The U.S. housing market is cooling off. Mortgage rates have shot up. They are expected to remain elevated through 2024.
If you’re a home seller, you’re nervous to sell now with dropping prices. You also don’t want to sell your low-interest mortgage home and buy another home at the current interest rates.
Should you sell now before home prices plummet? Or wait for rates to fall? Unless you want to learn how to sell a house by owner, you’re looking for a REALTOR to help.
If you’re a home buyer, you don’t know whether you can even afford a home. Prices are still high. And interest rates have added hundreds of dollars to your mortgage payments. Is now the best time to buy a house? Or wait?
A great REALTOR can help you navigate these choppy waters and make the right decision. And once you decide, they can be the pro you rely on to help you buy or sell.
Some REALTORS will save you thousands with technology. Others will help you sell your luxury property for top dollar, and still, others can show you how to stop foreclosure.
We’ve ranked the best REALTORS in the US. Use these rankings as a starting point to find the best REALTOR that fits your needs!
Reviews: America’s 7 Top Real Estate Agents
1. Jared Andrew English, Congress Realty
Jared Andrew English is an experienced Flat Fee MLS broker, and has represented thousands of home sellers. Congress Realty covers all major MLS’ in Washington.
Jared Andrew English is a Flat Fee Realtor licensed in 12 states. Jared offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and 1 full-service package.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes a listing term of 6 months with 4 photos and access to all state forms and disclosures. It also provides the showing appointment tool, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: The services offered are similar to the basic package. You can make up to 10 free listing changes. Additionally, buyer leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: You get all the services from the Plus package with unlimited open house postings. You can make unlimited listing changes. Your listing also gets featured on social media.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. You will 0.5% at closing.
Listing Upgrades: In the cheaper plans, you have to purchase upgrades separately. We’ve summarized all upgrades below.
- Call Forwarding: $50
- Max Photos (if more than 25): $50
- Open House Advertisement: $50
- Listing Renewal: $175
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jared for being highly knowledgeable with stellar customer reviews. His Premium package allows unlimited changes, so it’s worth it mentally and likely financially.
» Jared English, Congress Realty: Check out the services offered by Jared English via Houzeo.com
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: There are very few brokers as capable as Jared Andrew English. If you are buying or selling, Andrew provides excellent representation and works hard for your interests.
- Excellent Customer Service: Very few brokers are as fast and reachable as Andrew and his team at Congress Realty.
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 605 properties in the last 12 months.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. Jared Andrew English has a stellar reputation within the Realtor community.
Congress Realty however has a significant number of upgrades. They can add up quickly, so if you’re opting for a cheaper plan we recommend you budget for these.
Congress Realty has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 127 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Jared Andrew English is an experienced Flat Fee MLS broker and has represented thousands of home sellers. He offers flat fee broker services in 12 states.
Jared has sold more than 600 properties in the last 12 months. His team is known for their responsiveness and professionalism.
2. Derek Greene, The Greene Realty Group
Derek Greene, founder of The Greene Realty Group offers flat fee services in 7 states. The price of the packages varies state-wise.
Common services include open house assistance, contract review, market analysis, and broker consultation. You can upload 30 photos and add a virtual tour video. You also get legal forms and state disclosure etc.
Coverage in 7 States: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Derek Greene for his exceptional service to FSBO home sellers.
» Derek Greene, The Greene Realty Group: Check out the services provided by Derek Greene via Houzeo.com
Here are a few highlights about The Greene Realty Group:
Marketing Assistance: Your listing is advertised across popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and several other syndicated websites. You can also post video tours and advertise open houses through their MLS.
Houzeo Agent Advantage: Derek has access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
Transaction Sides: Derek has sold 500+ properties in the last 12 months and has over 3,565 listings.
In our research, we found no red flags with The Greene Realty Group. Derek has a great reputation among the broker community.
The Greene Realty Group has a 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 171 total reviews on Houzeo.com
Derek Greene is the founder of The Greene Realty Group. He offers his services in 7 states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Derek Greene is a thorough professional. Previous sellers have not only saved money with Derek but also received excellent service and guidance.
3. Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services
Daniel Demers is a Flat Fee REALTOR licensed in 10 states. He provides his services through Sell Your Home Services.
