If you are selling your home in Texas, the service of a Flat Fee MLS company is your best choice for maximum saving and exposure.
A Texas Realtor will charge you a 5%- 6% commission fee at closing. Say, your home costs around $500,000. A cool $25,000 will end up in the agent’s pocket. Whether selling a single-family home in Austin or a ranch in Dallas, you can save on hefty agent commissions with Flat Fee Listing companies in the Lone Star State.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Services
- Save Thousands of Dollars: Start your listing journey at just $349 and save on Realtor commission costs.
- Cancel Anytime: With a traditional Realtor, you must sign a year-long contract. You are stuck with them even if you end up despising their work ethics.
- No Hidden Costs: The traditional real estate market is stained with high hidden costs. A genuine Flat Fee platform like Houzeo will disclose all costs upfront.
- Quick Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours. Tech-Sites like Houzeo give you 100% online services, saving precious time and energy!
Rankings: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Texas
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Added Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Creekview Realty||$600-$1400||None||⛔||✅||✅||⛔||⛔|
|3. Texas MLS Broker||$175-$399||None||✅||✅||✅||⛔||⛔|
|4. Congress Realty||$299-$499||0.5 % at closing||✅||⛔||✅||⛔||⛔|
|5. Flat Fee By You||$45-$295||None||⛔||✅||⛔||⛔||⛔|
|6. Texas MLS Flat Fee||$168-$248||None||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔||⛔|
Reviews: 7 Flat Fee MLS Texas Companies
Houzeo offers 4 comprehensive Flat Fee MLS listing plans.
- Bronze – $349+: In this basic plan, you get a 6-month listing term with 24 photos. You get unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Silver – $199+: In the silver plan, you can list 24 photos for 6 months. You also get a yard sign and unlimited listing changes.
- Gold – $299+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package with tech features like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $179+: This is the ultimate flat fee plan with a 1-year listing term and virtual full-service from a licensed broker.
👉 Houzeo Reviews? Find out why Houzeo is America’s #1 MLS listing service!
Houzeo has the best tech available for a Flat Fee MLS platform. Check out Houzeo Reviews.
- Maximum Savings: With Houzeo you save at least 3% on listing agent commission. All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Advanced Tech: Houzeo’s tech is stellar. You get an intuitive seller’s dashboard, free mobile app, and 100% online paperwork.
- Maximum Exposure: Your home is listed on 100+ real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia. This ensures maximum eyeballs on your property.
- Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
👉 Houzeo Customer Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 5,000+ home sellers on Google reviews and Trustpilot.
In our research, we found no major red flags with Houzeo. Customers have consistently given positive reviews about their experience.
👉 Houzeo Complaints: Find out what sellers said about Houzeo!
📌 Texas Flat Fee MLS: In Texas, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $329. The Silver package costs $399, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
2. CREEKVIEW REALTY
Creekview Realty offers one expensive MLS listing package and one full-representation package.
- Basic Package – $600: It has a six-month listing duration. Additional services include realtor key box use, CSS scheduling service, yard sign, and all forms. The seller has the option of canceling at any time.
- Full-Representation Package – $1,400: All the services from the basic plan are included in the package. Also, sellers receive full-representation services, which cover contract discussions, aid with repairs, and other documentation.
If you are an inexperienced seller or anticipate a challenging sale, Creekview Realty can be a great choice. Here are a few of its benefits.
- Easy for First-Time Seller: Selling with them might be simple yet expensive if you are a beginner.
- Strong Customer Support: On Google Reviews, Creekview Realty has a stellar 4.8-star rating. This demonstrates that they offer their clients strong support.
- Full Coverage in Texas: The majority of Texas is covered by Creekview, which includes offices in Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston.
We discovered some major deal breakers with Creekview Realty during our study.
- Expensive Packages: Only two packages are available from Creekview Realty. Sellers can find a similar package for much less than the $600 package, so it’s hardly a terrific deal. You will also need to pay for other services like photos and a $100 deposit for a lockbox, so your total bill will most likely be more than $600. However, if you are willing to spend extra, Creekview Realty’s $1,400 full-service package may be a better option.
