Did you know New Yorkers sold more homes by owner than sellers in any other state?
From New York to Buffalo, New York home sellers save thousands on commission by selling their homes themselves. High-tech For Sale By Owner (FSBO) websites in New York make it easy for sellers to save thousands in agent commissions.
The best FSBO sites are 100% online, provide maximum exposure via the MLS, and have stellar customer reviews.
The Power of FSBO ⚡
- FSBOs on the Rise: 36% of millennials and 26% of Gen Xers listed their homes FSBO, per Zillow.
- FSBOs Sell Faster: 77% of FSBO properties sold in less than 2 weeks, according to NAR. Agent-assisted homes spent a median of 3 weeks on the market.
- FSBOs on MLS Sell for More: As per Bright MLS, homes listed on MLS sell faster and for up to 17% more.
- Bottom Line: Houzeo.com is the best FSBO site to list your home by owner. Houzeo offers maximum exposure and massive savings for FSBO sellers. Home sellers have saved over $20,000 in commissions with Houzeo.
For Sale By Owner means you sell your house yourself, without any assistance from an agent. You manage everything – from listing to closing – on your own. There are two types of FSBO sites that help you list your home without a realtor:
- Paid For Sale By Owner Websites: All Paid FSBO websites will get you listed on the MLS– the most powerful tool to market your home. Homes listed on the MLS get syndicated to 100+ real estate websites. These include Zillow, Realtor, Trulia, Redfin, and more.
- Free For Sale By Owner Websites: Free FSBO sites will limit your listing exposure to just those websites. No MLS exposure means less competition for your property, and thus a lower sale price for you.
We have spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing For Sale By Owner websites in the Big Apple. Here are our rankings.
Overview: 7 Best For Sale By Owner Websites in New York
|FSBO Webiste||Listing Fee||100% Online||MLS Access||Showing Management||Offer Management||Nationwide Coverage||5-Star Rating|
|3. List With Freedom||$295 + 0.25%||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Net Realty Now||$299||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|8. Facebook Marketplace||$0||❌||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|9. LoopNet||$2,499/ month||✅||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
4 Best Paid For Sale By Owner Websites in New York
Here are the top For Sale By Owner sites that offer paid listings.
1. Houzeo.com: New York’s Most Advanced FSBO Site
Houzeo is a 100% online FSBO website. You can list on MLS within 12 business hours. Houzeo’s advanced tech helps you manage your listing, offers, showings, inspections, and closings. It has a 4.9 out of 5 ratings.
Houzeo offers affordable FSBO MLS listing packages:
- Bronze – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver – $399+: This plan includes everything offered in the Bronze package. Additionally, you can make unlimited listing changes, get a custom yard sign, and access Houzeo Showings and Houzeo Offers.
- Gold – $379+ 0.5% at Closing: This plan includes everything offered in the Silver plan. You also get federal and state disclosures, a personal concierge, call forwarding, and more. It is Houzeo’s most advanced package.
- Platinum – $349+ 1% at Closing: This is the ultimate plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker who’ll help you until closing.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy! Confirm all prices on the state’s pricing page before you list.
Houzeo is the best For Sale By Owner website in the U.S., and here’s why:
- 100% Online: Houzeo is tech-centric. For you, this means easy listings, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- Maximum Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum visibility for your FSBO property.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo, you save at least 3% on listing agent commissions. The company discloses all costs upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Stellar Customer Review: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,112 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
Houzeo’s services are limited in Wyoming, South Dakota, and West Virginia. This means your listings may not get updated in 12 hours and may not get maximum exposure.
» Houzeo Complaints: Find out if there are any serious complaints about Houzeo.
ISoldMyHouse.com is a real estate website that has been operating since 1997. They have the following packages available:
- Get Listed Package – $299+: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6-10 photos.
- Get Sold Package – $399: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos.
Coverage in 8 States: ISoldMyHouse.com, through its affiliate, Get Listed Realty, provides real estate services in Connecticut, Georgia, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., ISoldMyHouse will only be selling your information as a lead to local brokers.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend ISoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it services itself. If you’re in one of these states, we suggest the “Get Sold” plan. Photos sell properties, so it’s important to get more than 6 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is a good choice in the 8 states where it offers services.