Sell Your Home Services offers one FSBO Package:
- For Sale by Owner MLS Listing from $199: You can list your house on the MLS and hundreds of other real estate websites. With this package, you can add up to 30 photos.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his prompt customer service and knowledge in more than ten real estate markets.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
- He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
- Dan has access to Houzeo’s 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
- Sell Your Home Services offers only one package which limits your selling options.
» Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services: Find out what customers are saying about Dan Demers Realtor.
- Sell Your Home Services offers only one package which limits your selling options.
- We did not find any other drawbacks in his service.
Dan offers flat fee broker services in 10 states: Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee. He has represented thousands of home sellers.
Daniel Demers is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond his limits to maintain professionalism. Dan is relatively fast to get your property listed.
4. Tod Franklin, DFW Cityhomes
Tod Franklin is one of the top Realtors in Texas. He is a real estate veteran with 25 years of experience under his belt.
Tod Franklin offers 5 listing packages via DFWCityHomes in Texas.
DFWCityhomes offers 5 Listing Packages.
- Limited Service Flat Fee MLS Listing $495 (Upfront Setup Fee): This package provides you complete control over the sale of your house. it is ideal for an experienced seller. You won’t be charged any closing fees.
- Virtual Flat Fee MLS Listing $495 + $750 at closing: You get a For Sale Yard Sign. You can upload 40 photos, and a virtual tour video to your listing. You get phone, email, and text assistance for negotiations, contracts, and the closing process.
- Full-Service MLS Listing $750 + 1% of the sales price at closing: This is a full-service plan where you get professional assistance from listing to closing.
- Sell Or Lease MLS Listing $895 or $750 at closing: You pay $895 as a set-up fee. When your property is leased, you are not charged anything. If it is sold, then you pay a full $750 representation fee.
- Luxury Home Flat Fee MLS Listing $995 + $3,000 at closing: For an upfront fee of $995, you get assistance throughout your selling journey. But at closing, you pay $3,000 as a full representation fee.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Tod Franklin for his expertise in Texas real estate market. His professionalism ensures a hassle-free journey for his clients.
» Tod Franklin, DFWCityhomes: Check out the services offered by Tod via Houzeo.com
DFWCityhomes is a good option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 124 properties in the last 12 months.
- Buyer Rebate: Tod offers a 1% buyer rebate as a conditional incentive for home buyers.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Tod has access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
We found no red flags with DFWCityhomes during our research. Tod Franklin is one of the best Realtors in Texas.
However, DFWCityhomes packages are expensive. If you are opting for any of its packages we recommend you budget for those.
» Tod Franklin, DFWCityhomes: Find out what customers are saying about Tod Franklin Realtor.
Tod has an “Excellent” 5 out of 5-star rating from 140 total reviews on Houzeo.com
Tod Franklin is one of the top Realtors in Texas. He is a real estate veteran with 25 years of experience under his belt.
Tod offers various Flat Fee MLS packages via DFWCityhomes. They also offer a 1% buyer rebate as an incentive for home buyers. This is subject to certain conditions being met.
5. Brian Dombroski
Brian offers 3 attractive Flat Fee MLS California packages and 1 Full Service Package.
- Bronze Plan – $299: The package includes 15 photos, a 6-month listing term, and only email support.
- Silver Plan – $399: This is the best flat fee MLS California plan that Brian offers. You get contracts, forms, disclosure documents, and property flyers in addition to the services of the Bronze Plan.
- Gold Plan – $999 + $150: It includes ‘Hire a Coach’ service. The listing term is 1 year with 35 photos. You get phone and priority email assistance, sales contract review plus all the services of the Silver Plan. This package charges a $150 admin closing fee to remove your property from the MLS.
- Platinum Package – $699+0.75% at closing: A full-service plan where you get the assistance of a real estate broker. You get a “For Sale Sign”, full contract support, DocuSign, and seller paperwork, all handled by the broker.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Brian’s Silver Plan. However, this package would be ideal for experienced sellers who do not need much hand-holding. For first-time sellers, we recommend the Gold Plan for additional guidance to get you through the transaction.
Work With Brain Dromboski: Brian has an excellent rating of 5 out of 5 stars from 12 Houzeo home sellers.
We discovered no red flags with Brian during our research. Brian has an excellent reputation among brokers.
However, the Bronze and Silver Plans are for seasoned sellers and investors. If you are a first-time seller, you must choose the Gold Plan, which is quite pricey.
