5 Hi-Tech Flat Fee MLS Michigan Listing Services That Are Changing The Game (2022 Updates)
Michigan is one of the prominent states in the United States. It has seen a downfall in the housing market but now, the demand is shooting up again. As per the updates, the house listings fell 7% from the last year.
We have ranked and reviewed the top 5 Flat Fee MLS Michigan listing companies, to help you make an informed choice.
In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Rankings: Michigan Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
- How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
- Reviews: Michigan Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
- Hidden Fees
- Final Note
- Frequently Asked Questions
Rankings: Michigan Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|3. Modern Way Realty||$395-$695||0.1%-0.5%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. Flat Fee Realty||$269||0.1%-0.25%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|5. Kermath Realty||$399-$998||3%-3.5%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
» Queen Advises: What is Flat Fee MLS?
How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
There are 2 types of costs related to a Fixed Fee MLS listing:
- Initial Flat Fee: You’ll have to pay an upfront fee to list your home on MLS. Usually, the initial fee ranges between $300 and $500.
- Closing Costs: Once a home seller strikes a deal and closes it, they have to pay a part of their equity on home inspection fee, title and home insurance fees, seller and buyer agent commissions, and home warranty as a closing cost of their property.
» Pro Tip: To know the most accurate closing cost estimate of your state or city, check out Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator.
Reviews: Michigan Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS Listing plans.
- Bronze (FREE): Yes. It’s Free! Just pay a $49 fee for the Houzeo yard sign, take a selfie, and get refunded.
- Silver: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Gold: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Is Houzeo Legit? Find out before investing!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform!
- No Listing Commission: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo offers up-to-the-minute technology to give you a smooth ride from list to close. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience!
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find Out what sellers said about Houzeo!
👑 We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan priced for an easy and quick listing. The full-service Platinum plan is a great option for first-time FSBO sellers who need expert guidance.
👉 Is Houzeo Good? Find out here!
2. Kernath Realty
Kermath Realty offers 3 Flat Fee plans for FSBO sellers.
- Bronze Package – $199: In this basic plan your listing is live for 6 months along with 6 photos. You also get a yard sign, printable flyers, and buyer leads directly.
- Silver Package – $299: In this plan, you get everything from the Bronze package with a 12-month listing term and 35 photos. You will also get 3 open house postings and a virtual tour of your property.
- Gold Package – $998: This is an upgraded plan with 50 photos and unlimited open houses. You also get an unlimited listing period which means your home can stay on the MLS until sold.
👉 Kermath Realty offers a full-service plan priced at $500 plus a 3%-4% fee at closing.
Kermath Realty is a regional company and works well for Michigan home sellers.
- Experienced Agent: Jeff Kermath is a licensed real estate broker in Washtenaw County. He has over 3 decades of experience with the local Michigan market. Sellers looking for someone close to home can benefit from Jeff’s expertise.
- Wide-range of Plans: The price range for Kermath Realty plans falls between $199 – $998. This means you can choose based on your budget limitation.
👉 Kermath Realty has a 4.3-star rating from 67 reviews on Google.
Kermath Realty has a few shortcomings that can cost a new FSBO seller.
- Limited Agent support: You do not get any assistance from a licensed real estate professional in the basic plans. First-time sellers will have to shell out over $1,000 for any assistance required.
- Out-dated Website: As a regional company, Kermath Realty has not bothered much with tech. There is no seller’s dashboard or free mobile app for easy management of your listing.
👑 We recommend the Silver Package by Kermath Realty for Michigan sellers who want local expertise. However, new FSBO sellers will require professional assistance. Opt for Houzeo’s platinum plan instead.
3. Modern Way Realty
Modern Way Realty has 1 basic and 1 full-service Flat Fee plan for FSBO sellers.
- Basic Package – $395: This is a ‘do it yourself’ package that includes a 6-month listing term with 25 photos. You also get real estate forms and disclosures, buyer lead forwarding, and a closing costs calculator.
- Premium Package – $795: In this plan, you get everything from the basic package plus a dedicated agent. The agent will help you from sale to close.
Here is what you pay for add-ons:
- Lockbox: $35
- CMA Reports: $35
- For Sale Sign: $35
Modern Way Realty can be a decent option for Michigan FSBO sellers.
- 100% Paperless: All required listing paperwork is generated online and sent to you by email to sign electronically.
- Personal Property Page: You can share your listing’s customized URL with friends and on social media to attract potential buyers.
- Dedicated Agent: If you pay for the expensive premium plan you will be assigned a dedicated agent. The agent will help support you from listing to closing.
👉 Modern Way Realty has a 5-star rating from 95 total reviews on Google.