- Experienced Broker: The owner of iSoldMyHouse, Kris Lippi is an experienced real estate broker. Kris is one of the few brokers with great expertise in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Robust Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has good reviews on trusted websites like Google and BBB.
» ISoldMyHouse.com Pros and Cons: Read further for more pros and cons of ISoldMyHouse.com
There are a few negatives with iSoldMyHouse.com
- Leads Sold to Local Brokers in 42 States and DC: iSoldMyHouse.com offers services in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, it sells your information to a local broker. Then, a local broker will contact you to list your property. You don’t get any listing assistance or customer care support in these 42 states + DC.
- Slow Listing & Time to Make Changes High: In the 42 states + DC where it does not provide its services, it sells your information to a local broker. Due to this your listing on the MLS and other FSBO paperwork gets delayed.
- Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse is low on tech. You have to review offers and manage inspections manually. It also does not offer a mobile app.
- Limited Coverage: I Sold My House currently serves in only 8 states. You will have to check if their packages are available in your area.
3. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom is a fully licensed broker that offers flat fee MLS services.
Packages: List With Freedom offers 4 FSBO packages.
- Gold Package – $149: This is the basic plan with 6 photos and a 6-month listing term. You have the option to add an online showing service, open house, and virtual tour for additional fees.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload 25 photos instead of 6 photos on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and maximum photo uploads. However, you must pay an additional 0.25% fee on Closing.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend ListwithFreedom only for experienced home sellers looking for an FSBO MLS listing.
Here are the advantages of listing with List With Freedom:
- Quick Listing: Listwithfreedom makes sense for experienced home sellers on a tight budget. The listing process is completely online. Your listing will be live within 24-48 hours!
- Unlimited Listing Changes: Unlimited changes allow you to create the best possible listing that will attract potential buyers.
- Affordable Pricing: Listings with List With Freedom start at $149.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded: All buyer leads are given to you directly, without the participation of an agency.
Listwithfreedom has certain red flags that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Fees: The word ‘deceptive’ has come up a few times in Listwithfreedom customer reviews. The 0.1% – 0.25% commission cost is not mentioned upfront on the pricing page!
- Not for First-time Sellers: Listwithfreedom does not offer much assistance when required. New home sellers can easily feel lost without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
👉 Should you List with Listwithfreedom? Read a detailed analysis before making your final choice.
4. Net Realty Now
Net Realty Now offers 2 Flat Fee MLS packages and a Full Service listing package for the states they provide services.
- Flat Fee MLS Package – $299: This package provides a 6-month listing period and 36 photos, virtual tours of the house, and unlimited changes to your listing.
- Full-Service Flat Fee MLS Package – $1,299: This package allows listings across 83 affiliated websites both national and local. The charges are upfront and no hidden fees are charged at closing.
- Full-Service Seller Representation – 1% – 2% of Listing Fees: You will be charged 3% – 4.5% of commissions. Your listings are marketed on 85 real estate websites as well as on their social media platforms.
Coverage in 4 States: Net Realty Now provides services in New York, Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Flat Fee MLS Package priced at $299. It includes all the services a homeowner looks for!
» Thomas Hennerty Net Realty Now: Thomas and Net Realty Now has good customer reviews and a reputation in the market.
NetRealtyNow.com is a good Flat Fee MLS option in the 4 states where it provides services directly.
- Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: Thomas and company are known for their absolutely first-class services. He has a great sense of the market and how things work. One of the past sellers had received a solid sale contract within 2 days of listing with Net Realty Now.com.
- Good Customer Reviews: Tom and his team at Net Realty Now respond to their clients promptly and always go the extra mile to maintain integrity.
- High Credibility: Net Realty Now lists between 500 to 600 properties every year out of these over 60% of properties sell within the initial listing term.
- Unlimited Changes: You are allowed to make unlimited changes to your listing for free.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: Buyer leads are sent to the homeowners directly to limit broker participation in the sale.
- Online Paperwork: The full-service package offers fully electronic paperwork from listing to closing.
- Comparable Sales Report: It also provides a CMA report which helps you price your property competitively.
The only turn-downs we found about Net Realty Now is their limited coverage. It serves only in four states prominently. Thomas has a stellar reputation within the broker community and also among his clients.