Brian has an “Excellent” 5 out of 5-star rating from 12 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Brian Dombroski is one of the top-rated real estate agents in California with more than 11 years of experience. His team is well-known for excellent customer service. Sellers close much faster with him.
The Bronze and Silver plan comes with a la carte services to personalize your package. He also offers full-service premium packages.
6. Mauricio Umansky, The Agency
Mauricio Umansky is a REALTOR and founder of The Agency. He specializes in property management and selling luxury properties.
With Mauricio Umansky you can expect the full commission of 5% – 6%.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Mauricio Umansky for luxury properties. He has closed more than $4 billion in sales and provides top-notch real estate services.
Mauricio is an excellent option for luxury home sellers in California.
- Global Exposure: Mauricio and his team operate globally to provide maximum exposure to your property.
- Free Moving Consultation: Mauricio provides free moving consultation services through a committed team of professionals.
- Access to Listings: You get access to The Agency’s entire database after you sign up on its website. You can also request a tour of the listed properties by booking an appointment.
- Transaction sides: Maurcio has closed more than $4 billion in sales.
Mauricio is recognized as the #1 Top-producing real estate agent in California by Wall Street Journal and the #5 Top-producing real estate agent in the U.S.
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Mauricio Umansky.
Mauricio Umansky has an “Excellent” 5 out of 5-star rating on Zillow.
Mauricio is one of the best realtors in California, with over 23 years of experience. He is the most sought-after Realtor when it comes to luxury properties.
Past sellers have praised his professionalism and expertise in the real estate industry.
7. Jason Saphire, EntryOnly.com
Jason Saphire, the founder of Entry Only offers 2 flat fee MLS packages and a full-service package.
- Basic – $399: This package offers a 6-month MLS listing term with 20 photos on the MLS. You also get transaction coordination, flyers, buyer lead forwarding, and a yard sign.
- Enhanced – $699: You get all the services of the Basic package + contract review assistance.
- Premium – $999: This is a full-service package. It includes all services of the Enhanced package + negotiations before/after inspections and closing assistance.
- Coverage in 6 States: Entry Only is licensed to offer services in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Listing Upgrades: Here is a summary of add-on services offered by Entry Only.
- Upload additional photos: $100
- 12-month initial listing: $100
- Expedited same-day MLS entry: $100
- 2nd MLS system/category: $100
- Customizable yard sign: $20 (Upto $100)
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jason Saphire for his responsiveness and process expertise.
» List with Jason: Check out the services offered by Jason via Houzeo.com.
Here are some key benefits of listing with Entry Only:
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All email inquiries will be forwarded to you. In addition to this, Entry Only has a 24/7 receptionist service to redirect buyers and agents to you.
- Closing Assistance: Entry Only strives to make the closing process smoother by coordinating with buyer agents, lenders, appraisers, inspectors, attorneys, and title companies.
- 2x Money Back Guarantee: If you are unable to sell your house through Entry Only, it offers a referral to a local traditional broker in your area. In addition to this, it provides a rebate of twice your listing fee (up to $999).
In our research, we found no red flags with Entry Only. Jason Saphire is a reputable broker with more than 20 years of experience in the field.
Entry Only offers a significant number of listing upgrades. However, the ones that may boost the sale of your house, like a higher number of photographs, expedited MLS entry, and secondary MLS listing, are steeply-priced.
So, we recommend you budget for these when choosing to list with Entry Only.
Realtor Jason Saphire offers affordable services with EntryOnly.com and Houzeo.com. He is licensed in 6 states.
Jason and his team strive to make the closing process smoother by coordinating with buyer agents, lenders, appraisers, and title companies.
What are Real Estate Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
REALTORS can be commercial brokers, real estate agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A REALTOR’s pledge to business integrity and fair dealing.
What is the Average Real Estate Agent Commission?
The average Realtor commission is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies state-wise.
With increasing competition and better alternatives, Realtor agents are willing to lower their commissions and provide concessions to the home seller.
» How To Negotiate Real Estate Commissions: Pro tips on how to negotiate agent commissions and save thousands!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Who Pays Real Estate Agent Fees?
The seller typically pays the REALTOR fees. However, this concept is a tricky one. Although the seller is responsible for paying the fees to the REALTOR, they have already considered this amount when determining the listing price.
In simple terms, it can be said that REALTOR fees are a part of the sale price of a home.
