If you’re selling your house in North Carolina, you need to list it on the MLS. The MLS is the most powerful tool to sell and buy homes in North Carolina.
Only real estate agents have access to the MLS. But as a home seller, you don’t have to pay thousands in listing commission to an agent to list and sell your home. There are 4 options how you can list on MLS:
- List Yourself via a FSBO Website (Most Recommended): Some of the best FSBO sites will let you list and sell your home yourself. And in doing so, you’ll save thousands in commission!
- List on a Flat Fee MLS Service: A Flat Fee MLS service will get you on the MLS for a flat fee, with no listing commission.
- List with a Discount Broker: Discount Brokers charge anywhere from 0.5% to 2% in commission. Here’s our ranking of America’s best discount real estate brokers.
- List with a Traditional Agent (Least Recommended): A traditional real estate agent will charge you a full 2.5% to 3% commission. Plus they can be old school, with manual and inefficient processes.
Home prices in North Carolina are rising but are expected to reduce further as the year progresses. So, if you want to sell your house in North Carolina, now is the time!
MLS is Key for Sellers 💯
- Most homes in the North Carolina sell via the MLS. The MLS gives you unparalleled exposure to both buyer agents and buyers.
- Homes on MLS sold for 17% more than non-MLS listed homes, according to a Bright MLS study. MLS homes also sold faster.
- MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites giving your property critical exposure.
- There are 600+ MLS’ in the U.S. It is critical you list on your local MLS. This ensures your listing is viewable to your local buyer agents.
What is the MLS in Real Estate?
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is a database that enables real estate agents and brokers to list and view homes for sale. An MLS listing includes all the information about your property, such as its price, description, and photos.
The homes listed on MLS are syndicated to various online real estate websites. This amplifies the exposure your property gets.
Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. Consequently, only real estate agents can create MLS listings.
» List with Houzeo in North Carolina: List on MLS by owner with Houzeo.com without a real estate agent license.
Benefits of Listing a Home on MLS
Listed below are some of the benefits of listing on the MLS in North Carolina:
- Get Maximum Exposure: When you list on MLS, your listing gets syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and Realtor.com. This boosts your property’s visibility to potential buyers.
- Market to Buyer Agents: According to NAR, 86% of home buyers purchased their homes through a buyer agent last year. Listing on MLS is the most effective way to market your property to potential buyers.
- Incentivize the Buyer Agent: As mentioned above, buyer agents are involved in most real estate transactions. The MLS allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission.
- You Can Sell Faster: Homes listed on MLS are sold 17% faster than those that were not listed on MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS listing?
A flat fee MLS listing service will list your house on the North Carolina MLS at a flat rate. Unlike hiring RE agents, you can skip paying a hefty sum as a commission with a flat fee MLS service.
There are two types of flat fee services:
- MLS Entry-Only Services: They only list your home on North Carolina MLS for you. Some might also syndicate it to other websites like Zillow and Trulia.
- MLS Packages: They provide additional services, besides listing on the MLS, like photography, yard signs, and showings.
Rankings: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Services to List on MLS Yourself in North Carolina:
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. United Brokers||$99-$295||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|3. LisT With Freedom||$295||0.1%||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|4. Carolina Realty Solutions||$375||0.1%||⛔||⛔||✅||⛔||⛔|
|5. Clickit Realty||$995||$50-$800||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
2. United Brokers
United Brokers has 3 Flat Fee MLS plans for you.
- Basic Package – $99: With the basic plan you get a listing term of 3 months with up to 6 photos. Plus free status change and direct buyer leads.
- Standard Package – $195: The listing term is 6 months with 16 photos on the MLS. Plus centralized showing and E-showing services.
- Enhanced Package – $295: The package is an upgraded version of the standard plan. With a 12-month listing term and the maximum number of photos allowed on the MLS.
Here are a few of the upgrades you can purchase separately:-
- Listing 6-Month Renewal: $100
- CVMLS (Central VA) Supra Lock-box: $100 + $100 Deposit
- Add Photos 1 to 5: $25
United Brokers can be a decent option for experienced FSBO sellers.
- Budget Listing Plans: United Brokers give you a range of plans, priced between $99-$295. They also offer a full-service plan at $775. You can choose as per your needs and budget constraints.
- Veteran Broker: Steve Toop, the managing broker at United Brokers LTD has over 3 decades of experience in the real estate space. He enjoys a great reputation within the broker community.
We did not come across any major red flags with United Brokers LTD. Steve’s expertise has helped a lot of FSBO sellers over the last decade.
We recommend the Enhanced plan, priced at $295. You add whatever else you need from the extensive a la carte menu.