NetRealtyNow.com LLC has 4.7 out of 5-star ratings from 21 total reviews on Zillow.
4 Best For Sale By Owner Sites for Free Listings in New York
Here are the top 3 free websites to list homes For Sale By Owner in New York:
ForSaleByOwner.com is a popular FSBO listing site that claims to have 7 times more traffic than other websites.
- “Do It Yourself” FSBO Package – $0: Your property gets listed on ForSaleByOwner.com for free.
- Closing Assistance Package – $495: With this FSBO listing package you get a licensed real estate advisor from Rocket Homes to assist you during closing. The real estate advisor will help you navigate the home inspection, title, appraisal, and closing process.
👉 Our Take: We recommend listing for free as FSBO on ForSaleByOwner.com to get added exposure.
» ForSaleByOwner.com Reviews: Is it the best FSBO Listing Website?
An FSBO listing on ForSaleByOwner.com offers the following benefits:
- Higher Traffic than Other FSBO Sites: ForSaleByOwner.com claims that it receives x7 more traffic than other For Sale By Owner websites. This can offer added exposure for your FSBO home.
The following aspects of ForSaleByOwner.com can affect your FSBO sale negatively:
- You are a Lead for Rocket Homes: Your information will be sold to Rocket Homes’ agents. They might lure you to use Rocket Homes’ services.
- You are Required to Enter Credit Card Details: Some customers complained that ForSaleByOwner.com required them to furnish their credit card details even for their free FSBO listing.
- No MLS Listing Plan: ForSaleByOwner .com gives you only 2 options, either a free web listing or closing assistance from a Rocket Homes agent.
ForSaleByOwner.com has a 3.2 out of 5 stars rating on Best Company.
Zillow is America’s biggest real estate marketplace. Trulia, another popular for sale by owner website was acquired by Zillow in 2005.
- Free FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your homes for free on Zillow.
- MLS Listing via Zillow Premier Agent – 3% Commission: A Zillow Premier listing agent will help you list and sell your home. But, this is a traditional way of selling your home where you would pay a 3% listing commission.
👉 Our Recommendation: We do not recommend listing your home FSBO on Zillow. An FSBO listing via Zillow will give your property very less exposure and your data will be under threat.
» Zillow Reviews: Should You List Your Home FSBO on Zillow?
Zillow offers the following benefits to FSBO home sellers:
- It is the Biggest Real Estate Website: With over 60 million monthly visitors, Zillow is the biggest real estate website in the US.
- Real-time Upgrades: All listing changes on Zillow are reflected immediately. You need not wait for the listing agent to do it for you.
- Zillow Listings Look More Appealing: Unlike other clunky FSBO sites, Zillow For Sale By Owner listings look visually more appealing.
As per our research, here are some aspects of Zillow that affect your FSBO sale negatively:
- FSBO Listings are Hidden: Zillow hides FSBO listings under the “Other Listings” section on Zillow’s website. So, your listing will get lesser visibility.
- Buyers Cannot Contact You Directly: Zillow doesn’t display owner information. Buyers trying to contact you will be matched with a Zillow agent. So, you will be on the hook to pay the 3% commission to the buyer agent.
- You Might Get Unsolicited Calls: Listing agents scour properties on Zillow to get homeowners’ information. You might receive several unsolicited calls from listing agents asking you to list with them.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Home sellers have mentioned some serious negative reviews about Zillow on Trustpilot. These include inaccurate home valuation through Zestiamte, poor customer service, data theft, etc.
Craigslist is the biggest classified website that holds incredible traffic of 90+ million visitors. Craigslist has a separate section dedicated to all housing and real estate listings.
- FSBO Listing on Craigslist – $0: You get a free For Sale By Owner listing on Craigslist. You need to upload the property details, description, real estate photographs, listing price, and other details.
👉 Our Recommendation: Craigslist is a good free option for added exposure outside MLS or real estate websites. But it is a playground for scammers, so add limited information related to your property.
» Selling a House on Craigslist: Everything You Need to Know.
Here are some highlights of Craigslist worth mentioning:
- Your Home Will Get Good Exposure: Craigslist has more than 140 million visitors per month. This can offer good visibility to your property.
