat Fee: You’ll have to pay an upfront fee to list your house on MLS. Usually, the initial fee ranges between $300 and $500.
- Closing Costs: Once a home seller strikes a deal and closes it, they have to pay a part of their equity on home inspection fee, title and home insurance fees, seller and buyer agent commissions, and home warranty as a closing cost of their property.
» Pro Tip: To know the most accurate closing cost estimate of your state or city, check out Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator.
Reviews: 5 Illinois Flat Fee MLS Companies
Houzeo is a real estate technology company that provides affordable services and is 100% online.
💼 Packages: They provide packages in Illinois that range from $299 – $449. They list quickly within 48 hrs.
The basic package includes 6 photos for 3 months, including listing management.
Their premium service includes unlimited changes, custom yard sign, federal and state disclosures, showing management, pricing assistance, contract review, and closing assistance. They even compare and counter offers for you in their premium package.
📢 Exposure: They provide syndicate listings on major platforms like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
📱Technology: They provide high technology services like IntelliList Listing Management System, Houzeo Showings, Offers, Buyer Search
Best Overall: Houzeo is our best pick with great tech features and affordable pricing.
💡 Queen’s Advice: Register with Houzeo today!
- 100% online
- Available nationwide
- Syndication to major listing platforms like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Realtor etc.
- Mobile App available
- Quick listing within 24hrs
- Save on commission
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Review: Is $349 worth it?
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Mentor Listing Realtor
Mentor Listing Realty Inc offers three Flat Fee MLS Packages.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes 1 photo and a six-month listing term. The package offers unlimited open house listings, state disclosure forms, and contracts. A broker is also available to assist you.
- Standard Package – $349: Includes all of the items in the Basic Package, plus 6 photos.
- Premium Package – $399: This package includes 25 photos and the same services as the other two.
Full Representation Service at $499: This is an additional service that you can add to your package. It includes all negotiations with buyer’s agents.
👉 Even though the packages may seem affordable, the additional services necessary to sell your home can add up to the final cost.
The standout offerings of Mentor Listing Realty are:
- Unlimited Open House Listings: To help sell your home, you can hold as many open houses as you like.
- Professional Broker Support: You can sell your house with the aid of a qualified broker. All packages include this assistance, although it is only available by phone and email.
- All Important Paperwork Provided: You will receive all contracts and state disclosure forms from Mentor Listing Realty. They will also assist you in filling out the paperwork required to sell your house.
Mentor Listing Realty’s cost-effective packages have the following shortcomings:
- Only 1 Photo for Basic Package: The standard flat price MLS package only comes with one photo, despite the services being the same as those in the other packages. Therefore, it is difficult for a buyer to imagine your home.
- Mentor Listing Realty is Not 100% Online: The IT stack of Mentor Listing Realty is modest. Form filling is one of the many processes that will take place offline. As a result, the listing process gets delayed.
- Additional Cost for a Market Survey Report: The MSR has additional costs of $175 from Mentor Listing Realty, which raises the overall cost significantly.
👑 We recommended that you choose the Premium $399 package since it allows you to upload 25 photos.
3. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides affordable listing services.
💼 Packages: They provide only one package of $199. It includes 6 photos and listing for 6 months. They do listing on local and national MLS platforms.
📑 Additional Service: You can purchase a photo upgrade feature for $50.
⚠️ Caution: You do need to pay 0.1% – 0.25% listing commission in some states
💡 Queen’s Counsel: What are Seller Closing costs in Illinois?
- Affordable package
- Listing term is 6 months
- No a la carte menu
- 0.1% – 0.25% listing commission needs to be paid
No reviews were found on any credible platforms
Flat Fee Realty covers Bond, Boone, Bureau, Calhoun, Champaign, Clinton, Cook, DeKalb, Douglas, Du Page, Fayette, Ford, Grundy, Henry, Iroquois, Jersey, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, La Salle, Lake, Lee, Livingston, Macoupin, Madison, Marshall, McHenry, Monroe, Montgomery, Ogle, Piatt, Pike, Putnam, Randolph, Saint Clair, Washington and Will in Illinois
Beycome is a high-tech company that offers Flat Fee listing services in Illinois.
💼 Packages: Their packages range from $99 – $ 499 (+ 1% commission). It includes listing until closing, unlimited changes, and lead forwarding. Premium packages also include Craigslist Ad, listing on classified websites like Oodle, Listanza, Yakaz, and more.
📞 Additional Support: They offer full concierge services with 1% commission at closing. They also provide customer support in English and Spanish.
💡 Queen’s Counsel: Flat Fee MLS: The Ultimate Guide For Home Sellers!
- Listing within 48 hours
- Unlimited listing changes
- Customer support in English and Spanish
- They charge 1% commission in their premium package
Beycome has a rating of 4.2/ 5 (out of 12 reviews) on Trustpilot
Beycome is available in major parts of Illinois
5. Prello Realty
Prello Realty provides three flat-fee MLS packages.
- MLS Basic Package – $295: It includes syndication on websites like Zillow and Trulia and listing on the local MLS. There is a six-month listing period.
- MLS Plus Package – $495: Everything from the Basic Package is included, along with expert photography of your property. There is a nine-month listing duration.