3. List With Freedom
ListWithFreedom gives you a choice of 3 Flat Fee plans.
- Gold Package – $149: This basic plan offers a 6-month listing term with 6 photos. For an extra price, you may add an online showing service, an open house, and a virtual tour
- Platinum Package – $195: This is simply the basic plan rebranded with 25 photos instead of 6 on the MLS.
- Platinum Plus – $295: In this plan, you get all the upgrades from the basic plan plus the basic listing service.
👑 The Queen’s Take: List With Freedom’s packages are affordable. However, additional services like showings and open houses come with extra charges. Often, these services cost much less.
👉 Pros and Cons of List With Freedom: Check out the pros and cons of List With Freedom.
Listwithfreedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee platforms in the USA!
- Quick Listing: Listwithfreedom makes sense for experienced home sellers on a tight budget. The listing is completely done online. Your listing will be live within 24-48 hours!
- Unlimited Listing Changes: Unlimited changes allow you to create the best possible listing to attract potential buyers.
Listwithfreedom has certain drawbacks that can derail a smooth sale.
- Hidden Fees: The word ‘deceptive’ has come up a few times in Listwithfreedom customer reviews. The pricing page does not mention the 0.1% – 0.25% commission cost upfront.
- Not for First-time Sellers: Listwithfreedom does not offer much assistance when actually required. New home sellers can find it difficult without the guidance of experienced real estate professionals.
4. Carolina Realty Solutions
Carolina Realty Solutions provides one Flat fee MLS package and two full-service packages across North Carolina.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Program – $399: The package includes a listing term of 6 months which can be extended up to 2 years for free with 24 photos. It also includes a lockbox for realtor access, a yard sign, and showing management.
- $549 + 1% Full-Service Listing: The package offers 100% seller guidance from start to finish.
- 2% Full-Service Listing: No upfront fee. You have to pay 2% of your home sell price at the time of closing.
There are a few advantages of listing with Carolina Realty Solutions
- ShowingTime Services: With the ShowingTime app you can schedule house showings easily.
- Add-on Services Available: The package offers a yard sign and lockbox for the buyer’s agent.
- Listing Term Extension: You can extend the listing term for up to 2 years without any additional fee.
There are a few negatives of listing with Carolina Realty Solutions.
- High Commission Fee: You have to pay a 1% commission fee on closing even on the $549 package. And a 2% commission on closing if you opt for the Full-service Listing.
- No Connection with the Buyer: The website of Carolina Realty Solutions does not let you contact with buyers directly. This might cause misunderstandings between you and your prospective buyer!
- Limited Coverage: Carolina Realty does not cover the entire state of North Carolina. Your listing details are shared with local real estate brokers which delays your listing time.
Your property gets maximum exposure through Carolina Realty Solutions’ listing on the North Carolina MLS. They provide customized services at a decent price.
We recommend the $549 Full-Service Plan 1 by Carolina Realty Solutions. Their packages are best for local sellers looking for a customized real estate service. However, You should know that Carolina Realty is not available throughout Carolina.
5. Clickit Realty
Clickit Realty offers several packages, prices of which vary as per state.
- Common services in the package include a listing term of 6 months. All the packages offer access to free listing changes, state disclosures and contracts, and dynamic color flyers. Professional agents are also available for a free consultation.
Clickit Realty is available in all the states of the U.S.
- Great Exposure: Your property gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
- Money Return: If you want to list your property with a full-service broker, Clickit Realty refers you to a top broker and returns your money at the time of closing.
- Personalized Packages: With Clickit Realty, you can customize your package for a small extra fee.
- State Disclosures: You get all the necessary state disclosures, contracts, forms, and addendums.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All buyer leads are forwarded to you. So you can directly contact the buyers/agents.
- Connect with Real Estate Experts: With this service, you can connect with an agent for pricing support, advice, home upgrades needed, etc.
In our research, we found red flags with Clickit Realty.
- Poor Customer Service: Previous sellers have complained about the company’s bad customer service. Sellers expressed their disappointment even with the full-service plan.
- Not 100% Online: Clickit Realty is not fully online. Therefore, the process becomes manual and time-consuming.
- Extra Fees: The closing costs can vary significantly as per your state and the listing package you choose. You must budget for these costs if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Clickit Realty offers its services across the US. The company has connected independent, flat-fee real estate brokerages with sellers. They are licensed in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, and Connecticut.
However, they work with many flat-fee brokers in other states, so not every seller will have the same experience.
👑 Before choosing a package you should research the costs as per your state.
💡 Cheapest Ways to List on MLS: Paying 3% of the purchase price as real estate commission can become an unwelcomed expense if you are an experienced seller. We recommend opting for a Flat Fee MLS Package for listing For Sale By Owner on MLS.