During our research, we came across the following cons of Craigslist:
- No FSBO Tools: Unlike other FSBO sites, Craigslist is a classified website. Therefore, you won’t get any high-tech tools to manage your home sale. Craigslist will only help you market your property.
- You Can Get Scammed: Fraudsters and scammers make bogus offers on FSBO properties listed on Craigslist. Beware if you get an offer that’s too good to be true.
- You Might Get Lowballed: Multiple home sellers have complained about receiving lowball offers from cash home buyers and real estate investors.
- Poor Customer Review: Most customer reviews mention Craigslist scams and frauds. Some sellers have even described Craigslist as a “Scam Heaven.”
8. Facebook Marketplace
Facebook is so much more than just another social media platform. It offer free FSBO real estate listing in its ‘Property for Sale’ section.
- FSBO Listing on Facebook Marketplace – $0: You can list For Sale By Owner for free with some property details and photographs.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend you combine a Facebook Marketplace listing with an MLS listing. This will give your property exposure beyond the MLS and MLS-syndicated websites.
Though Facebook Marketplace is not an FSBO site, it offers the following benefit:
- Facebook has Millions of Users: Millions of Facebook users can view your property listing. So, your home will get plenty of exposure other than MLS syndicated websites.
Here are some points about Facebook Marketplace that can affect your home selling negatively:
- Data Threat: Hackers can steal your personal information. Make sure you check your privacy settings and keep limited information accessible to the public.
- No FSBO Tools: Unlike other FSBO sites, Facebook Marketplace is a social media platform. Therefore, you won’t get any high-tech tools to manage your home sale. Facebook Marketplace will only help you market your property.
Facebook Marketplace has a rating of 3.2 stars out of 1,881 reviews on Sitejabber.
2 Best FSBO Sites for Niche Listings in New York
Here are the top FSBO sites to sell properties other than condos, townhouses, and single-family homes.
9. LoopNet: Commercial Real Estate Listing Website
LoopNet is a commercial real estate app that searches for properties to buy or lease. Its large listing database has a range of search filters but lacks the tools users might expect from a real estate app.
- Silver Package – $129/month: With this package, you can reach tenants, investors, and brokers with exposure on LoopNet, CityFeet, and Showcase.
- Gold Package – $649/month: This package includes professional photography to accentuate your commercial property’s listing.
- Platinum Package – $1,249/month: With this package, your listings get crafted by a dedicated LoopNet marketing professional. Additionally, you get 3D tours with this package.
- Diamond Package – $2,449/month: You get a targeted digital marketing strategy along with professional architectural imagery, videography, and 3D tours.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend listing on LoopNet if you have a big marketing budget for your commercial property. Otherwise, list it on the MLS with a Flat Fee MLS listing company.
» How to List on MLS: Learn How to List Your Commerical Property on the MLS.
LoopNet offers the following benefits to commercial FSBO sellers:
- User-Friendly Interface: LoopNet is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
- Primary Resource for CRE: LoopNet is one of the most widely recognized names in Commercial Real Estate and is a top resource for finding listed commercial properties. The listing service is free with opportunities to add on premium marketing services.
- You Can Monitor and Alter Your Marketing Strategy: LoopNet provides its users with digital tools through which they can monitor the click count for their property listings and alter their marketing strategy accordingly.
The following is the major drawback of the LoopNet FSBO site:
- LoopNet FSBO Listings are Expensive: The company charges a hefty monthly fee to list your FSBO commercial property. Their Diamond Package which is considered to be their best For Sale By Owner Package can burn a hole in your pocket.
LoopNet is rated 3.4 stars out of 81 reviews on G2.
10. LandFlip: FSBO Listing Site for Land Sellers
Landflip is a marketplace where For Sale By Owner sellers can list their lands and market to 1M+ land buyers.
Packages: Landflip offers 4 listing plans to sell FSBO lands:
- Essential Plan – $80/month: This plan is only for lands listed For Sale By Owner. Depending on the type and size, you can list up to 5 lands on any one of Landflip’s network websites. You can add up to 10 photos/listing.
- Premium Plan – $100/month: This plan is for land companies, investors, or brokers. You can list up to 50 lands, with up to 25 photos/listing. This plan comes with a buyer notification feature, and the option to upload Google Map locations and a YouTube Video.
