The Arizona housing market is cooling off. Mortgage rates have shot up. They are expected to remain elevated through 2024.
If you’re a home seller, you’re nervous to sell now with dropping prices. You also don’t want to sell your low-interest mortgage home and buy another home at the current interest rates.
Should you sell now before home prices plummet? Or wait for rates to fall? Unless you want to learn how to sell a house by owner in Arizona, you’re looking for a REALTOR to help.
If you’re a home buyer, you don’t know whether you can even afford a home. Prices are still high. And interest rates have added hundreds of dollars to your mortgage payments. Is now the best time to buy a house in Arizona? Or wait?
A great REALTOR can help you navigate these choppy waters and make the right decision. And once you decide, they can be the pro you rely on to help you buy or sell.
Some REALTORS will save you thousands with technology. Others will help you sell your luxury property for top dollar, and still, others can show you how to stop foreclosure in Arizona.
With our rankings of the 7 best REALTORS in Arizona, you can find the right one for a smooth and hassle-free real estate transaction.
🏅 Rankings: Top 7 REALTORS in ARIZONA
Reviews: 7 Top Real Estate Agents in Arizona
1. Jared Andrew English, Houzeo.com
Jared Andrew English is an experienced Flat Fee MLS broker, and has represented thousands of home sellers. Congress Realty covers all major MLS’ in Washington.
Jared Andrew English is a Flat Fee Realtor licensed in 12 states. Jared offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and 1 full-service package.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes a listing term of 6 months with 4 photos and access to all state forms and disclosures. It also provides the showing appointment tool, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: The services offered are similar to the basic package. You can make up to 10 free listing changes. Additionally, buyer leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: You get all the services from the Plus package with unlimited open house postings. You can make unlimited listing changes. Your listing also gets featured on social media.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. You will 0.5% at closing.
Listing Upgrades: In the cheaper plans, you have to purchase upgrades separately. We’ve summarized all upgrades below.
- Call Forwarding: $50
- Max Photos (if more than 25): $50
- Open House Advertisement: $50
- Listing Renewal: $175
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jared for being highly knowledgeable with stellar customer reviews. His Premium package allows unlimited changes, so it’s worth it mentally and likely financially.
» Jared English, Congress Realty: Check out the services offered by Jared English via Houzeo.com
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: There are very few brokers as capable as Jared Andrew English. If you are buying or selling, Andrew provides excellent representation and works hard for your interests.
- Excellent Customer Service: Very few brokers are as fast and reachable as Andrew and his team at Congress Realty.
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 605 properties in the last 12 months.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. Jared Andrew English has a stellar reputation within the Realtor community.
Congress Realty however has a significant number of upgrades. They can add up quickly, so if you’re opting for a cheaper plan we recommend you budget for these.
Congress Realty has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 127 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Jared Andrew English is an experienced Flat Fee MLS broker and has represented thousands of home sellers. He offers flat fee broker services in 12 states.
Jared Andrew English has sold more than 600 properties in the last 12 months. His team is known for their responsiveness and professionalism.
2. Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services
Daniel Demers is a Flat Fee REALTOR licensed in 10 states. He provides his services through Sell Your Home Services.
Sell Your Home Services offers one FSBO Package:
- For Sale by Owner MLS Listing from $199: You can list your house on the MLS and hundreds of other real estate websites. With this package, you can add up to 30 photos.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his prompt customer service and knowledge in more than ten real estate markets.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
- He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
- Dan has access to Houzeo’s 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
- Sell Your Home Services offers only one package which limits your selling options.
» Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services: Find out what customers are saying about Dan Demers Realtor.
- Sell Your Home Services offers only one package which limits your selling options.
- We did not find any other drawbacks in his service.
Dan offers flat fee broker services in 10 states. He has represented thousands of home sellers.
Daniel Demers is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond his limits to maintain professionalism. Dan is relatively fast to get your property listed.
3. Bruno Arapovic, Home Smart
Bruno Arapovic is a local market expert. He analysis the market and helps sellers ith pricing. Past sellers praise his customer service and quick responsiveness.