- Insufficient Information on their Website: The Creekview Realty website does not specify how many photos or updates you can make to your listing.
We recommend their $1,400 Full-Representation Package. The extra help comes at a cost, though.
3. TEXAS MLS BROKER
Texas MLS Broker has 3 Flat Fee MLS packages for sellers.
- Standard Listing – $275: Includes a 3-month listing duration and 12 photos. Additional features include online broker support and syndication to over 90 websites.
- Premium Listing – $375: Includes a 6-month listing period and the maximum number of photos permitted by the MLS. Additionally, broker comparative market analyses and contract and state disclosures are available.
- Showcase Listing – $475: This package includes a 12-month listing period. Sellers also have the option to avoid the upfront payment and pay $975 at closing.
With Texas MLS Broker, you can sell your house quickly and profitably while managing the majority of the work yourself. Here are a few of its benefits.
- Broker Comparative Market Analysis in all Packages: The packages include CMAs, which help sellers set listing prices and buyers submit competitive bids.
- You can set the Buyer Agent Commission: You can set the commission for buyer agents. Both the Premium and Showcase Listing options offer the service.
According to our research, Texas MLS Broker has some major deal breakers.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Reviews of the Texas MLS Broker company claim that they have poor customer service. After putting the house on MLS, you cannot get nearly enough follow-ups.
- Limited Coverage in Texas: Texas MLS Broker does not serve the entire state of Texas. Only Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas-Fort Worth are served by them.
- No Broker Contract Available: Broker Contract Review is not included in the Texas MLS Broker’s standard listing.
We do not recommend their services as Texas MLS Broker has received unfavorable online reviews. Selling with them can be risky.
4. CONGRESS REALTY
Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service Package.
- Basic Package – $299: Includes a listing term of 6 months, 4 photos and state forms & disclosures, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: Includes the same services as the basic package with 10 free listing changes. In addition, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: Includes all services of the Plus Package with unlimited free listing changes, and open house postings.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This Package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: Jared Andrew English is one of the most capable brokers in the business. Whether you are buying or selling a home, Andrew provides excellent representation.
- Excellent Customer Service: Congress Realty’s Andrew and his team are among the fastest and most accessible brokers in the industry.
👉 Jared English Congress Realty: Jared English and Congress Realty have an “Excellent” of 4.9 stars out of 5 from 155 Houzeo home sellers. Check out his profile on Houzeo’s vendor page!
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. The broker community holds Jared Andrew English in high regard.
However, Congress Realty boasts several upgrades. These can pile up quickly at the time of closing!
We recommend the Premium Package as the best value for your money. You get unlimited changes with the Premium package. The cheaper plan requires you to purchase upgrades separately.
5. FLAT FEE BY YOU
FlatFeeByYou offers three packages to sellers.
- Basic Package – $45: This package includes 6 photographs and a 6-month listing period. Additional services include a comparative report and syndication to major real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, and others.
- Best Package – $95: Similar to their Basic Package, this package includes free broker consultation, unlimited price changes, and description updates.
- Premium Package – $295: Includes everything from their Best Package plus a professional photoshoot.
Flat Fee By You is a good choice because it offers good value. Here are a few of its benefits.
- Affordable Packages: Flat Fee By You offers a starting package for $45 per month. The premium package includes a home photo shoot with a professional photographer. The services appear to be inexpensive, yet there is a 0.5% hidden fee.
- State-Wide Coverage: Flat Fee By You covers the majority of Texas. They have locations in Dallas, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.
We discovered some significant deal-breakers with Flat Fee By You during our investigation.
- 0.5% Commission at Closing: Sellers are charged a 0.5% fee at closing by FlatFeeByYou. They set the buyer agent commission at 3%, with the remaining 0.5% going to themselves. Sellers should not be duped by their cheap packages because they contain hidden fees.
- Photography and Additional Charges: The $295 package is the only one that includes professional photos. Forms and disclosures have an extra fee, although the cost is not disclosed on their website.
- Only for Experienced Sellers: Only seasoned sellers should use Flat Fee By You’s entry-level plan. Choose one of the more expensive choices if you even somewhat need assistance.
We do not recommend FlatFeebyYou as you should not be deceived by their inexpensive packages because they contain hidden fees.