- MLS Pro Package – $795: Everything from the above packages comes in this bundle. You also have access to showing appointment scheduling and combination lockbox benefits.
👉 Nothing is free in real estate. Adding additional services can increase the price of the package when selling your house.
The positive standout points of Prello Realty are:
- 25 Photos for Every Package: All the packages by Prello Realty allows up to 25 photos.
- Professionally Designed Yard Sign: Every package includes a yard sign.
- Free Listing Changes: You can make changes to your listing on the local MLS for no additional charge.
Prello Realty has the following drawbacks:
- Limited Add-Ons: Package customization options are limited.
- Covers Only Select Counties in Illinois: Among the counties covered by Prello Realty in Illinois are Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will.
👑 Our recommendation is the $495 MLS Plus Package. There is no additional charge for any services included in this flat fee listing package.
Hidden Fees in Flat Fee MLS Companies
Some companies are not upfront about their fees. These hidden costs could go up to thousands of dollars and have a significant impact on your savings.
We have compiled a list of the average hidden fees that may be charged by some Flat Fee MLS listing services.
|Types of Hidden Fees||Cost||Description|
|1. Cancellation Fees||$50-$200||If you need to cancel your listing, you need to pay cancellation charges. However, some companies do allow free cancellation, if you cancel before your listing goes live. |
Example: Flat Fee Group charges $25 for cancellation.
|2. Listing Changes Charge||$25-$50||If you need to make any changes to your listing, companies charge extra for that.
Example: Flat Fee Multiple Listing Access charges $10 for listing updates.
|3. Expensive Listing Upgrades||$50-$100||If you need to add more photos to your listing, post an open house or avail a showing management tool, you will be charged extra for these upgrades by some Flat Fee MLS service providers.
Example: Congress Realty charges $50 for listing extension; whereas List With Freedom charges $25 for Open House postings and $59 for Showing Scheduler.
|4. Additional Upgrades||$50-$200||Any service that is not part of the package you sign up for. These are additional services that you need to pay for separately, i.e, Photography, Market Research, Contract Review, etc.
Example: Flat Fee Group which offers pro photography at $290.
|5. Expensive Yard Signs||$100-$150+ $120 (deposit)||Expensive charge for yard signs, even though these yard signs are given on a rental basis.
Example: Homecoin charges $99 for a rental yard sign.
|6. Lockbox Charges||$100-$200||Lockboxes are given on rental for a small charge. However, some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a huge sum as lockbox rental fees.
Example: Homecoin charges $125 for lockbox even though it is on a rental basis.
|7. Commission at Closing||0.1-0.5%||Some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a commission at the time of closing, as a hidden seller agent fee. This fee is often undisclosed and charged to the seller once they close a deal. Sometimes this fee is also masked as a compliance fee.
Example: Flat Fee Realty which charges 0.1%- 0.25% at closing in some states.
|8. Flat Fee at Closing||$750||Fixed Fee companies charge an additional flat fee at closing which is not mentioned upfront.
Example: FlatFeeMLSRealty which charges a flat fee at closing ($350 + $400)
|9. Escrow Charges||$1K-$2K||Some Flat Rate companies charge for escrow at the time of closing.
Example: Vegas Flat Fee charges $995 compliance fees at closing
|10. Seller Disclosures||$100-$200||State-required seller disclosures are unavoidable. Few companies charge for this service as well.
Example: Yager Realty has seller disclosure feature only in their premium packages. Since seller disclosures are imperative to listing, you need to only go for their premium packages!
|11. Application Fees||$50-$100||Few companies charge non-refundable application fees.
Example: List with Freedom charges $50 as application fee.
Note: This table is a generic list of all the hidden charges that various Flat Fee MLS companies charge. It will vary depending on the company you choose.
While some of these services are mentioned in their a-la-carte services, you might need to consider going with a realtor if you still need a lot of support for selling your house.
On average, you can expect to pay $200-$800 for an Illinois Flat Fee MLS listing service, but that’s only an average price. On the lower side, you can buy an MLS listing package for $100 and on the higher side, a comprehensive MLS listing service package can cost as much as $1,500.
Each package comes with a multitude of features like enabling more photographs, and a-la-carte services and some even offer help with paperwork online. This post covered the top flat fee MLS companies in Illinois and you may choose as per your requirement.
» Want to know more? Check out these stellar Houzeo reviews to learn why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the best time to sell property in Illinois?
The best time to sell your property is April, May, June, and July. The weather is good and people want to buy houses before school starts.
How much do Flat Fee MLS services cost in Illinois?
They can cost anywhere between $200-$800 and will vary based on the packages you choose.
What is a Flat Fee MLS ?
Flat-fee MLS refers to the practice in the real estate industry of a seller entering into an "à la carte service agreement" with a real estate broker who accepts a flat fee rather than a percentage of the sale price for the listing side of the transaction.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Illinois. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
Which is the best Flat Fee MLS in Illinois ?
The best Flat Fee MLS in Illinois:
2. Mentor Listing Realtor
3. Flat Fee Realty
5. Prello Realty
as is real estate contract Illinois, sell your home yourself websites, best websites for fsbo