He has been a multi-million-dollar producing Realtor for the past 16 years.
4. Christine McConnaughay, Realty Executive International
Christine McConnaughay and her agents from Realty Executives International provide prompt customer support 24/7. They also offer additional services like emergency repairs and home appraisal services.
Christine brings in more than 27 years of real estate experience. Her agency has been one of the top-producing agencies for many years.
5. Thomas Mastromatto, Mountain Lake Realty
Thomas Mastromatto is one Top 1% agents in Arizona. With Mountain Lake Realty Thomas offers flat fee MLS services to Arizona home sellers.
Thomas is an expert in negotiations. Past sellers with Thomas have praised him for getting them deals over the asking price for their homes.
6. Bobby Lieb, Home Smart
Bobby Lieb has worked for years in the local and national markets. He is one of the best Realtors in Arizona’s North Central areas like Phoenix and Paradise Valley.
Bobby is professionally skilled with the latest tech to make your real estate transaction innovative.
7. Greg Messick, Sell By Owner Arizona
Greg Messick is associated with SellByOwner Arizona.com. He offers 3 Arizona Flat Fee MLS Packages.
- Good Package – $299: Includes a 3-month listing term with 6 photos, a printable color flyer template, real estate contracts, and disclosures.
- Better Package – $399: The services offered here are the same as the Good Package. The listing term is 6 months with 12 photos.
- Best Package – $499: The listing term is 1 year with 25 digital photos.
Listing Upgrades: Here is a summary of the Listing Upgrades that SaleByOwner Arizona.com provides.
- Real Estate Sign: $39.99
- Customized “For Sale By Owner” sign: $89.99
- Yard Box: $39.99
- Supra Electronic Lockbox Rental: $149.99
- Combination Lock Box: $49.99
- Second MLS Database Listing: $200
- Virtual Tour Slide Show: $79.99
- Photographer Service: $199
- Comparative Market Analysis: $99
👉 Our Take: We recommend Greg for his excellent customer service and expertise in the real estate market.
Greg Messick has put together an incredible suite of services that harness and maximize the marketing power of the internet.
- Custom Web Address: Their top package allows you to have custom web addresses for your listing that you can share with potential buyers.
- Transaction Assistance Service: If you have a buyer but would like a professional Realtor to handle the transaction, Greg and Sell By Owner Arizona helps you with all the required paperwork.
- A REALTOR.com® Showcase Listing: SellByOwnerAZ.com’s top package showcases and improves your listing on REALTOR.com®. This includes a comprehensive property description as well as a personalized headline banner above your photos.
According to our study, SellByOwnerArizona has a few negatives.
- Restricted Listing Changes: SellByOwner Arizona.com does not allow you to make any changes to the details of your property once it goes live on the MLS. According to our research, many other companies provide this service for free.
- No à la carte services are available: SellByOwner Arizona’s packages cannot be customized as there are no a la carte services available.
Greg Messick has 4.8 out of 5 stars on Zillow.
Greg Messick founder of Realty Net has been in the real estate market for more than 22 years. He is easy to go with for first-time home sellers.
Past sellers gush about how easy dealing with Greg was. With him, selling was simple for them.
What are Real Estate Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A REALTOR’s pledge to business integrity and fair dealing.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Arizona?
The average Realtor commission is typically between 5% – 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies state-wide.
With increasing competition and better alternatives, Realtor agents are willing to lower their commissions and provide concessions to the home seller.
» How to Negotiate Real Estate Commissions: Pro tips on how to negotiate agent commissions and save thousands!
Who Pays Real Estate Agent Fees in Arizona?
The seller typically pays the REALTOR fees. Although the seller is responsible for paying these fees, they can always negotiate with the buyer on this.
In simple terms, it can be said that REALTOR fees are a part of the sale price of a home.
Do Closing Costs include REALTOR Fees?
Yes! Realtor fees are a major part of closing costs. Closing costs, also known as “settlement costs,” are the final expenses to complete the real estate transaction.