6. TEXAS MLS FLAT FEE
Texas MLS Flat Fee has 3 listing plans for FSBO sellers.
- Silver Package – $168: The plan gives you a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos on the MLS. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
- Gold Package – $198: You get everything from the Silver Package plus 25 photos on the MLS.
- Platinum Package – $248: The package includes a listing term of 12 months with 25 photos on the MLS. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
Texas MLS Flat Fee has great benefits for FBSO sellers.
- Affordable Plans: The plans on offer range between $168 – $248 which falls in the affordable category. Further, there are no additional costs or hidden fees.
- Bonus Items: Texas MLS Flat Fee gives you helpful home-selling items with every plan. This includes your own listing webpage, open house scheduler with maps, and color brochures.
Texas MLS Flat Fee has a few red flags to note.
- Not 100% Online: A lot of processes like reviewing offers and managing inspections will be carried out offline and manually.
- No Assistance: The plans on offer are affordable but very basic. New FSBO sellers require assistance with contract review and negotiation, home inspections, pricing, etc.
We recommend the Platinum Plan priced at $248 for experienced FSBO sellers from Texas. If you require more assistance, opt for Houzeo’s Platinum plan instead.
FSBO.com offers 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99.95: This is a basic plan where your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You do not get MLS listing in this plan.
- MLS Package – $399.95: The package includes an MLS listing term of 6 months with up to 20 photos.
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👑 The Queen’s Take: FSBO.com offers For Sale By Owner services, saving you thousands on hefty commissions. However, they do not list you on the MLS directly. Instead, they connect you with a broker at the state level.
👉 Pros and Cons of FSBO.com: Read the benefits and drawbacks of listing with FSBO.com.
FSBO.com can be useful for experienced home sellers.
- Multiple Listing Categories: You get to highlight your listing in specific sections dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User‑Friendly Interface: FSBO.com has a simple website that is easy to navigate. It has a basic interface that enables you to create your listing by adding relevant information.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of FSBO.com.
- Not 100% Online: FSBO.com lacks automation features. You have to manage your listings on your own.
- No DIY Resources: FSBO.com does not provide any resources to enhance your listing experience.
- Unreliable Broker Quality: FSBO.com has mixed reviews online saying it has good services in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: If you want to add more than 20 photos to your listing you have to pay extra fees of $50 to $60.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: For add-on services like e-lockbox rental and showing service you have to pay $150 and $75 respectively. These services are costly compared to other Flat-fee MLS service providers.
FSBO.com has no reviews from credible sources.
👉 FSBO.com Reviews: Read to know more about FSBO.com
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Texas Near Me
There are over 500 small and regional Multiple Listing Sites in the USA. Here are a few in the Lone Star State for FSBO home sellers.
- Flat Fee MLS Austin: Flat Fee MLS rates in Austin range between $95 to $1,400. You can list your home within 24-48 hours with a Flat Fee MLS listing company in Austin, Texas.
- Flat Fee MLS Dallas: Dallas home sellers are saving thousands by opting for a Flat Fee listing service. You can skip the 6% agent fees by becoming an FSBO seller.
- Flat Fee MLS El Paso: In El Paso the Flat Fee MLS rates are between $175 and $1,400.
- Flat Fee MLS Fort Worth: Flat Fee MLS listings will ensure that your Fort Worth home receives the most exposure possible on the local MLS. The fixed fee MLS rate is between $299 and $1,400.
- Flat Fee MLS Houston: Your Houston flat fee MLS listing gets the best exposure on the local MLS. The fixed fee MLS rate is between $45 and $1,400.
Be careful, Local TX Flat Fee MLS services have high hidden costs and sub-par technology! This can ruin your experience if you are a new FSBO seller.
How to List Without a Realtor in Texas?
Technically, only licensed real estate agents can list a property on the MLS. But with today’s technology, selling a house is easier than ever! To sell without a realtor you can opt for a Flat Fee MLS service and skip the heavy agent commissions.
List with a tech-backed Flat Fee Platform like Houzeo in 4 easy steps.