How to List Your House on MLS in North Carolina?
You can list your house on North Carolina MLS using several methods, using a full service realtor or a Flat Fee MLS service. However, the steps to listing on the MLS are the same.
Here we can look through the basic steps of “how to list on the MLS”.
- Do Your Research: There are several ways to access the MLS, hiring a real estate agent is just one of them. You should know all your options before proceeding.
- Find What Suits You Best: Most companies offer a range of Flat Fee MLS listing packages, differing in features according to the seller’s experience, the listing term, and MLS coverage.
- Get Professional Photographs: 87% of buyers rely on photographs to make a decision. Accordingly, getting professionally clicked photos of your house can help you sell your house faster.
- Create a Listing: While creating a listing for your local MLS, go with a catchy headline, comprehensive description, and attractive photographs.
- Get listed on MLS: After finalizing these all prospects, forward the same to the listing agent and get your property listed on the MLS.
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in North Carolina
The cost of listing on the North Carolina MLS depends on the method you use. You can pick a full service agent or a flat fee MLS service.
A full service agent will require you to pay a seller agent commission of 2-3%. A flat fee MLS service will get you listed at a flat rate.
However, beware of hidden charges and fees at closing. Some sites may not be upfront about these costs.
Alternatives to Listing on MLS By Owner in North Carolina
There are alternative ways to List on the MLS By Owner, and they are as follows.
- Going Completely FSBO: ‘For Sale By Owner’ refers to selling real estate without the assistance of a real estate agent or broker. Many For Sale By Owner MLS listing services like Houzeo, Zillow, Craigslist, and ForSaleByOwner.com offer free listings on their respective websites.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: A discount real estate broker offers all the services that a traditional real estate agent does for a fraction of the cost. They typically sell your house for a 1% commission compared to the 2.5% to 3% charged by a traditional real estate agent charges.
» Creative Ways to Market an FSBO House: Find out 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale By Owner Homes.
How to List on MLS via Houzeo.com in North Carolina?
List your home on MLS via Houzeo.com in 4 simple steps!
- Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click on “Start Free Listing” at the top right corner.
- Add Information About the Property & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Houzeo offers 4 MLS listing packages. We recommend the GOLD package as it will give you access to all of Houzeo’s technologically advanced features, like listing management, scheduling showings, and offer and lead management.
- Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs will be automatically assigned to you based on your listing agent, property type, and local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
If everything is in order, your listing will be live on your local MLS within 24-48 hours!
Listing in the MLS in North Carolina is a great way to boost the sale of your property. However, it can be expensive as access to MLS is restricted to real estate agents.
Even if you are new to selling, listing on MLS for sale by owner with a Flat Fee MLS broker like Houzeo can gain you profit.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions about Listing on MLS
1. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in North Carolina?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US Department of Justice just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
2. Are Flat Fee Realtors good in North Carolina?
Some home sellers assume that since flat-fee realtors are working for lower fees they might not provide you with good services but there are thousands of home sellers who’ve already tried these flat-fee realtors and they have saved thousands of dollar with the best services!
3. Can I request to add open houses easily?
Our IntelliList Listing Management system makes requesting open houses to be added a breeze!
4. How much money can I actually save?
You can save up to 100% of the real estate commissions! With the Flat Fee MLS listing on Houzeo, you save the 3% listing agent commission. You’re obligated to pay the buyer’s agent the commission you offered if they’re represented by an agent, but if you procure a buyer with no agent involved, you can save even that!
» Houzeo Hidden Fees: Read further to know how much more you can save!
5. How to sell your house in 2023?
If you want to sell your home in 2023, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission.
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.
6. Do I need to sign a contract to list my home in North Carolina?
Yes, but these contracts for Flat Fee MLS listings are generally “entry-only”. That means they’re limited to the agent entering your listing into the MLS. And they can be canceled/terminated anytime with no penalty!
7. Can you list rentals on the MLS in North Carolina?
Yes, you can list rentals on the MLS. Listing rentals on the MLS can boost your visibility and give you a competitive edge. Accordingly, you can close the rental transaction faster.
Related: flat fee MLS in North Carolina, Selling a home without a North Carolina realtor, how to list on North Carolina mls, MLS free listing, MLS how to list, how to create an MLS listing, put home on MLS, how to list a property on MLS in NC, how to add listing to MLS, how to post on MLS, can anyone list on North Carolina MLS, list house on MLS, sell home MLS, list house on NC MLS, how to get your home on MLS, listing home on MLS, how to get your home in the MLS, What is MLS?,selling a house without a Realtor, fsbo NC MLS listing, how to get a North Carolina mls listing without a realtor.