1. Home Selling
A sizeable chunk of the seller’s closing costs, comprising 5%–6% of the sales price, is made up of REALTOR commissions. It is important to note that the seller pays a commission to both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
The commissions can vary according to the type of service you want to opt for selling your home.
- Flat Fee MLS: Sell your home with an average fee of $399 and save thousands in commissions. Get the best possible exposure for your home by listing it on the MLS.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: The average fee these low-commission brokers charge is $5,000 or 1.5% of the sale price. They provide services at reduced rates thereby making them a top choice for sellers.
⚡Seller Closing Costs in Arizona: Find out what closing costs you pay as a seller in Arizona.
2. Home Buying
Buyer closing costs do not usually include the REALTOR fees. However, this fee is already included in the price the buyer pays for their home.
⚡Buyer Closing Costs in Arizona: Find what closing costs you pay as a buyer in Arizona.
REALTORS vs. Agents vs. Brokers
- Real Estate Agents: Agents are licensed professionals who represent buyers or sellers in real estate transactions. They must work with a broker or a brokerage.
- Real Estate Broker: Brokers are agents with experience and a license, allowed after completing additional coursework. They can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.
- REALTOR®: REALTORs are agents or brokers that are members of NAR and follow NAR’s code of ethics. Their modes of operation and responsibilities include that of agents and/or brokers.
How to Find Real Estate Agents in Arizona?
Home sellers and buyers can find a top real estate agent in Arizona with proper research. If you wish to sell or buy a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
Here’s how you can find a Realtor for your home selling/buying needs:
- Find Licensed Realtors: Look for agents who are members of the NAR. Select Realtors with lower commission rates and check whether they provide virtual or full services.
- Interview Realtors: Interview short-listed Realtors and convey your requirements. Find out their specialization, and whether they offer cutting-edge technology and online services.
- Review and Finalize: Check reviews on trusted websites like Google, Yelp, Trustpilot, etc. Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
Best Realtors Near Me
|Maine | Connecticut | New Jersey | New Hampshire | Pennsylvania | Vermont
|Top Real Estate Agents in New Mexico | Top Real Estate Agents in Illinois
|Top Real Estate Agents in Florida | Top Real Estate Agents in Delaware | Top Real Estate Agents in Georgia | Top Real Estate Agents in Alabama | Top Real Estate Agents in Texas | Top Real Estate Agents in North Carolina
|Top Real Estate Agents in California | Top Real Estate Agents in Arizona
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Realtors in Arizona
Realtors are the best option for first-time home sellers. But if saving money is your goal, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Discount real estate brokers in Arizona offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: With Arizona Flat Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology for selling your house without a Realtor.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes nationwide. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in Arizona.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Arizona make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
List with Houzeo
Get your home listed today and Houzeo will walk you through the entire process to show your property at its best. Fast listing. No hidden fees.
- Houzeo Complaints: Read Before You List
- Is Houzeo Legit: Find Out Now
- Houzeo Reviews: Here’s Why This Real Estate Platform is a Game Changer
- Houzeo Hidden Fees: The Truth Behind the $349 Listing Fee
Having a good REALTOR® when selling or buying a house can make the process a cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property or find your dream home.
However, the average REALTOR commission of 6% reduces your profits substantially. Additionally, seller closing costs are quite high.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions About Realtors in Arizona
Who are the Top 10 Arizona REALTORS?
The Best REALTORS in Arizona are:
1. Jared Andrew English
2. Bruno Arapovic
3. Christine McConnaughay
4. Kenneth Bolan
5. Jon Sherwood
6. Bobby Lieb
7. Rebecca Durfey
8. Gary Brasher
9. Angel Bolan Arvin
10. Daniel Barraza
What percentage do REALTORS make in Arizona?
Typically, the REALTORS in Arizona do make money with charging 5.36% commission of the total sales price of the property.
Who pays REALTOR fees in Arizona?
The seller needs to pay the fees of both side of REALTORS, the buyer and the seller's side.