There are a few drawbacks with Modern Way Realty that can cost new sellers.
- Short Listing Term: Both plans allow for only a 6-month listing period with just 25 maximum photos. You will have to shell out $395-$795 if you need to relist your property.
- Expensive Assistance: If you need assistance and support you must buy the premium plan priced at $795. Most first-time sellers will require professional advice!
👑 We recommend the Premium Package priced at $795 for first-time home sellers. Experienced sellers can go with the basic. However, Modern Way Realty only covers Michigan. Sellers outside the Wolverine State should go with Houzeo.
4. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty provides a single MLS package with varying costs as per the state.
- A listing term of 6 months with 6 photos is service included in the flat fee package. Your properties get syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. Free listing enhancements and state disclosures come as well.
👉 Any changes you wish to make to your listing photos must be purchased separately. For $50, you can add up to 25 photos.
Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS substitute where it provides direct services.
- Changes Made Simple: You can freely adjust your status and price with Flat Fee Realty. They enable correcting any minor problems found after the listing becomes live.
- Easy Cancellation: Within 30 days of your purchase, you can cancel and receive a refund. You can get a refund for some of your listing fees if you decide not to sell your home. There are no refunds after their broker has finished the listing process.
- Market Exposure: Real estate listings appear on Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. You can advertise your home on all the major websites you choose to reach the ideal purchasers.
- Free Disclosures: Similar to taxes, documentation is a crucial selling point. For all states, Flat Fee Realty provides free disclosures.
In our analysis, Flat Fee Realty has some significant red flags.
- Non-customizable Packages: The listing bundle offered by Flat Fee Realty does not allow any modification. The package’s one-size-fits-all design restricts the possibilities you can choose from.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: At closing, Flat Fee Realty takes a commission of 0.25%. They claim the buyer agent is responsible for paying this, but the seller pays the entire commission.
👑 Flat Fee Realty is an excellent choice if having a budget-friendly strategy is important to you. They do, however, charge more for optional enhancements like extra photographs.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: This is a basic listing plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months.
- MLS Package – $399: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
⚔️ Most $99 plans are clickbait! Proceed with caution.
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some red flags with FSBO.com.
- Not Fully Online: The company shares your information with a local broker who lists your property. There is no online automation therefore you must complete all the paperwork manually.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to simplify your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: You are not aware of which local broker will do your listing. FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Fees for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Costly Customization: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat Fee MLS service providers.
FSBO.com is available in all 50 states. You can list your home on FSBO and save on the listing agent commission.
However, you should be aware that a la carte fees might go to a maximum of $335! For example, you will have to pay an extra fee of $75 and $150 if you want to use the CSS showing service and e-lockbox rental.
👑 The Queen recommends the $399 MLS package. The package offers maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Moreover, your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more.
Homecoin offers a single Flat Fee plan which requires many upgrades!
- Flat Fee MLS Listing – $95: This is a barebones MLS listing service with a 12-month listing term. Here is what you will pay for the additional services:
- Listing Changes: $5 per change
- Lockbox: $125
- Photography: $100+
- Sign Post: $99
- Real estate forms help: Varies
⚔️ Most $95 plans are clickbait. You will have to buy essential services for your listing separately.
Homecoin can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Simple Listing Option: Experienced home sellers who understand the complications of a real estate transaction may opt for Homecoin’s $95 listing plan.
- Online Paperwork: You can complete all the required paperwork online for a quick listing.
👉 Homecoin has a 4.6-star rating from 51 total Google reviews.
Homecoin has several shortcomings!
- Clickbait Alert: The $95 plan may seem like a steal deal but in reality, it is a honeytrap. Once you opt for the cheap plan you will quickly realize that it is only a minimal listing option. For everything else, you must pay extra!
- Missing Features: Several key features like showing service, contract reviews, inspections, etc are not available in many cities that Homecoin covers. If they are available you must shell out $400 – $3,000 for the services.
- Suboptimal Tech: Although Homecoin claims to be 100% online the tech is pretty basic. The dashboard is clunky and does not auto-populate your listing data.
👉 Homecoin Reviews: Read the detailed review before investing.
👑 We do not recommend Homecoin. Most FSBO sellers will need additional assistance. With Homecoin you will end up spending way more than anticipated, especially if you need extra support.
Hidden Fees in Flat Fee MLS Listing Companies
Some companies are not upfront about their fees. These hidden costs could go up to thousands of dollars and have a significant impact on your savings. They might say that they take a fixed fee but might charge you a percentage of commission at the time of closing.