Do Closing Costs include Real Estate Agent Fees?
Yes! A major part of closing costs the buyer or seller pays in real estate transactions is Realtor fees. Closing costs, also known as “settlement costs,” are the final expenses to complete the real estate transaction.
1. Home Selling
A sizeable chunk of the seller’s closing costs, comprising 5% – 6% of the sales price, is made up of REALTOR commissions. It is important to note that the seller pays a commission to both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
The commissions can vary according to the type of service you want to opt for selling your home.
- Flat Fee MLS: With flat fee MLS services like Houzeo you can sell your home at an average fee of $399 and save thousands in commissions. Get the best possible exposure for your home by listing it on the MLS.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: The average fee these brokers charge ranges between 0.5% and 2.5% of the sale price. They provide services at reduced rates thereby making them a top choice for sellers.
2. Home Buying
Buyer closing costs do not usually include the REALTOR fees. However, this fee is already included in the price the buyer pays for their home.
⚡Buyer Closing Costs: Check our blog on how much the buyer has to pay as closing costs.
REALTOR vs. Agent vs. Broker
- Real Estate Agents: Agents are licensed professionals who represent buyers or sellers in real estate transactions. They must work with a broker or a brokerage.
- Real Estate Broker: Brokers are agents with experience and a license, allowed after completing additional coursework. They can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.
- REALTOR®: REALTORs are agents or brokers that are members of NAR and follow NAR’s code of ethics. Their modes of operation and responsibilities are similar to that of agents and/or brokers.
How to Find a REALTOR?
Home sellers and buyers can find a top-rated REALTOR with proper research. If you wish to sell or buy a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
Here’s how you can find a Realtor for your home selling/buying needs
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR. Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews on trusted reviews websites like Google, Yelp, Trustpilot, etc.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No, you cannot. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top Real Estate Agents
Realtors are the best option for first-time home sellers. But if saving money is your goal, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology for selling your house without a Realtor.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes nationwide. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
List with Houzeo
Get your home listed today and Houzeo will walk you through the entire process to show your property at its best. Fast listing. No hidden fees.
- Houzeo Complaints: Read Before You List
- Is Houzeo Legit: Find Out Now
- Houzeo Reviews: Here’s Why This Real Estate Platform is a Game Changer
- Houzeo Hidden Fees: The Truth Behind the $349 Listing Fee
Top Real Estate Agents – Near Me
|Maine | Connecticut | New Jersey | New Hampshire | Pennsylvania | Vermont
|Top Real Estate Agents in New Mexico | Top Real Estate Agents in Illinois
|Top Real Estate Agents in Florida | Top Real Estate Agents in Delaware | Top Real Estate Agents in Georgia | Top Real Estate Agents in Alabama | Top Real Estate Agents in Texas | Top Real Estate Agents in North Carolina
|Top Real Estate Agents in California | Top Real Estate Agents in Arizona
A good REALTOR can make the process of selling or buying a house a breeze. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property or find your dream home.
However, the average REALTOR commission of 6% reduces your profits substantially. Additionally, seller closing costs are quite high.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the best REALTORS in USA?
The best REALTORS in USA are:
1. Jared Andrew English
2. Derek Greene
3. Daniel Demers
4. Tod Franklin
5. Brandon yager
How much is REALTOR Commission?
Realtor Commission in most states is 3% for listing agent and 2.5%-3% for buyer agent.
What is the best way to find a REALTOR?
The best way to find a REALTOR is by thorough research. You should check the number of listings done by that REALTOR in the past year. Apart from that, you need to read the reviews posted by their clients on various review platforms.
How to find the best REALTOR?
You can find the best Realtors affiliated with Houzeo.com by opting for their Flat Fee MLS service.
Related: realtor company, cathy franklin corcoran, top realtors, top realtor, top realtors , realtors near me; best realtor near me, average realtor commission, how much is realtor commission, find a realtor, realtor broker, find a realtor near me, find a realtor to sell my house, home realtor, licensed realtor, realtor agencies, realtor search, top rated realtors near me, best realtor company, best realtors in my area, realtors around me, what is the best way to find a realtor, discount realtors, all real estate agents are realtors, choosing a realtor, home realtors near me, realtor brokers near me, realtor websites, realtors reviews, reviews for realtors, reviews of realtors, reviews on realtors, best realtor reviews