- Visit Houzeo to Register
- Enter your property info
- Purchase your preferred listing plan
- Complete the listing paperwork
👉 Houzeo is 100% online! Watch the video for more details.
How Much Do Texas MLS Listings Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay $200-$800 for a Flat Fee MLS listing service in TX.
Flat Fee MLS Listing services allow FSBO sellers to list their property without paying the listing agent commission. You also have the option to choose from an à la carte menu of services as per your needs.
We have listed a few upgrades most FFM Sites provide for an additional fee.
- Yard Sign: $49- $150
- Additional Photos: $50
- Lockbox: $50- $250
- Broker Assistance: 0.25%- 0.75% at closing
TX Seller Closing Costs and Seller Disclosure
Closing Costs: You will pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price as closing costs in Texas. The seller is responsible for both the seller’s agent and the buyer agent’s commission. Other closing costs are divided between both parties after negotiation.
Typical Seller’s Closing Costs in Texas include some of the following:-
- Attorney’s Fee: $150-$400 per hour
- Escrow Fee: $500-$800
- Home Inspection Fee: $350
- Real Estate Broker Commission- Average $17,000
Seller’s Disclosure: A Texas home seller is required by law to disclose any defects and restrictions pertaining to their property. This includes everything from pest infestation to pending legal matters. You must disclose these issues before the closing to avoid disputes with your buyer.
Typical Seller’s Disclosure in Texas includes some of the following:-
- Lead Paint Disclosure
- Fire Alarm Installation Certificate
Careful, Hidden Fees Ahead!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns with a flat fee MLS listing platform. Some of these services list the price as low as $99. This usually means you will be bombarded with hidden costs (not mentioned on the pricing page) during your closing process.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Click to know everything about Houzeo, the best flat fee MLS.
Alternatives To Texas Flat Fee MLS Companies
We recommend flat fee services that offer a full-service upgrade for most Texas home sellers. But if you like keeping your options open, here are a few alternatives to Flat Rate MLS companies.
- Discount Realtors in Texas: Texas discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, low-commission real estate agents will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- Cash Home Buyers: Companies that buy houses for cash in Texas pay you upfront within 24- 48 hours. However, most cash buyers pay an average of 12% less than your expected home sale price.
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad, buy hundreds of homes in Austin and other Texas areas. This can be a good option if you are trying to sell your home fast in Texas.
- Realtors in Texas: Texas Realtors will charge around 5% – 6% commission from the seller. However, if you are new to the real estate market it is likely you will need the guidance of a licensed real estate agent.
- For Sale By Owner: FSBO websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Florida and save thousands in listing agent commissions. Many For Sale By Owner websites will also list you on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Texas: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
The Final Verdict
Selling your home will probably be one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. As the seller, you must pay the listing agent and the buyer agent’s commission. A Flat Fee listing agent will help you save thousands in listing agent commissions.
We recommend Houzeo for most FSBO sellers in Texas. Houzeo’s user-friendly dashboard, combined with IntelliList Listing Management will help you navigate the tough real estate space with ease.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Texas?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Texas. In fact, the US DOJ updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
2. How long does it take for MLS listing to go live?
It takes about 2-4 days on average, after you have submitted all the required documents. Most Texas MLSs will make your listing live in under 24 hours.
3. How much do Flat Fee MLS cost in Texas?
Flat Fee MLS in Texas cost between $100-$1500 and will vary based on the packages you choose.
4. Which is the best Flat Fee MLS in Texas ?
The best Flat Fee MLS in Texas:
2. Texas MLS Broker
3. Creekview Realty
4. Congress Realty
5. Flat Fee By You
5. What is for sale by owner contract?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house. Generally it is the real estate agent who draws up contract in for sale by owner transaction.
6. How to sell a house in 2023?
If you want to sell your home in 2023, you must follow these steps:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on your Local TX MLS and save thousands of commission.
Related Keywords: flat fee mls listing texas, texas flat fee mls listing, flat fee mls texas reviews, flat fee listing texas, flat fee real estate brokers texas, texas flat fee realtors, flat fee mls listing dallas, flat fee realtor near me, cheapest flat fee mls in texas, flat fee mls listing companies texas, list on mls flat fee texas