- Pro Plan – $150/month: You can list over 100 land properties with 50 photos/listing. This plan includes everything offered in the Premium Plan. Additionally, you get plot boundaries, virtual tours, real-time SMS leads, telephonic customer support, and more.
- Pro+ Plan – $300/month: With Pro+ Plan, you can list over 200 lands with 50 photos/listing. This plan includes everything offered by Pro Plan in addition to comparable sales data, and listing data feed.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Landflip for real estate investors who deal in multiple properties simultaneously. Whereas, non-business FSBO land sellers should get on the MLS to advertise their For Sale By Owner lands.
Following are the highlights of Landflip’s FSBO listings:
- Ideal for Real Estate Investors: Landflip allows sellers to list multiple types of land. This makes Landflip’s FSBO plans ideal for real estate investors, flippers, auctioneers, agents, etc.
- FSBO Listing Plans are Affordable: Multiple property listings starting from $80/month make Landflip FSBO listing plans affordable.
The following are the cons of listing homes For Sale By Owner on Landflip:
- Non-uniform Exposure to FSBO Listings: The level of visibility your listing receives is directly proportional to the plan you purchase. This is a way to tempt sellers to purchase a more expensive plan.
We could not find enough customer reviews for Landflip on credible review sites.
How to Choose a For Sale By Owner Site in New York?
Here are the questions you should ask before choosing where to list your home For Sale By Owner:
- Does the FSBO listing site offer an MLS listing?
- How much is the cost to list your house in New York?
- What types of properties does the particular FSBO site list?
- Will your listing be syndicated to other real estate websites in New York?
- Does the FSBO site offer additional listing features? These may include lead forwarding, unlimited listing changes, etc.
- Is there any hidden fee?
Alternatives to For Sale By Owner Websites in New York
Selling a house yourself can be overwhelming. If you think FSBO is not the right option for you. You should consider the below options:
- Discount Broker or Low Commission Agent: If you want to save on agent commission, a low-commission real estate agent offers you the same services for a lower commission rate. Likewise, a flat rate or discount real estate broker in New York offers all the services for a discounted flat rate. An agent will assist you from list to close, including negotiations and paperwork.
- Cash Home Buyer: New York cash home buyers make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. These companies help you skip the hassle that a real estate transaction involves.
- iBuyer: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad have been known to offer a property’s FMV in the past. However, in 2023’s slow market, many iBuyers are predicted to offer significantly less for your home than retail buyers.
What is the Best FSBO Website?
The best For Sale By Owner websites offer:
- Maximum exposure to your house at an affordable price, and
- Provide prompt customer support whenever you need it.
Houzeo offers both of these. New York’s Flat Fee MLS listing service gets you listed on the MLS – the most powerful platform to market your home. Additionally, your FSBO listing gets syndicated to 100+ real estate websites. Houzeo has a 4.9-star rating across major review sites.
Houzeo also offers various FSBO tools like Houzeo Offers, Houzeo Mobile App, and Houzeo Showings to manage your home selling journey yourself. Read Houzeo reviews to know more about Houzeo and why it’s the best FSBO website in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I list my home For Sale By Owner for free in New York?
You can list your home For Sale By Owner (FSBO) for free on free FSBO listing sites. Some of the best free For Sale By Owner websites are:
3. Facebook Marketplace
Check out our rankings for the best For Sale By Owner free listing sites that help you save thousands in real estate commissions.
2. What are the best free FSBO sites in New York?
The best free FSBO sites are Zillow, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace. They have million monthly visitors and offer good exposure to FSBO homes.
3. What are the best paid For Sale By Owner websites in New York?
The best paid For Sale By Owner websites are Houzeo, FSBO.com, and Fizber.com. They offer MLS exposure to your house at affordable rates.
4. Is FSBO a good idea?
Yes, FSBO is a good idea. Selling your home For Sale By Owner helps you save thousands of dollars in real estate commissions. According to NAR research, 77% of FSBO homes sell in less than two weeks. Here's a comprehensive guide on how to sell your home FSBO.
5. How to sell your house in 2023?
If you want to sell your home in 2023, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.