We have compiled a list of the average hidden fees that may be charged by some Flat Fee MLS listing services.
|Types of Hidden Fees||Cost||Description|
|1. Cancellation Fees||$50-$200||If you need to cancel your listing, you need to pay cancellation charges. However, some companies do allow free cancellation, if you cancel before your listing goes live. |
Example: Flat Fee Group charges $25 for cancellation.
|2. Listing Changes Charge||$25-$50||If you need to make any changes to your listing, companies charge extra for that.
Example: Flat Fee Multiple Listing Access charges $10 for listing updates.
|3. Expensive Listing Upgrades||$50-$100||If you need to add more photos to your listing, post an open house or avail a showing management tool, you will be charged extra for these upgrades by some Flat Fee MLS service providers.
Example: Congress Realty charges $50 for listing extension; whereas List With Freedom charges $25 for Open House postings and $59 for Showing Scheduler.
|4. Additional Upgrades||$50-$200||Any service that is not part of the package you sign up for. These are additional services that you need to pay for separately, i.e, Photography, Market Research, Contract Review, etc.
Example: Flat Fee Group which offers pro photography at $290.
|5. Expensive Yard Signs||$100-$150+ $120 (deposit)||Expensive charge for yard signs, even though these yard signs are given on a rental basis.
Example: Homecoin charges $99 for a rental yard sign.
|6. Lockbox Charges||$100-$200||Lockboxes are given on rental for a small charge. However, some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a huge sum as lockbox rental fees.
Example: Homecoin charges $125 for lockbox even though it is on a rental basis.
|7. Commission at Closing||0.1-0.5%||Some Flat Fee MLS companies charge a commission at the time of closing, as a hidden seller agent fee. This fee is often undisclosed and charged to the seller once they close a deal. Sometimes this fee is also masked as a compliance fee.
Example: Flat Fee Realty which charges 0.1%- 0.25% at closing in some states.
|8. Flat Fee at Closing||$750||Fixed Fee companies charge an additional flat fee at closing which is not mentioned upfront.
Example: FlatFeeMLSRealty which charges a flat fee at closing ($350 + $400)
|9. Escrow Charges||$1K-$2K||Some Flat Rate companies charge for escrow at the time of closing.
Example: Vegas Flat Fee charges $995 compliance fees at closing
|10. Seller Disclosures||$100-$200||State-required seller disclosures are unavoidable. Few companies charge for this service as well.
Example: Yager Realty has seller disclosure feature only in their premium packages. Since seller disclosures are imperative to listing, you need to only go for their premium packages!
|11. Application Fees||$50-$100||Few companies charge non-refundable application fees.
Example: List with Freedom charges $50 as application fee.
Note: This table is a generic list of all the hidden charges that various Flat Fee MLS companies charge. It will vary depending on the company you choose.
While some of these services are mentioned in their a-la-carte services, if you still need a lot of support for selling your house, you might need to consider going with a realtor.
💡 Queen’s Counsel: Everything you need to know about Flat Fee MLS Michigan
Michigan Housing Market Trends
According to the reports, the current housing market in experiencing fierce competition due to a recent downfall. The median home values in Michigan are $223,849.
The market is expected to grow up, and leave the pandemic hit behind. So, it is better to keep yourself ready to list a property on MLS and join the race.
In Michigan, if you would go with a flat rate MLS service, it will cost you between $229-$998 but that’s only an average price. On the lower side, you can buy an MLS listing package for $229 and on the higher side, a comprehensive MLS listing service package can cost as much as $998.
This guide has covered the top fixed fee MLS companies in Michigan. You may choose the one which suits your requirement.
» Want to learn more? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews to find out why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which are the top Flat Fee MLS listing companies in Michigan?
The best Flat rate MLS listing companies in Michigan are:
3. Modern Way Realty
4. Flat Fee Realty
5. Kermath Realty
What is a flat fee deal?
It is a deal where the best platforms like Houzeo charge you a fixed price and give you multiple features in its exchange. The flat fee MLS services in Michigan do not charge on a commission basis.
How much does it cost to use flat fee MLS?
In Michigan, the listing cost depends upon the platform you choose to list your property on MLS. It costs you between $229 to $998, depending upon the plan you decide to go with.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Yes, is legal all over the United States, including in Michigan. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for 'For Sale By Owner' home sellers.
What is the major difference between a Flat Fee MLS service company and a Traditional Agent?
A traditional broker commission model is usually 6% on closing which is going to cost more for you as home seller. A Flat Fee MLS Michigan listing service on the other hand, asks you a flat fee instead.
Related Keywords: michigan mls listings, mls listing michigan, mls real estate listings michigan, mls home listings michigan, mls rental listings michigan, best for sale by owner mls listing service, best site for sale by owner homes